PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Three Weeks Left Of The "Season"

to be honest? I don't care

he was an utter disappointment...
Lol what was your expectations of him? I always looked at him as a ST, depth player.. he wasn't expected to be Urlacher lol I'm fine with him in that role.. have to have depth on the roster..

Lol what was your expectations of him? I always looked at him as a ST, depth player.. he wasn't expected to be Urlacher lol I'm fine with him in that role.. have to have depth on the roster..
i wanted him to be a viable rotational linebacker... wasn't expecting much... didn't even get that

this is a guy who started his career in cleveland with 82 combined tackles... then he fell off a freakin cliff... he had a chance to restart his career here, but nope... something happened... not sure what... but if he goes, i won't miss him... i don't think i'd even notice

i wanted him to be a viable rotational linebacker... wasn't expecting much... didn't even get that

this is a guy who started his career in cleveland with 82 combined tackles... then he fell off a freakin cliff... he had a chance to restart his career here, but nope... something happened... not sure what... but if he goes, i won't miss him... i don't think i'd even notice
Yeah I get it, well you know BB always seems to see something in certain players that we as fans dont.. I'll bet he's back on a cheap camp deal.. it's one of those things if he is here could he useful ya.. probably special teams.. the guy I'm high on is McMillan.. ayed last season after the MCL. I'm expecting more from him this season.. but totally get what your saying...

What about Jack Jones? Haven't heard a peep. Is he back in the fold?

What about Jack Jones? Haven't heard a peep. Is he back in the fold?
He suffered a bone bruise, as it was reported. Supposedly he and BB had an exchange. Who knows if it's true or not..

However he projects to be one of the starting corners. I liked this kid in the preseason.. he doesn't make repeating errors, he's got excellent footwork, speed agility and definitely the attitude and the confidence needed to play CB at a high level.

Peppers was a former pro bowler, he had the knee injury, and had to work his way back.. he is one of the better strong safeties in the league.. as he played more and more he was active.
Peppers can play free safety, and can be our replacement for McCourty.

Peppers can play free safety, and can be our replacement for McCourty.
Like that idea, I think he'll definitely be in the mix of guys.. safety is one of our deepest groups if McCourty doesn't return i see the team having mills play there..

IMO Peppers is better suited to play SS. I think he prefers playing closer to the LOS and he’s stated he’s trying to play in a similar role to what Chung had. I also don’t think he is super fast.

IMO Peppers is better suited to play SS. I think he prefers playing closer to the LOS and he’s stated he’s trying to play in a similar role to what Chung had. I also don’t think he is super fast.
That was his role when he came into the league with the giants.. they guy can hit and that's what we need an intimidating presence for WRs and TEs over the middle

He suffered a bone bruise, as it was reported. Supposedly he and BB had an exchange. Who knows if it's true or not..

However he projects to be one of the starting corners.
I think he’s going to be CB1 for us for the next 3-4 years. IMO he played well there and will learn from his mistakes.

I think he’s going to be CB1 for us for the next 3-4 years. IMO he played well there and will learn from his mistakes.
He certainly projects to be that.. this kid has that it factor he doesn't play scared like say # 33 the draft bust Williams..

There have been plenty of players over the years that rebutt against coach in some form or fashion.. Injuries, contract ect.. Vince had some tense contract negotiations with BB he almost left the organization before Kraft stepped in... just mentioning some things on reports sometimes not really meaningful

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back