PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady: Actually Satan because of the IGL. Meanwhile, Saint Peyton...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any indication that Manning knew about what was going to happen to Papa John's?? Easy to say, but difficult and costly to prove...

Not sure about anyone else, but where I buy pizza when I bought pizza, has nothing to do with NFL affiliations..

That would be true in any situation like this.

From Matt Levine's Money Stuff column on bloomberg.com, which is a must read IMHO if you are at all interested in finance stuff:

Peyton Manning "sold his stake in 31 Denver-area Papa John’s locations two days before the NFL and the pizza chain ended their sponsorship agreement late last month," and people tweeted at me like "isn't that insider trading?" First of all, I have no earthly idea why Peyton Manning would be privy to inside information about NFL sponsorship agreements. If he did have advance notice of the changes, though, I still think it would be a bit silly to analyze it as insider trading. This was a negotiated sale of a stake in a business, presumably with a sale agreement, representations and warranties, etc. The question is roughly, did the buyer ask about the sponsorship stuff, and did Manning make any misrepresentations? Most of the time when you sell something -- certainly when you sell a business that you own -- you know more about the thing than the buyer does, and that is expected, and the buyer's protections tend to involve representations and warranties and due diligence, not insider-trading-type notions of a level playing field. Securities law is the outlier in this respect, not the norm.

"The question is roughly, did the buyer ask about the sponsorship stuff, and did
Manning make any misrepresentations?"

From my vast experience selling 2 residential properties this is more what I was thinking. That if he was asked about the sponsorship if he lied or not. I don't share that guy's idea that it's insane to think someone wouldn't have dropped a line to DA SHERRUFF about this cause he seems very cozy with the league.

The other question I have is based on a comment from someone who works in flipping real estate in MA said to me off hand a few years ago. That if something is listed as a 'feature' of a property and that feature goes away that does open up an avenue for lawsuit. No idea if anything like this remotely applies to selling franchises.

Which was the point made back in post 16 ;) :
Depending on the terms of the sale it could be construed as failing to disclose adverse circumstances.

Manning is an unrepentant sexual assault artist. The only thing he has coming is a goddamned baseball bat full force in his grinning jackass face. Period. POS.

I’d pay huge money to see that

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft