PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tight End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. BB definitely has a history of doing things like that, especially for guys he respects (or at least likes). Still, my money is on Jakob having a role to play this year. I guess we'll find out pretty soon either way.
BB would do that for a player but NOT for the league. @mgteich is way off base if he thinks BB is trying to promote a league program. He cares about the history of football way more than the NFL or any of its current programs.

Last edited:
mgteich said:
Doing a solid for the guy. He may be the only one in his program to play in an NFL game. Good PR is good PR, for the league, and for the patriots

I dunno luuked. Didn't he have Vinny Testaverde come in for a series at the end of his career?

What about the Flutie dropkick? Other than a SB win, I've never seen BB so animated on the sidelines as he was that moment.

BB sometimes does whimsical things when a game is in the bag. Especially if it is historically significant. The history of the NFL is very important to him. Putting the first Gateway player on the field (for just a kneel down) may have played in his mind.

As I wrote above, BB apparently cares about players and the history of the sport. He doesn’t give a **** about Goodell’s latest program.

BB would do that for a player but NOT for the league. @mgteich is way off base if he thinks BB is trying to promote a league program. He cares about the history of football way more than the NFL or any of its current programs.

I don't disagree, but it's still possible he would do it FOR Jakob. He liked him and how he approached camp so much he gave him a legit spot on the PS rather than the free one he could have used on him. That's a free roster maneuvering spot that I'm sure BB covets, but he forfeit that for the option to call Jakob up this year. Again, my opinion is Johnson has a role to play going forward, but I don't discount the thought that Belichick may have thrown the kid a bone because he likes his work ethic.

I don't disagree, but it's still possible he would do it FOR Jakob. He liked him and how he approached camp so much he gave him a legit spot on the PS rather than the free one he could have used on him. That's a free roster maneuvering spot that I'm sure BB covets, but he forfeit that for the option to call Jakob up this year. Again, my opinion is Johnson has a role to play going forward, but I don't discount the thought that Belichick may have thrown the kid a bone because he likes his work ethic.
Totally agree. BB would do this for Jakob. He’s a softie when it comes to some players and plays of historical significance.

But he would not do it to support a new NFL policy, as some (@mgteich loves to ignore me and I love that he does that) implied earlier. IMO BB loves football and loathes the current NFL.

Totally agree. BB would do this for Jakob. He’s a softie when it comes to some players and plays of historical significance.

But he would not do it to support a new NFL policy, as some (@mgteich loves to ignore me and I love that he does that) implied earlier. IMO BB loves football and loathes the current NFL.

Wasn't saying it was for a Goodell "policy".

He's into NFL history. Other than lacrosse and sailing, it's probably his favorite off the job hobby.

It's a far reach to make it about just about Goodell. It's more about NFL history and spreading the sport outside the US.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes