PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats fined $350K for Covid protocol violations based on Cam/Gilmore positives

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

LOL. Expensive dinner.

Next announcement is Ravens to be fined $1.99 for their outbreak...and an apology from 345 Park Avenue for that fine. :thumbsup:

Do we actually know what the violation was?

NFL getting soft. Letting us off light. Oh wait no one else gets fined for getting sick.

Saints were fined 500 K. Let's see if the Ravens or any other team gets fined .

LOL. Expensive dinner.

Next announcement is Ravens to be fined $1.99 for their outbreak...and an apology from 345 Park Avenue for that fine. :thumbsup:
To be fair, the NFL is fining teams other than the Patriots. That being said, I am very curious to see how they handle the issue with Baltimore.

Do we actually know what the violation was?

The league office statement was that the team did not follow NFL protocols in regards to covid-19, a series of long, rambling, detailed documents of do's and don'ts. If it was due to Newton and Gilmore going out for dinner, then the players should have been fined - not the team.

More on the rules here:

What , and no draft picks ?

The biggest irony in this is that the Pats actually forced the league to do the responsible thing and cancel a game.

This league is dumb. And the product is getting worse by the year...getting harder to make up for it.

Quite the season for the D Player of the Year

Gilmore manages a $5 mill raise after a stealth holdout
Proceeds to allow Metcalf to *****-slap him up and down the field
Costs the team an additional $350k because of a bro-date with the QB who likes to wear chiffon
Puts house on market
Sets up shop in in the trainers room

And that's only after 10 games

Imagine what's to come if and when NE is officially knocked out of playoff contention

The biggest irony in this is that the Pats actually forced the league to do the responsible thing and cancel a game.

This league is dumb. And the product is getting worse by the year...getting harder to make up for it.
Yep. I’m waiting for the day BB retires (Brady will be retired before then) then I’m through with this Mickey-Mouse league where playing defense will be illegal.

The league will always be dumb with Goodell as commissioner because he’s dumb.

The Patriots were fined the same amount as Tennessee. New England had 2 players test positive while the Titans had 13 players and 11 other team employees test positive. In the eyes of the NFL, the situations were the same. :rolleyes:

Absolutely ridiculous that the Patriots get fined the same amount as the Titans..

Yep. I’m waiting for the day BB retires (Brady will be retired before then) then I’m through with this Mickey-Mouse league where playing defense will be illegal.

Sadly, you won't be the only one. I may or may not join in that. I'm liking these young guys a lot, but time will tell. If it wasn't for me loving the Pats so damned much, I'd have given up on this stupid league long ago.

It’s just Kraft’s money so it doesn’t bother me all that much. Though I do find the exact fine kind of puzzling, considering full photo shoots with like 11 Titans freelancing practices due to their covid issues.

But hey, Kraft keeps snuggling up to Goofy Goodell despite his obvious disdain for the Patriots so Kraft kind of earns what he receives.

At least they didn’t take our first rounder in a draft where we’ll need it.

Covid shaming at the highest level. We’ll look back at this in years with a clown’s lens.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back