Who wins?

• Patriots

Votes: 81 60.9%
  • Titans

Votes: 52 39.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats getting 3 for being home team...1.5 points for better team.......That's a razor thin margin to win this........If it wasn't for being a homer I would probably take the Titans...... :eek:
but... we are the home team. the 3 points for being home aren't imaginary. there's a reason we get that

Just really stinks thinking they could be kicking back relaxin right now, instead they have to be studying up on the Titans and hoping to just be alive at the end of the weekend.

My heart says Pats, but reality tells me if they couldn't get for the Dolphins game at home, I have a feeling they're content in their mediocrity and will succumb to Derrick Henry's smashmouth football.

I, like everyone else, was pretty giddy after the buffalo game. Brady played his best game since week one, the offense looked ok for long stretches, they strung together first downs....but then Tom E Curran burst the bubble.
Curran noted, while Brady played well, it was a definite outlier. The quarterback had been nothing more than average at best over the last 7 or 8 games....Curran dashes my hopes of Brady "flicking" the switch, as alas, the quarterback returned to his subpar play and his team suffered it's worse regular season home defeat in ages.
Tennessee is not a great team, but you need good, mistake free quarterback play to win in the playoffs...
For that reason I think Tennessee wins a demoralizing game for the Patriots...Ten 30 NE 20

I, like everyone else, was pretty giddy after the buffalo game. Brady played his best game since week one, the offense looked ok for long stretches, they strung together first downs....but then Tom E Curran burst the bubble.
Curran noted, while Brady played well, it was a definite outlier. The quarterback had been nothing more than average at best over the last 7 or 8 games....Curran dashes my hopes of Brady "flicking" the switch, as alas, the quarterback returned to his subpar play and his team suffered it's worse regular season home defeat in ages.
Tennessee is not a great team, but you need good, mistake free quarterback play to win in the playoffs...
For that reason I think Tennessee wins a demoralizing game for the Patriots...Ten 30 NE 20
So is that you picking or curran ?

I'm surprised it's not higher.

Look, I live in the Nashville viewing area so I see a lot of them. The Titans have a nice little team, I like a lot of their players. But they're not THAT good. They lost a bunch of games they should have won because they shoot themselves in the foot all the time. They play up to good teams and down to bad teams. That kind of inconsistency doesn't get you too far in the playoffs, especially not against an experienced team and a coach like Belichick. Pats will win this game, I have no doubt about that. It will probably be an extremely ugly win, but they'll win.
Dude the Titans have more wins(9) than field goals made(8), their kicking game is below 50% absolutely atrocious. They probably have more wins if they had a half decent kicker.

Way too much stock in Curran's take

We all know that Belichick will do whatever he can to take away the opponents best player and Derrick Henry is by far the best player on the Titans - Belichick will stack the box to try and slow this animal down and hope that the secondary can do something they didn't do on sunday,thats cover their man one on one and hope to limit big plays - that will decide this game,While Henry is a pure beast I don't think he will be the top factor in a win or a loss - it will be AJ Brown's performance or maybe a dangerous Corey Davis that will decide this game

I’ve seen enough from the Patriots offense for the last month to make me feel like they really could still break through. I know, it’s been 16 games and this sounds super homerish...I get it. But here’s what I see from the glass half full perspective:

• Harry is a legitimate threat (a month ago was completely written off). They know how to use him, which is to get him the ball on simpler concepts and let him use his athleticism.
  • Meyers is a real wild card and could make a big difference, but it’s not like he’s the make-or-break player.
  • The running game and pass protection have both vastly improved with Wynn’s return and just overall better blocking due to Scar.
  • Maybe it’s time for Tom to ditch whatever homeopathic, ineffective snake oil he’s rubbing on the elbow. Put a brace on it, cortisone shot, whatever. It’s only 3 hours and now it’s the postseason. Destroy your body over 20 years only to refuse to use every advantage at this juncture? That’s really my biggest hope, that he uses the same legal remedies that other players would and isn’t going to throw away a season due to Alex Guerrero’s sacred teachings.
  • Edelman will likely be doing whatever is necessary for playoff football, when it comes to having his body ready. I feel dirty typing this, like I’m sending a soldier to die, but the guy is such a warrior.
  • Folk has been surprisingly very reliable.
  • Burkhead is rounding into form at just the right time. They must have listened to this forum because they are using the pony formation now with White and Burkhead (and sometimes Roberts.). That formation and using Harry on runs are about the only deception/versatility options they have.
  • Elandon Roberts gives at fullback who is at least competent.
  • HOPEFULLY they’ll cut Sanu’s targets way, way down. Nothing good ever happens when he’s targeted. This is their last chance to figure out what the fans can plainly see. Their Xs and Os and analytics may say one thing; practical application is clearly not aligned. Guy should be seeing 4-5 targets per game. If they’re going to target him 10 times, they’re going to lose. It’s that simple.
On defense, Jason McCourty’s return should make a huge difference. I think against Houston and Miami it was shown very early that (a) zero blitz wasn’t going to work, and (b) it wasn’t Gilmore’s day/matchup. Gilmore should have been put on WR2 (especially Fuller) and they double Hopkins/Parker. Seemed incredibly stubborn and the team just didn’t make what seemed like obvious adjustments. Note both teams coached by former BB assistants.

The pieces are all there. This team is capable of winning a championship, bye or no bye. The biggest issues this team has is capitalizing on the easier plays..they blow so many gift wrapped receptions, open targets, and defensively outthink themselves by being too aggressive/elaborate when it isn’t necessary.

On the contrary, if you call out a troll, and he reports you, your posts get removed regardless of language on the post and you get 86ed out of the thread. I just got booted out of 3 threads because a little weak troll reported me, lol.

Welcome to troll heaven.

Why doesn’t the little anal wart just put you on ignore? He is either a troll or the stupidest Patriots fan alive. I genuinely can’t tell which he is.

At 12:1 the Patriots Super Bowl odds are the easily the best value bet in years. The time to win money is when everyone is in a frenzied state of pessimism. I think the Pats handle the Titans and then you’ll have some very, very nervous and tight teams welcoming the “written off” Patriots into their stadium...and needing to beat the best defense in football.

We all know that Belichick will do whatever he can to take away the opponents best player and Derrick Henry is by far the best player on the Titans - Belichick will stack the box to try and slow this animal down and hope that the secondary can do something they didn't do on sunday,thats cover their man one on one and hope to limit big plays - that will decide this game,While Henry is a pure beast I don't think he will be the top factor in a win or a loss - it will be AJ Brown's performance or maybe a dangerous Corey Davis that will decide this game

Yeah I'm crying over spilt milk but A.J.
Brown should have been our pick. Harry better justify that First Round selection.

I’ve seen enough from the Patriots offense for the last month to make me feel like they really could still break through. I know, it’s been 16 games and this sounds super homerish...I get it. But here’s what I see from the glass half full perspective:

• Harry is a legitimate threat (a month ago was completely written off). They know how to use him, which is to get him the ball on simpler concepts and let him use his athleticism.
  • Meyers is a real wild card and could make a big difference, but it’s not like he’s the make-or-break player.
  • The running game and pass protection have both vastly improved with Wynn’s return and just overall better blocking due to Scar.
  • Maybe it’s time for Tom to ditch whatever homeopathic, ineffective snake oil he’s rubbing on the elbow. Put a brace on it, cortisone shot, whatever. It’s only 3 hours and now it’s the postseason. Destroy your body over 20 years only to refuse to use every advantage at this juncture? That’s really my biggest hope, that he uses the same legal remedies that other players would and isn’t going to throw away a season due to Alex Guerrero’s sacred teachings.
  • Edelman will likely be doing whatever is necessary for playoff football, when it comes to having his body ready. I feel dirty typing this, like I’m sending a soldier to die, but the guy is such a warrior.
  • Folk has been surprisingly very reliable.
  • Burkhead is rounding into form at just the right time. They must have listened to this forum because they are using the pony formation now with White and Burkhead (and sometimes Roberts.). That formation and using Harry on runs are about the only deception/versatility options they have.
  • Elandon Roberts gives at fullback who is at least competent.
  • HOPEFULLY they’ll cut Sanu’s targets way, way down. Nothing good ever happens when he’s targeted. This is their last chance to figure out what the fans can plainly see. Their Xs and Os and analytics may say one thing; practical application is clearly not aligned. Guy should be seeing 4-5 targets per game. If they’re going to target him 10 times, they’re going to lose. It’s that simple.
On defense, Jason McCourty’s return should make a huge difference. I think against Houston and Miami it was shown very early that (a) zero blitz wasn’t going to work, and (b) it wasn’t Gilmore’s day/matchup. Gilmore should have been put on WR2 (especially Fuller) and they double Hopkins/Parker. Seemed incredibly stubborn and the team just didn’t make what seemed like obvious adjustments. Note both teams coached by former BB assistants.

The pieces are all there. This team is capable of winning a championship, bye or no bye. The biggest issues this team has is capitalizing on the easier plays..they blow so many gift wrapped receptions, open targets, and defensively outthink themselves by being too aggressive/elaborate when it isn’t necessary.

The Pats have below average Talent on O that is very easy to Defend. Brady have made a career of throwing to Good/Great TE's he has Zero in 2019 and we wonder why he's struggling.:rolleyes: Gotta give a mulligan to the HOF HC/GM who constructed the 2019 O. :oops:

At 12:1 the Patriots Super Bowl odds are the easily the best value bet in years. The time to win money is when everyone is in a frenzied state of pessimism. I think the Pats handle the Titans and then you’ll have some very, very nervous and tight teams welcoming the “written off” Patriots into their stadium...and needing to beat the best defense in football.
We’ve seen this team struggle in so many different areas for such a long time that I can’t help but think they’re a one win team at best. I really thought that one win would come off of a bye and would put them in the AFCCG again, but now they’re up against the wall just trying to get to the divisional round, and that happens to be a rematch at Arrowhead stadium.

Anything’s possible with a healthy Brady and Edelman, but I’m worried about how much those guys have left at this point. While we all hope that it turns out more like 2006 (which gave them a shot at Indy), it just feels so much like 2005, 2009, and 2010.

Last edited:
Pats to win by a touchdown or less it will be a tight game.

I didn't think we would get there with all the hype for most of the year but we are getting to the point now where people are underplaying how good the defense on this team is. The wildcard is whether we will get a similarly efficient offense as we did against the Bills or if we get another appearance by the dud squad.

The Titans and KC are both winnable games if we play like we did against the Bills even if the latter is at Arrowhead. The Ravens game will have a much smaller margin for error but there are so many things that can go wrong for them in terms of turnovers or injuries until then that it makes no sense to worry about that.

Hell, lets see how they handle the pressure of expectations against the Bills/Texans in 2 weeks.

One game at a time.

Please Josh no Philly Special try against the Titans this time.

I suspect that neither the defense nor McDaniels have opened the playbook fully yet....didn't the Amoeba not show up until the Chargers playoff game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST