PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There's no way Moss signs with GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
With or without Moss this team will be fine as long as BB works his magic on the defensive side of the ball. Like I've said a hundred times, we need to get back to that blue collar, pound the rock, play lights out defense mentality. The pretty, finesse, high powered offense does nothing and it certainly doesn't win championships.

Last edited:
Chris Mortenson with ESPN just said they are in deep talks... NOW.. if Moss bails out on the Pats, that just means if the Pats would have won the SB, and Moss got his ring... he would have for sure bailed out when he got what he wanted... Raiders fans are bitter with Moss how he quit on them then bailed out to get what he wanted.... maybe if he does the same, Pats fans will start getting bitter too...i want Moss to stay and get a ring and STAY WITH MY BELOVED PATS

Chris Mortenson with ESPN just said they are in deep talks... NOW.. if Moss bails out on the Pats, that just means if the Pats would have won the SB, and Moss got his ring... he would have for sure bailed out when he got what he wanted... Raiders fans are bitter with Moss how he quit on them then bailed out to get what he wanted.... maybe if he does the same, Pats fans will start getting bitter too...i want Moss to stay and get a ring and STAY WITH MY BELOVED PATS

Blame the Pats. Not Moss. Pats should have franchised him or signed him if they wanted to keep him bad enough. Bottom line.

On NFLN they are pretty much debunking this. Favre hasn't even decided if he's coming back yet. Schefter characterized it as a long shot. Another analyst, former Raiders GM Lombardi I think, said he really doens't see it because even if Favre comes back it will be for 1 season and they are strong at the position and their GM Thompson tends to take a long view.

Really sounds like the media is trying to spin this into a story as the Packers need Moss to lure Favre back.

Actually I think the media is trying to spin speculation into something by driving interest in Moss to other franchises. Doesn't sound like they have any solid confirmation of him actually visiting anywhere or talking to anyone.

Randy's agent is using Adam Schefter and others to try and increase the market for his client. I believe they hope to raise NE's contract offer, especially since Schefter keeps bringing up the Packers who didn't really want him before. Moss didn't really seem to fond of the Packers organization (and some of the things they said to him during the 2007 offseason), when asked about their interest in him during his pre-SB press conferences.

So, I think Adam is just trying to create a story (the Packers as a possibility) out of nothing substantial. Maybe he's just trying to find something to talk about, but he could be doing a favor for Moss' agent. After all, most agents love Schefter, and give him contract scoops...

I honestly believe their hasn't been the kind of interest from other teams in giving Randy the huge type of blockbuster deal his agent (and others) have expected. Just think about it. He's 31, had some troubles in his past, and claims he wants to play with an established QB and for a contending team (that knocks a number of teams out of the market right there, lol) Also, look at all the other WR's who've already signed elsewhere, and for good money.
If some of those teams were all that interested in Moss, then I believe they would have at least offered him something, or set up a visit. It seems kind of funny we haven't heard anything about Moss visiting other teams, and there hasn't been anything but mediot/blogger rumored interest from other teams.

So, I think he wants to stay in NE, and will eventually stay in NE, but they are trying to create interest elsewhere to push NE's contract offers up a little.

Thanks, Sebman.

It's 48 hours into free agency, geniuses. None of us have anything to go by except "Oh no! Now we've lost moss!" worries.

I agree, we move on if need be without him. I do not think, however, that it's either Moss' plan or the Pats' plan for that to happen.

I do think that if ever "testing the waters" applied, it applies here. If the price tag goes over what the Pats can justify (or the length of contract, which is probably a big sticking point,) we have seen them grit their teeth and say "no" in the past.

It would be strange, in my opinion, for the Pats to be planning on Moss leaving, given the Stallworth cut. He showed enough to be worth 10M guaranteed over a 3 year deal, which, as I read it here, is what he wants. No Stallworth restructure? Likely Moss return.

Relax.

PFnV

Randy's agent is using Adam Schefter and others to try and increase the market for his client. I believe they hope to raise NE's contract offer, especially since Schefter keeps bringing up the Packers who didn't really want him before. Moss didn't really seem to fond of the Packers organization (and some of the things they said to him during the 2007 offseason), when asked about their interest in him during his pre-SB press conferences.

So, I think Adam is just trying to create a story (the Packers as a possibility) out of nothing substantial. Maybe he's just trying to find something to talk about, but he could be doing a favor for Moss' agent. After all, most agents love Schefter, and give him contract scoops...

I honestly believe their hasn't been the kind of interest from other teams in giving Randy the huge type of blockbuster deal his agent (and others) have expected. Just think about it. He's 31, had some troubles in his past, and claims he wants to play with an established QB and for a contending team (that knocks a number of teams out of the market right there, lol) Also, look at all the other WR's who've already signed elsewhere, and for good money.
If some of those teams were all that interested in Moss, then I believe they would have at least offered him something, or set up a visit. It seems kind of funny we haven't heard anything about Moss visiting other teams, and there hasn't been anything but mediot/blogger rumored interest from other teams.

So, I think he wants to stay in NE, and will eventually stay in NE, but they are trying to create interest elsewhere to push NE's contract offers up a little.

You bring up some great points. The main one to me being he hasn't visited any teams. People on this board need to go take a cold shower, because he isn't going to sign a contract until he visits with another team. If I were to guess I would say he wants to be with the Pats, but he's waiting because their offer was too low. The Pats are known to at the future and not the past, so even though he had a phenomenal season, they see him as 31 y/o and is passing his prime. The Pats are known to put money on older players (ie mcginest, colvin) and probably aren't willing to pay him top WR money even though he may have earned it.

Randy moss used the pats to get out of Oakland. He probably planned this out like this after he got traded to get his stock up high again. And if he won a ring in the process fine but i don't think he comes back to the pats. After all the spygate drama that kind of thing can probably have a negative effect on future dealings with other teams. How many players want to be sitting there interviewing for a new team and be asked did you cheat. Not to many in my book so that could have had some effect on his decision just a thought.

This thread title reminds me of David Patten. And not in a good way.

This thread title reminds me of David Patten. And not in a good way.

This thread reminds me of a splinter in my eye ball.

And not in a good way.

pat va

What are you reading? On another board, they are claiming the "Mort" said that the Pats "lowballed" at $13M guarenteed.

HELP!!!! Someone put up a scoreboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back