PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is the son of the New York Jets SECURITY director. The guy who tipped off the NFL about buggin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
From the son of New York Jets security director, Robert Mastroddi, the man who tried to "report" the Patriots last week to the League.

Jets instigated sideline interrogation of three Kraft Sports employees

“Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi made an inquiry with NFL Security regarding the presence of two individuals wearing headsets and Patriots attire, who were positioned outside of the bench area on the Patriots sideline,” the email states. “Mastroddi requested to know who they were, and expressed concern given their proximity to the Patriots bench.

PFT has obtained a copy of an email message detailing the incident that happened during the third quarter of the game.

“Jets Security Director Robert Mastroddi made an inquiry with NFL Security regarding the presence of two individuals wearing headsets and Patriots attire, who were positioned outside of the bench area on the Patriots sideline,” the email states. “Mastroddi requested to know who they were, and expressed concern given their proximity to the Patriots bench.”

Lenny Bandy and **** Farley of NFL Security thereafter investigated the situation, questioning three employees of Kraft Sports, whose responsibilities include in-stadium entertainment, such as the music and other sound coming through speakers in the stadium. (Kraft Sports is owned by Robert Kraft, who also owns the Patriots.)

One of the employees also is responsible for keeping fresh batteries in the referee’s in-stadium microphone. But Mastroddi didn’t initially accept the explanation that a team employee would be responsible for ensuring the performance of the referee’s microphone; Mastroddi said “people responsible for maintaining the referee’s microphone should be League contractors and not Kraft Sports employees wearing Patriots gear.” In response to Mastroddi’s concerns, Bandy called 345 Park Avenue and spoke with Jay Reid of the officiating department, who confirmed that the referee’s in-stadium microphone is handled by the teams, not by the league.

Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald first reported the existence of the sideline inquiry.

The email obtained by PFT points out that a reporter from Sports Illustrated had approached Mastroddi after the game, because the reporter noticed that Mastroddi had been “very active” with NFL Security on the sideline. Mastroddi said he declined comment on or off the record, but that he informed Jets executives about his concerns and the ensuing investigation.

Asked Friday by reporters about the “alleged locker room sweep” on Sunday, Jets coach Todd Bowles said, “I know nothing about it.”

It’s unclear whether Bowles knows about the separate investigation; he wasn’t asked that specific question. But it’s hard to imagine that Bowles didn’t know or hadn’t since heard about it.

Asked whether he’s suspicious of the Patriots, Bowles said, “No, we just go up there to play football.”

The team’s head of security was doing more than playing football on Sunday. Whatever his game was, Mastroddi struck out swinging. The league ultimately found that “there is nothing to indicate that the conduct or actions of the aforementioned individuals [on Sunday] were inappropriate,” and the league closed the matter on Monday.

CSquv77U8AAwa2X.jpg

CSqu6skW4AIKBNt.jpg

Last edited:
Tough guy; looks like he blocked non-followers on his account.

*Edit: Yes, I know: "Said the anonymous message board poster." But I've never written anything on here that I wouldn't say in public. And I never wished anything worse than a devastating, soul crushing defeat on anybody.

Do you think he did that before or after he wet his pants?
No way! Don't you know Jersey and NY guys are the toughest, meanest around? If you're not sure, just ask them. I went to college with loads of them. Most were wussies.

An Internet thug. It must suck for bowles to put up with this d.ck of an owner

I'm sure this is going to be all over ESPN tomorrow. :eek:

Breaking News: Jets fan attacked on Twitter by viral Patriot fans.

Last edited:
I love the fact that Pats fans are making accusers and liars more accountable. At some point, their doggedness will uncover proof of something truly sinister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back