PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

League giving Pats “a break” by postponing game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Some within league circles have wondered aloud why the Patriots caught a break from the NFL, with the news that starting quarterback Cam Newton tested positive for COVID-19 resulting in a postponement of Sunday’s game against the Chiefs — a game in which the Pats were a seven-point underdog with Newton in lineup.

But it’s not about giving the Patriots more time to prepare with Brian Hoyer at quarterback, as if the league office would ever do the Patriots any favors. It’s about monitoring the Patriots (and also the Chiefs, given that practice-squad quarterback Jordan Ta’amu also tested positive) for additional positives that would constitute a Titans-style outbreak.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hilarious they’d actually think that. I really hope we win another Super Bowl soon. That will drive these haters crazy!

How on earth is this giving the Patriots an advantage ? They are still playing the game with a back up QB who really hasn't had any time with the team to practice since the facility is shut down ??? This is a complete disadvantage for the Patriots !!

Postponing one day is the worst case scenario.
I mean, just to play devil’s advocate, here are just a few scenarios that would be worse :

(1) BB gets infected and dies
(2) Cam doesn’t test positive and gets injured for the year on Sunday
(3) no one detects Cam & then 20 people in the organisation test positive
(4) a Tuesday « unwinnable » game leads to a loss on a short rest vs the « very winnable » Broncos
(5) Kraft, inconsolable, returns to visit his friends at the clinic

I mean, just to play devil’s advocate, here are just a few scenarios that would be worse :

(1) BB gets infected and dies
(2) Cam doesn’t test positive and gets injured for the year on Sunday
(3) no one detects Cam & then 20 people in the organisation test positive
(4) a Tuesday « unwinnable » game leads to a loss on a short rest vs the « very winnable » Broncos
(5) Kraft, inconsolable, returns to visit his friends at the clinic
Who would be stupid enough to allow #3 to become reality? Come on man, not testing?

Who would be stupid enough to allow #3 to become reality? Come on man, not testing?
I suspect you are being funny, yes ?

Hell no. The league NEEDS this game to be played because of 2 major reasons. A cake walk for the Chiefs in their quest for home field throughout AND a possibly that by weeks end, the Pats are 2-2 and the Bills are 4-0. This is a league wet dream and the only reason they are pushing this game to be played now. Its a win win for them.

so flying into kc the day of with no cam newton and it's the patriots with the advantage ? ok !
we lost brady, lost 3/4 of our starting linebackers and most of our oline depth to free agency, Scar retired, had 8 players covid opt out, have the hardest schedule we've ever faced in 20 years, are the only team to lose the starting qb to covid... and they ***** about us getting an advantage from a 1 day delay? we are in their heads, still... God i love this team....

Last edited:
"Some within league circles..." Name names or it's fake news Florio....

This helps the Chiefs more than anything. They get an extra day of rest following their game last monday than otherwise would have gotten.

I would prefer Hoyer having an extra day of preparation for next week's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes