PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This just digs salt in the wound

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
“We gotta hit these guys in the mouth,” Poyer told teammates (via a video posted on Buffalo’s team website). “You see how ****y these guys are. Man (expletive) them, man. I’m tired of these (expletive). It’s an end of an era for them tonight. An end of an (expletive) era. Let’s go.”

Poyer was just being a competitor here but they definitely backed it up.

Bills’ Jordan Poyer fired up teammates for Patriots game by telling them it was ‘the end of an era,’ calling New England players ‘****y’ - masslive.com

they've been talking about the end of an era for 3 years. They talked about that in 2019.
It's well past the end of an era - that ended when Brady left. Now we're building a new era. I can't wait for Pats to beat the Bills next year.
They will be Pats motivation all offseason and camp.

“We gotta hit these guys in the mouth,” Poyer told teammates (via a video posted on Buffalo’s team website). “You see how ****y these guys are. Man (expletive) them, man. I’m tired of these (expletive). It’s an end of an era for them tonight. An end of an (expletive) era. Let’s go.”

Bills’ Jordan Poyer fired up teammates for Patriots game by telling them it was ‘the end of an era,’ calling New England players ‘****y’ - masslive.com
Was AB taping that? lol

Meh. Nothing that you don't hear in any pregame locker room speech from any team including ours.

Football is an emotional game. I wish the patriots had someone on their team who would have tried to fire up his teammates like that. Pats looked like they were sleepwalking the whole game. Poyer is a hell of a player as is Micah Hyde.

He is right about one thing. It is the end of an era.

Football is an emotional game. I wish the patriots had someone on their team who would have tried to fire up his teammates like that. Pats looked like they were sleepwalking the whole game. Poyer is a hell of a player as is Micah Hyde.

He is right about one thing. It is the end of an era.
That’s what Brady used to do. Remember during super bowl 51 he was pacing the sidelines telling the offense they better play tougher, smarter and faster. Mac can’t really do that as a rookie. You have to earn that respect

When playing a team that you will have to face again I feel that it is better to lose big than lose a tight game when it comes to building up motivation for the next time. Let the Bill's enjoy their moment, the first game next year will be the Pat's chance to get their revenge.

My response is..., you can talk sht after you win a SB or Two, until then STFU

Last edited:
Because we need expletives censored on a website with adult men and women, I had trouble following what he was saying. Was he calling the Patriots “pus$y,” or was it something else?

This is the type of stuff you have to put up with until you make them stop. Nothing new.

woo hooo they won wild card weekend... watch em fold like a cheap suit in KC now

This will be an interesting matchup. Would love to see both teams lose.

Because we need expletives censored on a website with adult men and women, I had trouble following what he was saying. Was he calling the Patriots “pus$y,” or was it something else?

I count four asterisks so that's highly likely.

*****y would be five. I can't think of any other thing that ends with a y. Unless you count ****y.

Have a strange feeling it's gonna be a Bengals vs 49ers final and burrow winning it.

they've been talking about the end of an era for 3 years. They talked about that in 2019.
It's well past the end of an era - that ended when Brady left. Now we're building a new era. I can't wait for Pats to beat the Bills next year.

I think their play down the stretch will motivate them more than anything else this off-season.

woo hooo they won wild card weekend... watch em fold like a cheap suit in KC now

I think that’s going to be the game off the weekend.

Have a strange feeling it's gonna be a Bengals vs 49ers final and burrow winning it.

I think it will be Chef’s vs. Packers.

dig salt in the wound.....first time I've ever run across THAT specific saying...RUB salt in the wound, OK..I understand that but DIG? You're gonna take a shovel and DIG into a wound? Wha??????????

Nice of them to extend the Dynasty even after it is gone. I’ll laugh even harder if they are still talking about 3 years from now. They have suffered severe trauma.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back