PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans could be hammered by league

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
"NFL could soon make past punishment imposed on the Patriots seem like parking tickets"

Titans players caught practicing at local high school field. I expect loss of high draft picks, suspensions, and fines.

Tit*ns up to 11 infected players now:

I read the article. Once I saw

Some in league circles already think the league is inclined to punish teams for outbreaks, reasoning that the league’s protocols will prevent problems if followed and that, if problems happen, protocols must not have been followed.

I realized that we just might end up witnessing stupidity on an epic scale.

I'm curious as to how they thought they would of been able to hold the practice without anybody finding out.

I read the article. Once I saw

I realized that we just might end up witnessing stupidity on an epic scale.
Yeah, they continue to outdo themselves.

Worst part is Bills might get a free win

Yeah, they continue to outdo themselves.

To be fair to the NFL, even if they did this, they would be far from the only organization to go full ****** over this. No matter how often we hear screams of "Follow the science!", the reality is both that nobody actually follows the science (and nobody really could even if they wanted to be 100% compliant, because there are too many contrary claims of "best practices"), and the mainstream science changes often enough, and gets things wrong often enough, that following it isn't necessarily the smart thing to do.

But that's also a part of why it would be so stupid to actually do what the article mentions.

I said this in a previous thread. Mike Vrabel is the type who doesn't give a rats *** about covid protocols, so there's no surprise his players took it lightly. With BB, you see the guy wear two masks at press conferences lol.

Worst part is Bills might get a free win

That would taint their season with an asterisk. Would be just as unfair to them as it would be to us or anyone else.

If the players are practicing ON THEIR OWN without Coaches or Management telling them they HAVE to do so, then how is that on the Team?

The league's whole punishment schtick is f'in stupidity. Plain and simple. Furthermore, unless ALL the players who were at those practices come down with Covid, how can the league automatically assume that's where it came from? Hell, Covid doesn't magically appear out of thin air. It would have had to come from the family of one of the players or from someone on the TEAM who interacted with the players and then the players spread it amongst themselves. Which can happen by being in close proximity to one another at practice. And since NONE of the players wear masks during practice, the 6 ft rule doesn't mean jack..

That would taint their season with an asterisk. Would be just as unfair to them as it would be to us or anyone else.

If any team were to get a forfeit W, it'd be the Squealers. I'm also wondering how he got that authority, since IIRC the NFL's rules and bylaws explicitly deny him the ability to declare forfeits or reverse the results of games.

Last edited:
If the players are practicing ON THEIR OWN without Coaches or Management telling them they HAVE to do so, then how is that on the Team?

In this league, if the team's ballboys allegedly deflate footballs without being ordered by coaches or management it's severe punishment...

Assuming the season finishes, it's going to have the biggest asterisk I've ever seen.

The league is using this to screw the Pats in every way possible. Giving the Bills free wins, making them fly out to KC and ply on the same day with a backup QB. I’m sure they’ll force them to play against Denver with no practice.

This season will have a massive asterisk on it.

The league is using this to screw the Pats in every way possible. Giving the Bills free wins, making them fly out to KC and ply on the same day with a backup QB. I’m sure they’ll force them to play against Denver with no practice.

This season will have a massive asterisk on it.

Meh, I think it will somewhat even out over the season. The Pats will make the playoffs and go from there.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back