PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Today: For All You Peter King haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've given my opinion on him before here: His MMQB column during the NFL season reads like what I imagine an early teen's diary would. So and so texted me this, I like this coffee this week, Bill Belichick still won't talk to me and I'll use my column to wonder why even though I KNOW it's because of the hatchet job I did on him for a month after Spygate.

It gets old because week after week he sounds like he feels honored that the players would even talk to him. Does he have good contacts? You bet. But I would imagine that's because people know whatever line they feed him will be reported as stone cold fact. Which I imagine was his line of thinking with Spygate all along "If I report all this stuff everyone around the league is saying about Belichick, he'll come and give ME the exclusive about his side of it...I mean for the love of God, I'm Monday Morning Quarterback author Peter King!!" Just Belichick never did, and hence Peter is still butthurt.
in my opinion, a spot-on analysis of King and his failed relationship with BB. He clearly over-blew Spygate as a form of punishing BB for what he (King) perceived as Bill unfairly shutting him off.

...Does he have good contacts? You bet. But I would imagine that's because people know whatever line they feed him will be reported as stone cold fact..

They also give him all the access he wants because they know he has a vote on some of the most important matters in the sport, from awards to HOF selection, where he is one of only 44 votes; the entire system is corrupt. I'm not saying that Peter King himself is personally corrupt, but he is an active participant in and enabler of a thoroughly corrupt system...and earns a very nice living off of it.

Last edited:
Fine Fifteen

1. New England (9-3). What a schedule over the next two months, of games scheduled and not (yet) scheduled. Tick ... tick ... tick.

2. Houston (11-1). Just seven days until Texans-Pats, Monday-nighter, Foxboro.

3. San Francisco (8-3-1). Just 13 days until Niners-Pats, Sunday-nighter, Foxboro.

4. Denver (9-3). Just 48 days until Broncos-Pats, AFC Championship Game, Foxboro.

5. Atlanta (11-1). Just 62 days until Falcons-Pats, Super Bowl XLVII, New Orleans.

(OK! I hear you! Time to stop the stupid Patriots schtick!)

Read More: Romeo Crennel, Brady Quinn discuss Chiefs' win after Jovan Belcher's murder-suicide - Peter King - SI.com
That is in the middle of 3 pages griping about airports and coffee.

:confused:

he's got you writing about him- i'd say for an opinion writer that's a home run. why hate on someone who writes something you don't agree with? read it, don't read it, whatever-the man has a right to make a living and if someone is paying him for it, who are you to disagree?

I can talk about him until I'm blue in the face, he won't get dollar 1 from me if I don't read him. Yes, I'm including SNF and stuff. If he loses his SI job because people don't read him, how long will NBC carry him?

I hate Peter King because he's a horrible writer, and an obnoxious, self-centered prick. Does any of that change because he thinks the Patriots are the best team in football? He's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3