PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady’s Ongoing Records Thread

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tomorrow Tom Brady will start his 299th regular season game, passing Brett Favre for the most all-time. In addition, Brady has 36 TD passes this season to move ahead of Drew Brees for most all-time (577-568). Put those together, and here’s a ridiculous accomplishment by Brady that will happen tomorrow. He’ll be the all-time leader for QBs in:
  • Games Started (Regular Season, Postseason, and Super Bowl, separately)
  • Wins (Regular Season, Postseason, and Super Bowl, separately)
  • Touchdown Passes (Regular Season, Postseason, and Super Bowl, separately)
In addition, if Brees retires as expected, Brady will likely next year add passing yards and completions to the list.

Combining regular season and postseason, Brady now has:
  • 340 starts
  • 259 wins
  • 90,103 passing yards
  • 650 passing touchdowns

Last edited:
Regular Season Records and Postseason records...the undisputed GOAT

To state the obvious, 6 Superbowl Rings and 9 Superbowl trips is also the best ever.

Whatever.

Brady's resume is unreal.

Not impressed at all?
I am impressed. I just have a slight begrudging of the adulations sometimes because football is the ultimate team sports. Brady has been lucky and also taken care of himself very well to have been able to play for so long. If you play for over 20 years and you belonged to a great organization, why will you not have this successes and records? I cite his records alright, but I also add that it is over a 20 year span.

I am impressed. I just have a slight begrudging of the adulations sometimes because football is the ultimate team sports. Brady has been lucky and also taken care of himself very well to have been able to play for so long. If you play for over 20 years and you belonged to a great organization, why will you not have this successes and records? I cite his records alright, but I also add that it is over a 20 year span.
I think that over 20 year span makes his records possible for sure but that shouldnt diminish any if them. In fact it makes the achievement all the more impressive. Luck? I've heard it defined as the result of preparation meeting opportunity.

(Double post removed)

Seriously? I’m sure anybody could have done as well as Brady in your mind right? I cannot disagree more

Seriously? I’m sure anybody could have done as well as Brady in your mind right? I cannot disagree more
Not just about anybody. I can think of Matt Ryan for example, Phillip Rivers, they may not have matched exactly, but they will have been comparable. Bottom-line line is this, I just don't think it was just Brady specifically, he arrived and matched BB's intensity perfectly and they both achieved these along with the many underrated players who have played for the Patriots these last 20years.

Not just about anybody. I can think of Matt Ryan for example, Phillip Rivers, they may not have matched exactly, but they will have been comparable. Bottom-line line is this, I just don't think it was just Brady specifically, he arrived and matched BB's intensity perfectly and they both achieved these along with the many underrated players who have played for the Patriots these last 20years.
Matt Ryan? Philip Rivers? They have 0 Super Bowl titles between them. Only Ryan has made it that far, once, and he got smoked by Brady in the greatest comeback in NFL history. You could combine the best 10 seasons of each into one career and Brady would still put it to shame.

By the way Brady is the only Patriot player to span the entire dynasty. He has 6 rings; no other Patriot player has more than 3. And without Brady they would all have none. Belichick would not have won any Super Bowls without Brady. He can't even win a division without Brady (0-8). Brady is the primary reason for the Patriots dynasty.

Put on the tape and watch Ryan or Rivers throw the football. They simply do not have the arm talent that Brady does, point blank. Brady’s arm / accuracy / anticipation are way underrated bc his “intangibles” are so strong and bc of some old pre-draft biases that have carried over. But make no mistake - Brady’s ability to throw the football into tight windows at all levels of the field is special.

Put on the tape and watch Ryan or Rivers throw the football. They simply do not have the arm talent that Brady does, point blank. Brady’s arm / accuracy / anticipation are way underrated bc his “intangibles” are so strong and bc of some old pre-draft biases that have carried over. But make no mistake - Brady’s ability to throw the football into tight windows at all levels of the field is special.

Yep. It’s that velocity and millimeter precision on those 15 yard passes...especially over the middle. Brady’s fastball is one of the most underrated skills in pro sports; I’ve never understood why perception differs so much from clear and obvious evidence on the field.

The deep passes get a lot of hype but are more about the wide receiver and usually more random in outcome. For example, we heard about Joe Flacco’s arm strength for years, but that merely led to some big lollipop style bombs. Almost irrelevant in terms of beating defenses.

Go to the Brady GIF thread and look at the three I just posted from the Kansas City AFCCG. Those are the great ones.

On a related note, I think this is why I think Mahomes is so great, too...his intermediate level throws are so tight and fast.

When Brady can set his feet or is in a controlled scramble, his arm talent is up there in the top 3-5 in the league. What makes Mahomes/Rodgers special vs. Brady is their ability to do so without setting their feet.

What made Brady really special vs. the other top QBs was that he could hold his mechanics/set his feet properly even in really muddy situations because of incredible pocket presence and probably just pure discipline. He has lost a bit of that over time - it's the only area where I've seen evidence of age. Therefore he's gone from being the best QB in the league / top 1-2 to ~top 5 and less portable than others. Still more than capable of carrying a team to a title.

As of halftime on Jan 9 2020:

All-Time Leaders In Playoff TD Passes
1. Tom Brady, 75
2. Joe Montana, 45
3. Brett Favre, 44
T-4. Peyton Manning, 40
T-4. Aaron Rodgers, 40
6. Drew Brees, 34
7. Dan Marino, 32
8. Kurt Warner, 31
T-9. Terry Bradshaw, 30
T-9. Ben Roethlisberger, 30

stole from another forum

Brady has more playoff completions than any other QB has playoff pass attempts.

Put on the tape and watch Ryan or Rivers throw the football. They simply do not have the arm talent that Brady does
I’ve always kinda hated how Rivers throws. He seems to need to put his whole body into it to get the ball to go anywhere

I’ve always kinda hated how Rivers throws. He seems to need to put his whole body into it to get the ball to go anywhere
Hes been a top 10 quarterback for a long time though.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back