PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This loss is on Dave Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually believe he didn't know it was over.

If he didn't know it was over then the only explanation is that he's the deaf TE from The Replacements.

3 folks did them in.

BB on that stupid chalenge on the 12 players, and the play, the T/O on the 4th and inches (they actually got it from what I saw) I could not beleive he did not go for it.

Then Thomas then Jabbar.

3 plays gave the Colts the win:

Gaffney dropping the ball
Thomas getting the personal foul
BB calling that timeout on 4th down

If any of those don't happen, the Patriots probably win the game.

Agreed. I think BJGE had the first down before the personal foul as well. but given that the Pats had used their TOs, they could not challenge the play.

This loss is not Cassel's fault. It rests solely on Dave Thomas!
if i was Thomas i wouldn't show my face in foxboro for weeks. what a selfish jerk. how the hell do you pull such a stupid move in that situation?

Really lame call on Thomas IMO. Ahame to have a game decided on a marginal call where he was blocking and barely hit after the play which he couldn't see.

Should have kept the whistle in his pocket.

Plenty of little things like Gaff's miss, BB's poor game management and Richardson allowing his man to stand in the end zone in front of him for a catch. WTF was that? Where's the upside to playing behind a guy that's standing in the end zone? Also zero pressure from the OLBs again.

it is going to be a quiet flight home for thomas, followed by a lot of suicides this week. Gaffney dropped an easy one but that is unusual for him, expect a healthy dose of sprints and time with the juggs machine for him.

it is going to be a quiet flight home for thomas, followed by a lot of suicides this week. Gaffney dropped an easy one but that is unusual for him, expect a healthy dose of sprints and time with the juggs machine for him.

I don't have any problem forgiving physical errors such as Gaffney's drop. Drive ending dumb penalties on the the other hand.

I don't have any problem forgiving physical errors such as Gaffney's drop. Drive ending dumb penalties on the the other hand.

Gaffney's drop wasn't a physical error. It was a mental error every bit as egregious as Thomas' late hit.

You guys need to ease up on Thomas. If you saw the replay Thomas couldn't stop himself in time, and he hit Mathis right when the whistle blew. It was the mother of all ticky-tack calls and the worst penalty call of the year to go against the Patriots.

Gaffney's drop was bad but not a killer...more plays eat up more time and keep Goober off the field. We were still in a position to win that game despite Gaffney's drop. Horrible call by the official. That bad call cost us the game.

BB's timeout after the made 4th down was the second worse moment in the game, after the PF call on Thomas.

Main culprits:

1) Pass defense
2) BB's TO
3) The official who threw the flag on Thomas

Bob G

Did BB take a course in Mike Martz clock management recently? WTF?

This loss is not Cassel's fault. It rests solely on Dave Thomas!

This loss is on YOU!

Way to go Gost.

(Adam who?)

Such bad karma going into the Colts game!

The difference of the game was a friggin WHO field goal! :(

lol but yea the Gaffney drop and David Thomas penalty were just bad. I was screaming "Thanks for losing us the game you idiot!" after the penalty. Then again we don't know that the Colts wouldn't have scored again had we gotten more points.

I can live with the Gaffney drop, as awful as it was. That stuff happens. What's hard to swallow is that bonehead Thomas with such a stupid penalty in a critical moment of the game. Belichick should've pulled a Singletary and sent his ass to the locker room.

The game plan was brilliantly successful. McDaniels didn't drop the sure touchdown pass.

The Pats had 342 yards and could have had at least 7 more points (possibly 10) if it wasn't for player mistakes. The Colts couldn't get the Pats off the field. How was the gameplan bad? Yes, there were a handful of bad calls, but the offensive gameplan overall was excellent.
You are both right, my wording was faulty. The gameplan was good, but we left some points on the board due to both poor execution and bizarre play calls in key situations.

I can live with the Gaffney drop, as awful as it was. That stuff happens. What's hard to swallow is that bonehead Thomas with such a stupid penalty in a critical moment of the game. Belichick should've pulled a Singletary and sent his ass to the locker room.

I was talking to my brother after the game. We both agreed that the call sucked, but it was a very near thing. It wasn't that much of a time lag between the whistle and the hit.

I hate to use a baseball metaphor, but it was like a check swing that got called for a strike by one umpire when another would call it a ball.

You are both right, my wording was faulty. The gameplan was good, but we left some points on the board due to both poor execution and bizarre play calls in key situations.

"bizarre play calls in key situations"

IMO this line does explain tonights game.

that's what makes this loss so frustrating
don't forget:
the decision to go for 2 IN THE THIRD QUARTER (such a pet-peeve of mine)
the decision to challenge the too many men on the field

that's what makes this loss so frustrating
don't forget:
the decision to go for 2 IN THE THIRD QUARTER (such a pet-peeve of mine)
the decision to challenge the too many men on the field

I was SHOCKED when they went for 2 there. It seemed so anti-Belichickian.

I'm not sure I see a reason NOT to take Dave Thomas at his word. He said he didn't hear the whistle. If he did hear the whistle and kept it up that's one thing, but its not an implausible explanation.

Beyond that, as many have said, there were other plays that could have made a difference in the game as well. Thomas gets a pass from me. Neither team struck me as a team that "deserved" to win.

This says it all. It's simple 3 mistakes lost this game neither had an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes