PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Hasselback :Peyton Manning still the greatest QB of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy played a whopping 12 games in the NFL and he supposedly knows greatness?

This is ESPN guys they are picking sports talent(HaHa) like Aperps defense is picking jurors.Do you like Tom Brady?No...welcome,Yes...Don't call us we'll call you.

"This is ESPN guys they are picking sports talent(HaHa) like Aperps defense is picking jurors.Do you like Tom Brady?No...welcome,Yes...Don't call us we'll call you."

Quit ragging on ESPN!!! You make it sound like they hired someone who used to play for the Ravens who some think was involved in a murder.

It's easy to try and protect your own pitiful career stats, by discounting the stats you don't have.

Just to point out the idiotic hypocrisy of these degenerate low lives, when Peyton had a chance to win a second Superbowl (lololol), they all said "If he does, he solidifies himself as the greatest."

Tom wins a 4th and "it's a team game."

What a bunch of ****ing losers.

Its no different than our pitiful society that attacks a franchise and its members personally when there may have been an allegation of underinflated balls but when other teams are caught red handed (blatantly cheating) its nothing.

Its human nature to hate a winner because the world is a jealous, insecure, shallow place full of lemmings who hate themselves.

These religious nuts like Hassleback hate Brady because he doesn't conform to their crazy ideals. Brady hooks up with hot actresses/models and isn't fake like those idiots.

These religious nuts like Hassleback hate Brady because he doesn't conform to their crazy ideals. Brady hooks up with hot actresses/models and isn't fake like those idiots.
They make a separate forum where you inject these ramblings about whatever beliefs you've apparently assigned to Brady and Hasselback. This isn't it, and has nothing to do with the topic or any post.

The moment Brady won his fourth almost everyone and every article started debating Brady vs Montana. The Brady Manning debate is over. Why would anyone want Mannings career over Brady and admit that? quarterbacks don't play to change the game. They play to win championships. The Brady/Montana debate will continue until Brady wins 5. Then most people will side with Brady and the people who don't like Brady will say you can't compare different era quarterbacks.

I'm having trouble remembering the era in time where Tim Hasselback was relevant.......

It isn't even about the rings, it's about the way they've played in the biggest games. It's not like Manning has lost two Super Bowls because he defense couldn't hold the lead (that would be Brady). So absurd how people make it sound like the plucky Peyton Manning did everything he could be the team let him down. Brady has answered the bell so many times in the postseason and Super Bowl it is hard to keep track of all of his heroic comebacks, last-minute drives, and overall clutch play. Likewise, it is hard to keep track of all of Manning's failures- not team failures, but Manning's personal failures- when he needed to step up in the playoffs and SB and either couldn't move the ball or threw a backbreaking INT.

Back in 2005-06, I really thought that eventually the "clutch" factor of Manning and Brady would even out over time, as it was a small sample size. Manning won his Super Bowl because his team dragged him (3 TD, 7 INT) to victory. I figured maybe he would now at least get over the hump. But after he "won" his Super Bowl, the clutch play has been even more one-sided towards Brady, it hasn't even been close. Brady has put the team in position to win three Super Bowls during that time; Manning has continued to gag and falter. In his two Super Bowls, two total choke jobs, albeit in different ways. On the second half of their careers alone, Brady extremely clutch, Manning extreme choker. Add the first and second halves of their careers together and the picture shows this isn't just an anomaly.

The teams the Broncos have fielded the past couple years for Peyton to lead have been pretty darn talented. If he can't go all the way with talent of that degree, then he just isn't on the same level as Brady. A big part of that is chemistry. I don't get the feeling that teammates rally around Peyton like they do around Brady. That's one of the biggest differences between the two, and it couldn't have been highlighted better than in the Showtime segment. The players have so much faith in Brady, and he proves himself as not only a talented play, but a talented leader of men.

Tim Hasselback's list of greatest QBs has been leaked:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Matt Hasselbeck
3. Tim Hasselbeck

If you only had one game to win, there's no way you'd put Peyton Manning out there. Obviously his play-off record sucks no matter how you splice it, but the most damning play-off stat is that Manning is 7-6 in the play-offs at home.

Think about that for a second. They get the home-field advantage because they were the superior team in the regular season. And they're barely above .500 playing lesser competition. Brady is 14-3 by comparison, and even if you throw out his sterling 8-0 before getting injured, at his worst with back-to-back one-and-dones, he is still 6-3 since coming back from injury when at home.

It's maybe not fair to expect Manning to win a game against a superior team at their place, but surely when at home with the better team, he should be better than a flip of the coin.

If Hasselback thinks Manning is the best QB in the game, he's admitting he hasn't watched any play-off games for the past 15 years.

The teams the Broncos have fielded the past couple years for Peyton to lead have been pretty darn talented. If he can't go all the way with talent of that degree, then he just isn't on the same level as Brady. A big part of that is chemistry. I don't get the feeling that teammates rally around Peyton like they do around Brady. That's one of the biggest differences between the two, and it couldn't have been highlighted better than in the Showtime segment. The players have so much faith in Brady, and he proves himself as not only a talented play, but a talented leader of men.
I loved the post Super Bowl interviews, where Revis repeatedly said, "it's up to the defense to make the stop and get the ball into Tom's hands.'

Tim Hasselbeck said:
“As somebody who played at the quarterback position in the NFL, at a time that both of those guys were playing, nobody’s changed the game more than Peyton Manning or changed the way that that position is played more than Peyton Manning.”

No Tim, Peyton Manning did not change the game or the way the quarterback position is played.

That would be Manning's GM, Bill Polian, and his cohorts on the (ironically named) competition committee.

udB6jRt.jpg

I loved the post Super Bowl interviews, where Revis repeatedly said, "it's up to the defense to make the stop and get the ball into Tom's hands.'

You couldn't get a better recommendation from a better player, than with Revis. He understands as good as anyone the level at which Brady resides. Game recognizing game. I'm dumbfounded that Brady has come this far. He's the best I've ever seen, and like I said before, its more than just talent.

OMAHA! OMAHA! *flaps arms* OMAHA! OMAHA! *does weird dance-like-an-egyptian-stance* OMAHA! OMAHA!

Holy ****, I'm the best poster in the history of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back