PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans @ Ravens thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great game. I wonder if the Patriots would have beaten the Ravens.
I dunno. At the end of they year we just weren't playing well and the Tits were kicking ass.

In their last 12 games the Tits are 9-3

If KC goes down today I'll be perfect.

I don't hate the Chiefs but I don't like them either.

They were a Dee Ford offside from going to the SB and probably winning. I wouldn’t mind if they won. Better them than the Titans or Ratbirds.

Not sure I like any of the remaining teams, actually.

I dunno. At the end of they year we just weren't playing well and the Tits were kicking ass.

In their last 12 games the Tits are 9-3

It's a bad sports cliche, but the playoffs are all about momentum, remember the 2008 Cardinals?

I love the morning after a Patriots win and I can now add to the list the morning after the 14-2 Ravens lose their first playoff game in laughable fashion.

What a great morning. Watching Sportscenter, drinking my coffee, watching highlights of Derrick Henry trucking the Ravens ( and a TD pass!). If we couldn’t be there, this is next best

They were a Dee Ford offside from going to the SB and probably winning. I wouldn’t mind if they won. Better them than the Titans or Ratbirds.

I'm ok w Reid and Mahomes. Kelse offsets it. I despise him.

There is none, obviously. This Bacon guy also insinuated me calling Jackson's tackle tonight "dirty garbage" was racist. o_O

I've read five posts from him in here and in four of them he's telling others they don't know anything about football. Cool guy.

Bacon is a very offensive name.

If we can’t be in it, I’m sure glad the rat birds won’t be in it either!!!

What a great morning. Watching Sportscenter, drinking my coffee, watching highlights of Derrick Henry trucking the Ravens ( and a TD pass!). If we couldn’t be there, this is next best

It's a bad sports cliche, but the playoffs are all about momentum, remember the 2008 Cardinals?

I love the morning after a Patriots win and I can now add to the list the morning after the 14-2 Ravens lose their first playoff game in laughable fashion.
If you had told me that LJ would personally have 508 yards of offense and the Ratbirds only score 12 points I'd say you were crazy.

3 turnovers and 0-4 on 4th down were the death blows

What a beautiful morning. The sun is shining,a sip of coffee,a smile on my face...Ravens out...a asmile on my face, sip of coffee,the sun is shining.
Sleepless night but who cares. To see this Ravens' failures - priceless!

3lw3yp.jpg

Thats not true

Brady knew it was a dead play and thats the reason for the half hearted throw. Also, Justin Houston's helmet was in the neutral zone too. Ford was looking at Houston when he lined up and was way in. The NFL rules state that within 2 minutes there is no warning for that infraction. A penalty must be called. So, Reid whining that he did not get a fair break is a load of horse 5hit.

I loved that game last night. With a former patriot as coach on the sidelines for Tennessee I can't help but conjure thoughts of 2001 patriots. Underdogs, not intimidated, and use of a smash-mouth big running back (Antowain Smith) to pound the other team into submission and run out the clock in the second half.

(I'm not insinuating that Antowain Smith was the player that Derek Henry is)

The offensive evolution is coming full circle....these defenses designed to get after the qb and defend against the pass can’t defend against smashmouth

Thats not true

Brady knew it was a dead play and thats the reason for the half hearted throw. Also, Justin Houston's helmet was in the neutral zone too. Ford was looking at Houston when he lined up and was way in. The NFL rules state that within 2 minutes there is no warning for that infraction. A penalty must be called. So, Reid whining that he did not get a fair break is a load of horse 5hit.

Watch the play again. It wasn’t a dead play because Ford lined up in the neutral zone. He didn’t jump offside. Brady threw a catchable ball to Gronk and it deflected off him for a pick.

I’m not disputing the referee’s call either. It was the right call. I’m saying the Pats lose if Ford doesn’t line up in the neutral zone.

Watch the play again. It wasn’t a dead play because Ford lined up in the neutral zone. He didn’t jump offside. Brady threw a catchable ball to Gronk and it deflected off him for a pick.

I’m not disputing the referee’s call either. It was the right call. I’m saying the Pats lose if Ford doesn’t line up in the neutral zone.
Ya that's how I saw it also. I'm so tired of hearing KC fans and news people saying they were an offside away from winning. Was it the series after or before that Jackson got flagged for a very ticky tack hold within the 5 yards that wiped away a fumble?

The replies to this tweet are great reading material while having your morning cup of coffee

"punk' is in the eye of the beholder" We all hate the ravens with intensity...so if their QB acts out a bit and losses his temper we call him a punk.

But you know Gronk and Brady and Seymour have occasionally acted the fool. Lots of "fans" from other teams call them punks and worse.

I get it you are talking about them from a football sense. But labelling him a punk because of one sideline misdemeanor...seems over the top.Revisit when he has been an a-hole over several years, multiple press conferences, got into fights etc.

examples TO, Prime Time, Narcissistic Ray L, John the ego Gruden, Aaron Hernandez. These guys have really earned their "punk labels" but give LJ a break...its been once in a super tough loss that he thought they were a shoe in.

So, no, its not PC. Just saying raise the bar a bit before you label every one a punk for one loss of temper in a highly emotional game.

I didn't talk about anyone. I understand if Bills fans want to call out Gronk, since what Gronk did was a ***** move from their perspective. I just talked about the P.C. nonsense about the words.

Odd game in that the Ravens were consistently moving the ball but kept coming up short. Extremely happy that the Titans won but am not fully buying the narrative that they shut down the Ravens or had some sort of magical formula. The ball bounced in their favor a couple times (LJ fumble, tipped int) and they made those two huge 4th and 1 stops. Reminded me a little of the Patriots loss to the Ravens in 2012 when a few key drops and the Ridley fumble did them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back