PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tight End - A Very High Draft Need

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to re-read this comment several times to make sure I read correctly what you wrote. This is one of the more ridiculous comments I've read in some time, and that takes into consideration the post Superbowl emotive hoopla.

Brady is such a poor passer he just broke Dan Marino's record for passing yardage and is second of all time behind Drew Brees.

You may want to re-assess your comment.

sarcasm.jpg

You know, screw WR's, they are all a bunch of whiny prima donnas. Why don't we get rid of all of them and go all TE's. Split them out wide and let opposing defenses try to deal with five Gronk monsters coming at them every play. Hell we could run a goal line defense and no one would know whether we are running or passing.

I'm only half kidding on this...;)

I've got a fever -- and the only prescription -- is more Tight End.
MoreCowbell.png

I dont see how having another TE like Gronk or Hernandez really works. He would have to play alot and gain experience to be ready should one of the other guys goes down.

Another TE like Gronk? Move Hern to WR. He already knows the system and proved he can flourish in it.
Drafting a WR? Didnt Pats kept drafting WRs who couldnt learn and play in the system? Why add to the list?

Sign Colston/Lloyd, resign Welker, keep Branch (cause he knows the system and proved he can play in it)

Colston/Lloyd - Welker - Gronk - Gronk - Hern Branch/Edelman/Underwood/Slater backups

I pity the fools who try to stop this offense.

You also have insurance if one of TE goes down, or one of WR goes down. Perfect.

6'1 245 people don't make very good WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes