PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans fire old friend GM Jon Robinson

Hi, Jon regarding trading AJ Brown..............

Trading AJ Brown was pretty idiotic. You can't trade guys away like that after finding gems in the 2nd round.

I blame ownership though as they could've blocked that trade.

They chose to pay Ryan Tannehill and Derrick Henry over Brady and AJ Brown...he doesnt know what type of league hes in

Since 2019 the Titans have only won 2 more games total than us, not including the playoffs.

I'm surprised to see that considering generally they have been one of the better teams.

Not addressing their QB situation and trading Brown while having a Superbowl caliper roster should get you fired.

I often listen to PFT radio driving to work in the morning. A month or so ago Florio talked about a growing conflict between Robinson and Vrabel over the AJ Brown trade and other issues. I was hoping Tennessee would do something stupid and force Vrabel out. They fired Robinson instead.

He’s living the dream. Since he signed a five year extension just this past February, he gets paid through April of 2027.

More than a couple people deserve to be fired over passing on Brady. 49ers most of all.
Its still the overall focus on spending money on the running game over the passing game. Its backwards

The 2 biggest moves of recent years

Tannehill over Brady
Trading Brown

were killers that may have cost the team multiple championships. When that happens, someone's got to go, unless that someone is incredibly dug in (i.e. Andy Reid, BB, Mike Tomlin types of situations, and I know they are coaches, but they still make the point).

I'm growing tired of how fans view every transaction in a form of God mode where a team can get any player for some amount of money within the cap and the player has no agency over their own decisions. Consider that Brady chose Tampa Bay because they had a stacked, ready to go roster at every position other than QB. SF was close but it wasn't obvious until Brady's first year in TB that SF had such a loaded roster. The calculus for SF was also different than Tampa Bay because Jimmy G had recently gotten them to a Super Bowl whereas Jameis Winston was throwing a 1:1 ratio of TDs to INTs.

Sure AJ Brown is well on track for a career year in Philly but he's also getting a much higher utilization rate. That's a coaching issue in Tennessee that led to him being used poorly which led to a trade. Tennessee also got a 1st rounder for him. Brown is good but I imagine most teams would take a first rounder for him.

I don't know how much of this is directly tied to the AJ Brown trade anyway. I'd guess this is more about how their GM failed to plan for the massive turn over on their OL.

Last edited:
Even worse, AJ made comments recently how he really wanted to stay in TEN but the team cut off contact with him.

AJ Brown now has Robinson's scalp hanging off his belt.
Robinson is from the BB school. Don't pay big money for WRs.

I don't necessarily disagree with that philosophy but you need to make your QB position the best it can be.

Tanny ain't it. Christ.

Are you talking about Amari Cooper? He's not very good
Think hes referencing signing Elliot to a massive contract, along with Dak...Dak though is a very good quarterback, which Tannehill is not

Think hes referencing signing Elliot to a massive contract, along with Dak...Dak though is a very good quarterback, which Tannehill is not
I understand about Elliott but was wondering who they let go at WR

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back