PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

tired of hearing about Jameis Winston

Status
Not open for further replies.

KY Pats Fan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
As we all read the articles about the QB carousel this year, they inevitably end up somehow talking about the Bucs. So what that Winston threw for 5100 yards. That to me is not a big accomplishment given that your team had to throw the ball to somehow get back in a game where his INT's and fumbles have dug a Grand Canyon size pit to try and come out of.

5fc733abfd37cfd66521323740b63609.jpg

Interceptions inevitably increase passing yards.
How can any team throw $100M at a bum like this?

I am so tired of hearing about Jameis Winston that I'm going to start a thread about Jameis Winston!

Winston and Mariota, #1 and #2 in that draft are absolute garbage.

If I had to choose between the 2 though I'd pick Winston. I watched many Tennessee games and for me the case is closed on Mariota.

We need a thread about Winston threads.

Winston and Mariota, #1 and #2 in that draft are absolute garbage.

If I had to choose between the 2 though I'd pick Winston. I watched many Tennessee games and for me the case is closed on Mariota.

I don't disagree about Mariota but how is the case not closed on Jameis?

If you "know" that Winston's INT problem is reading defenses, the case is closed at this point.
If you "know" that Winston's INT problem is self-discipline about when to throw or not throw, that's still salvageable.

Reactions: Ian
If you "know" that Winston's INT problem is reading defenses, the case is closed at this point.
If you "know" that Winston's INT problem is self-discipline about when to throw or not throw, that's still salvageable.

If it's the second scenario, it's technically salvageable, but he's been around long enough without fixing his problem to introduce doubt about that salvageability.

He's not salvageable. My daughter went to FSU and we watched a couple of games live when we went to visit and I saw two full seasons of him on TV...he's terrible. Slow to react and gets the ball there late. He was bailed out by his defense on quite a few occasions and was probably one of the luckiest QBs where fluke things went his way...it was crazy. I haven't been surprised by his turnovers given how he played in college and I never understood why people were so impressed by him. Really hope he doesn't end up here...can't imagine having to deal with watching him here in New England. :eek:

Last edited:
He's not salvageable. My daughter went to FSU and we watched a couple of games live when we went to visit and I saw two full seasons of him...he's terrible. Slow to react and gets the ball there late. He was bailed out by his defense on quite a few occasions and was probably one of the luckiest QBs where fluke things went his way...it was crazy. I haven't been surprised by his turnovers given how he played in college and I never understood why people were so impressed by him. Really hope he doesn't end up here...can't imagine having to deal with watching him here in New England. :eek:

I just want to become his friend so I can get some free crab legs...

It is.

But as I said, if I had to choose between one of them, I think Winston likes football, I can't say the same about Mariota, the guy looks depressed on the field.

Who the hell is talking about Jameis Winston?

Even Max Kellerman has called JW a bust...

Buccaneers probably wish they did not get him! Though they do not say it out loud.

It is.

But as I said, if I had to choose between one of them, I think Winston likes football, I can't say the same about Mariota, the guy looks depressed on the field.

Well to be fair football games in which Winston play are a lot more exciting.

dumb Bucs probaby drafted him bc he’s their home state guy

He's not salvageable. My daughter went to FSU and we watched a couple of games live when we went to visit and I saw two full seasons of him on TV...he's terrible. Slow to react and gets the ball there late. He was bailed out by his defense on quite a few occasions and was probably one of the luckiest QBs where fluke things went his way...it was crazy. I haven't been surprised by his turnovers given how he played in college and I never understood why people were so impressed by him. Really hope he doesn't end up here...can't imagine having to deal with watching him here in New England. :eek:

What's remarkable here is that a person who is absolutely one of the best in the world at his profession is also a failure at it. What other field would that be true? Pro sports are just so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft