PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

They have to do something about the Pro Bowl

They should have the voting and selection because players' contracts often depend on it.

They should not have the game.
As soon as a career threatening injury happens in a pro bowl the nfl will determine the Pro Bowl to be too risky and stop playing it.
That the NFL, ignore things until someone complains then go overboard in the other direction

As soon as a career threatening injury happens in a pro bowl the nfl will determine the Pro Bowl to be too risky and stop playing it.
The way they play it now is only about two-thirds speed anyway so any serious injuries will be a freak occurrance, but that in itself underscores the fact it shouldn't be played. The NFL needs to ponder the purpose of an all-star football game in which star players don't play to their full capabilities. The stupid game should be canceled and replaced with an awards event including clips of the players' individual season highlights.

Last edited:
Make an all rookie pro bowl contest.

Sucks because if it was a real actual football game with real rules and effort and actual pro bowlers it'd probably be a badass game

That the NFL, ignore things until someone complains then go overboard in the other direction

Robert Edwards???

I agree it is about the only thing that the NFL has not figured it out.. and despite trying to make things different or tweaking what they have, it has been a miserable failure.. .

Robert Edwards???

I agree it is about the only thing that the NFL has not figured it out.. and despite trying to make things different or tweaking what they have, it has been a miserable failure.. .
Edwards didn’t get injured in the pro bowl

There is a lot the nfl hasnt figured out or has screwed up in the way they “figured it out”

Sucks because if it was a real actual football game with real rules and effort and actual pro bowlers it'd probably be a badass game
It was back in the '70s when they played for pride vs. just showing up and focusing on not getting injured.

I wish they would just do the skills stuff. The fastest man race, bench press, passing drills for the QB’s. That stuff is fun and they at least get bragging rights. The game itself is a waste of time.

You don't want to play in it because you want to go to the Superbowl, lol.
So dumb to have it with some of the best players being absent.

Put it back to after the Superbowl. I'll watch it then.

Back in Hawaii too.

More of a season ending party than Goodell trying to bleed every nickel out of NFL.

I'd like to see a 7 on 7 game plus skill challenges, races, and strength competitions. That would be fun to watch and much safer.

Tyler Eifert hasn't been the same since his injury a few years ago. The Pro Bowl has been a joke for years now, the QB's that play are usually the 5th of 6th option as the previous backed out.

Vince Young was a Pro Bowler. Tyrod Taylor is a 2 time pro bowler.

Tells you all you need to know. o_O

Vince Young was a Pro Bowler. Tyrod Taylor is a 2 time pro bowler.

Tells you all you need to know. o_O

Right, players get credit for a Pro Bowl appearance if they are voted to the original roster or end up playing in the game.

I remember the year Vince Young played two of the original AFC QBs didn't play, and there were multiple replacements who rejected the opportunity (citing injuries, etc). So lo and behold Vince Young steps in and is tagged as a Pro Bowler.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back