SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

SOURCE:Boston Sports Journal

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

TNF Thread: Jete vs Ratbirds

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by TommyBrady12, Dec 12, 2019.

1. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +6,355
    I haven't watched too many games, but Lamar seems to be able to not take the direct hits often. He's not quite Russel Wilson good at it (yet), but he's good enough to not make it a huge issue game to game. But, he was on the injury report (even if minor) and you are right it could be a cumulative effect.

Be interesting to see what happens if we play him again. I would say advantage Baltimore (right now), but BB isn't the best for no reason at all and he pretty much has more answers than Brady.

2. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,319
    Hand them the Lombardi now. It's over folks.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +20,395
    I think if the Jets were a competent team they could have beaten the Ravens last night. They were moving the ball well on them and kept shooting themselves in the foot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10,941
    Any link for the bolded statement?

5. juny

juny Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2,939
    Switching OCs made a huge difference. Roman is so much better

6. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +79,439
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +35,852
    Here is what you don't understand about Brady's comment re. "I feel like I have most answers to the test when facing defenses": he was speaking to what 20 years of experience/work habits have taught him, that the is confident he won't be surprised in most instances and will know where to go with the ball. And he's right about that. That DOES NOT mean he thinks execution will be perfect every time or that he's incapable of making an occasional physical mistake. Of course, much also depends on his supporting cast in a precision passing offense predicated upon sight adjustments synchronized between QB and receiver. Your attempt to compare Lamar Jackson and Brady is apples-to-oranges irrelevant -- different styles, different offenses, different supporting casts..

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  8. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +10,941
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +15,660
    Should we cut brady and play stidham ? or throw in the towel. ? Trade for baker mayfield ? or Sam Darnold ?
    Your arguments over a presser comment about his experience are absurd and funny. Fans like you think if we put in a stud QB we score 35. You think Lamar with the current pats oline and running game scores 35 pts every game ?
    You want the pats to score on every drive and not have the other team score. Anything beyond that , they suck or someone else is better. With that kinda standard, patriots havent met your expectations in 20 yrs and never will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. FCB02062

FCB02062 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +5,809
    No, I simply think a QB of Brady's acumen should be able to mount 2-3 touchdown drives a game and the offense shouldn't have to rely on the defense getting them the ball at the opponent 40 yard line.
    In today's NFL, where the rules are ridiculously in favor of offense and scoring, I honestly am saddened that Brady is, likely, going "out" with one of the worst offenses in the league, especially vs "good" teams.
    Outside of the Houston garbage time drives vs prevent, Brady's touchdown drives in which he has to cross the 50 can be counted on one hand and perhaps a finger on the other hand over the last 4 or 5 games.
    Something happened after the first quarter vs the Jets in September. Brady's first 3 drives - TD, TD, TD and the offense was spectacular. What the F happened? Did the Jets have a "blueprint"? There was no Antonio Brown that game, Newhouse started,they couldn't run the ball, yet they STILL managed 3 TD drives in a row ...and ever since that first quarter in September ended, the Patriots offense has gone south bigly. The question is what the F happened and how do they fix it or "can" it be fixed. People forget Brady was a top MVP candidate after game 3 - his stats were amazing..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +15,660
    What happened ? He is getting pummeled behind the line. Edelman is playing with one shoulder. Sanu is playing with an injured ankle and the guys are running lazy routes . (dorsett, meyers) or dropping the ball. And now they are playing with their 3rd center with mason and cannon not playing great. This whole theory about a QB "should be able to mount 2-3 touchdown drives a game" is not in isolation. Everyone else has to be better including josh. How many times they have mounted drives to have stalled in the RZ. ? And the pressure, brady is in the top 10 QBs in the league who has pressure on him in less than 2 secs. Combine that with WRs who cant run quick hot routes to hit them, you have the result. Constantly b****ing about his quote or him missing OTA's(thats your other favorite topic of complaint btw ) doesnt talk about the facts. You just want this fixed but offer no solutions except - brady sucks , it's all on him since he knows the answers, rest of the team be damned.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12,614
    I think if Pittsburgh- assuming they make it and I think they will- can win in KC and they are good at that... a Raven-Pit AFC Divisional playoff would be a problem for the Ravens. I don’t think they want to see them in January.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. PScottman

PScottman 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1,969
    I don't - I live in Annapolis and it was a sound bite on the local radio show as they were talking about the Ravens being second best in sacks against and the analyst was talking about how that wasn't an accurate stat for this team in regards to Jackson's play style. They had added up sacks, plus qb hits, plus number of times tackled to get the number.

It makes sense though as he would carry the stat line of both a QB and a running back. Where there could be argument is do they count a defender running him out of bounds or touching him after a slide as a tackle (I don't know)?

14. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +10,941
    Yea I knew it didn't sound right but this confirms it more. Nothing against you but its just not true.

15. supafly

supafly Busy starting a new Brady thread PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +24,671
    I think you’d be right about providing a tough, divisional postseason game, but it’s hard to picture Devlin Hodges leading Pittsburgh past KC at Arrowhead stadium.

16. PScottman

Ratings:
    +1,969
    What is just not true? That he takes more hits than a pocket QB?

It's not "my" stat, but I'm unclear why you would defend an assertion that in terms of risk a QB that acts as both his traditional role and a running back role would absorb some higher degree of physical contact than a QB who only acts in one of those roles?

It's not an outrageous postulate nor easily provable as "wrong" (or right either it's just some conglomeration of different statistics not normally examined). The additional context was this radio guy was worried about injury because no one else can run that offense the way Jackson can and does.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  17. BaconGrundleCandy

Ratings:
    +10,941
    So many words ...

You said he's taken more hits than any other player this year. That's simply not true. That's all I'm saying. Too much opinion not backed up by facts around here.

18. PScottman

Ratings:
    +1,969

You are correct - the word "player" should have been "quarterback".