PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans fire old friend GM Jon Robinson

Despite assembling a deep roster, I largely agree with Deus - those two moves were big calls and getting them wrong is going to hurt. With trust broken, a parting of ways was inevitable. And Vrabel was most likely going to win out due to his on field success. Good coaches are hard to come by.

Hope to see Jon back here at some point.

The timing of this firing is curious. you have to think that he was already hip deep in draft preparation.

I think the Pats have enough retreads, if they want to bring back the glory days, they know who to call.
The only thing I can think is that the college all star games are coming up and they may want the new guy(s) in place for some of that. Regardless it is very weird timing for a team very much in the playoff hunt.

The only thing I can think is that the college all star games are coming up and they may want the new guy(s) in place for some of that. Regardless it is very weird timing for a team very much in the playoff hunt.
If you are familiar with how Bud Adams ran the Oilers and Titans looks like Amy is a chip off the ole block

Yeah, but you can’t go with a guy like Tannehill over Brady, though. That said, the overall body of work is still impressive. I’d welcome him back.
Not really understanding the consensus of this thread. I’d bring him back in a heart beat. The A.J. Brown decision aside, he’s been a pretty good GM for the Tits, and BB needs all the help he can get in the Draft room.
I think he's been pretty good and knows what hes doing. This seems very reactionary after Brown bending them over. He's had some misses lately but this guy also sign or himself picked Jeffrey Simmons, AJ Brown, Harold Landry, Henry, Gronk, Edleman, Seabass, Chandler Jones and a lot of other really good - great players.

Most people have limits and simply can't do everything required of their job. Robinson seems more than capable of building a quality team but needs a stop sign when it comes to big FA moves. And that doesn't mean he's bad. Just needs a little help from others looking at things from another lens.

We definitely still need another voice or two in that room. That's for sure.

More than a couple people deserve to be fired over passing on Brady. 49ers most of all.
Hmm, I wonder who else passed on Brady. Hmm...

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back