PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There seems to be a lot of doubters in here on the Patriots F.O. lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Welker affair only confirmed the fact that BB is a (vulgar name
for a very nasty man) and Bob Kraft is a con artist. I can start to
see why the fans in Cleveland hated BB. Welker could have been let
go with class.

Why root for a team who's coach and owner you despise? Maybe its time to switch allegiances? Follow Welker maybe?

I get it with the Welker gamble. That's a decision that I don't really agree with but they have a plan and I'll wait how this Amendola, Welker trade plans out.

But look at the Broncos or Colts making really good acquisitions all over the board. Reed talked about the Pats and it seemed there was a chance for him signing but it seems they don't even try. It is/was a very deep CB market and on day 3 with good value and we have heard nothing so far. I know you don't win the SB in Free Agency but you can really improve yourself and that's what I with all this cap space hoped for. Not to mention resigning guys like Edelman, Vollmer, Woodhead...

I really hope that at the end of the day we will hear that the Pats have outsmarted everyone again but this time it doesn't look this way.

Just don't write any posts that he can twist back into blaming McDaniels for something and you can usually avoid him publicly liking your posts.

If Dropkick actually is Mav, then I could write *FART* as a post and he would try to twist it into something slamming McDaniels.

I don't have much faith in the F.O. to make this team better this year. I just see another off-season with Fanene, Gregory, Stallworth, Gaffney, Lloyd type signings. No one of impact who are in their prime. Brady better be on his A game next year. It's just the way they do business now. Brady should be disappointed, especially after taking a pay cut. Why doesn't BB realize there's a small window with TB? I don't get it. And yes, I am suggesting we sell out (getting a little late now), even if it means salary cap jail for a year or two down the line.

I get it with the Welker gamble. That's a decision that I don't really agree with but they have a plan and I'll wait how this Amendola, Welker trade plans out.

But look at the Broncos or Colts making really good acquisitions all over the board. Reed talked about the Pats and it seemed there was a chance for him signing but it seems they don't even try. It is/was a very deep CB market and on day 3 with good value and we have heard nothing so far. I know you don't win the SB in Free Agency but you can really improve yourself and that's what I with all this cap space hoped for. Not to mention resigning guys like Edelman, Vollmer, Woodhead...

I really hope that at the end of the day we will hear that the Pats have outsmarted everyone again but this time it doesn't look this way.

It could also be that the Pats are sitting back and watching as guys like Talib and Grimes see their value drop to less than what they thought it would be. It's not out of the ordinary for the Pats to wait until a few days into free agency before they begin making noise.

It could also be that the Pats are sitting back and watching as guys like Talib and Grimes see their value drop to less than what they thought it would be. It's not out of the ordinary for the Pats to wait until a few days into free agency before they begin making noise.

Seems like a great strategy this year as prices seem to be dropping at a ridiculous rate after the first flurry.

I sure hope that is the case. It's the only hope I have right now.

Until I hear otherwise, I can conclude that Wes took business too personally. It sounds that as tough and determined he is on the football field, he's a little thin skinned when it comes to business negotiations. In the end, he chose to leave.

I'm not blaming him or the Patriots, it's just is what it is.

Wes can be a wise guy sometimes like with the Rex foot presser. It didn't seem like Belichick appreciated it. I managed to purloin a copy of his upcoming presser in Denver.

Denver press: "So Wes, The Pats won a lot of games. Did Belichick give you guys a lot of time off?"

Wes: "Yeah, coach would put a bunch of us on Holliday quite often after a win. Sometimes he would put the entire team on Holliday. We all loved being on Holliday. It helped the rookies to fit in too. Sometimes we'd all go on Holliday for a couple of days straight. You guys got any special Hollidays out here?"

The Pats seem to have a clear plan on Welker-Amendola front. But where there is real cause for concern are the CB/DB front. Aquib is out there --w / no assurance he returns. Arrington is almost surely gone.

Top FAs Sean Smith, Derek Cox and Keenan Lewis have all signed. Top CBs are signing for half of 2012. Smith got 3 yrs/18 million. Good candidate to play press coverage -- surprised the Pats did not go after him. Need at least 1+ Talib.

Wonder what the Pats plan is here. Hope they don't lose Talib and are left w/ poor choices.

LOL! Funny you are now quoting Holley's book after several other posters and myself schooled you on your ridiculous argument that McDaniels picked Chad Jackson with quotes from that book. You are shameless.

So McDaniels is a horrible talent evaluator because his brother gave bad inside advise on Maroney? How does that speak to his talent evalution, but how much he trusts his brother (and most people trust their brother). Besides, from my recollection of Holley's book, I don't know if Ben McDaniels gave the scouting report to Josh or Bill directly. Belichick may have gone on Ben's advise and wasn't pushed by McDaniels.

And again, Fells never played for McDaniels prior to the Patriots yet you attribute him to McDaniels.

Yes, you are overstating his influence to push you continuing agenda vs. McDaniels.

Nowhere in that msg did I bring up Chad Jackson

Typical move to completely raise a false point to obscure Maroney and O'Connell
Not to mention 5 ex Rams/Broncos here in the past 12 months

You have nothing beyond ad hominem

It's worth noting that Welker's best production was with O'Brien as the OC not JM. O'Brien utilized a spread offense and Welker evolved to become exceptional in that but with JM in 07, 08 it was more about setting screens, picks and getting the ball to Wes in open spaces and letting him run after the catch. With JM back and moving back to that offense maybe Amendola is considered more explosive in open space now.

Or maybe it's just the simple logic that we all follow in life of trading our cars in when the miles get to high. You can't be certain you'll like the new one as much but you do it because the other car is about to crap out.

What some Patriots fans seem to be having a hard time understanding is that this is..and will always be a business before its a sport on the field.

I loved Wes here as a Patriot and all he gave to us in enjoyment over the years but it was time to move on...he is not getting any younger and the F.O. thought it was time to get a little bit younger and move on and create another WR corps that Brady has never had a problem in adjusting to.

This front office has made many tough decisions before despite them really wanting to keep them,as for example letting a All-Pro CB leave (Law),A WR just a year removed from the MVP of the SB (Branch),a CB that was a good ball hawker (Samuel) One of the early 2000s best DL (Seymour) and many other favorites among us......yet

.......despite all the losses of our guys to FA or trades,the F.O. has continued to put a respectable team on the field...a team that has been more successful than any other in the NFL over the past 12 years...a team that has rarely missed the playoffs and is almost always the favorite to win the SB every year and the only team that has been to multiple SBs and Championship games as well.

Why all of a sudden has some believing that Belichick has lost it or that the F.O. is going nuts?

One man has never made the difference between winning a championship or losing one and Welker won't be the reason either...its a team sport and always will be.

When this F.O. decides that its imperative and smart to keep a player they do so and in a big way with juicy contracts like Gronk,Hernandez and Wilfork and smart extensions given to Brady.

I just don't feel the F.O. felt that Welker was imperative to winning and that Brady can make adjustments like he always has done before.

Like I said before,I loved Welker as a Patriot and I wish him the best of luck in Denver (as long as his best games are not against NE)...He was a pleasure to watch and I don't think anything of him less now than before

.....REMEMBER its a business before its a sport on the field and Welker and the Patriots have decided that the business partnership should go seperate ways....we should respect both parties in that respect and move on to the 2013 season with Welker moving to the Rockies and what should be an exciting and new WR corps.

Right, it's a business before a sport.
So why would the Patriots weaken themselves at slot receiver and pay MORE money to do so??????
It's bad business to shell out more money for a lesser product no????
That answer would be yes!!!
Enjoy the Kool-Aid!!

The Pats seem to have a clear plan on Welker-Amendola front. But where there is real cause for concern are the CB/DB front. Aquib is out there --w / no assurance he returns. Arrington is almost surely gone.

Top FAs Sean Smith, Derek Cox and Keenan Lewis have all signed. Top CBs are signing for half of 2012. Smith got 3 yrs/18 million. Good candidate to play press coverage -- surprised the Pats did not go after him. Need at least 1+ Talib.

Wonder what the Pats plan is here. Hope they don't lose Talib and are left w/ poor choices.
That seems to be the issue at the moment. Very good players who would address clear needs are being signed to affordable contracts. I must admit a level of concern given the question marks on D and at receiver but I'm willing to sit back and watch whatever plan the Patriots have unfold.

Yeah, the sky sure does fall a lot around here. I'm surprised we haven't seen any "I want to punch BB in the nose" threads.

We'll be back in the AFC East hunt come December, and that's the first step into the playoffs. But the continuous drama around here sure is fun!

Right, it's a business before a sport.
So why would the Patriots weaken themselves at slot receiver and pay MORE money to do so??????
It's bad business to shell out more money for a lesser product no????
That answer would be yes!!!
Enjoy the Kool-Aid!!

My condolences on your binky leaving but this is a move made with more than just the next year in mind, its how they've been in the hunt almost every year since BB's been here. I dont understand the personal feelings to a player no matter how good he is, they'll field a super bowl conrending team and thats pretty much all I care about and I trust in the brain trust that has been running things the last 13 years, the 40 before that werent so great.

Yeah, the sky sure does fall a lot around here. I'm surprised we haven't seen any "I want to punch BB in the nose" threads.

We'll be back in the AFC East hunt come December, and that's the first step into the playoffs. But the continuous drama around here sure is fun!

My condolences on your binky leaving but this is a move made with more than just the next year in mind, its how they've been in the hunt almost every year since BB's been here. I dont understand the personal feelings to a player no matter how good he is, they'll field a super bowl conrending team and thats pretty much all I care about and I trust in the brain trust that has been running things the last 13 years, the 40 before that werent so great.

That's all fine and dandy but if anyone thinks this run of success will continue without one of the best QB's of all time you are surely to experience the pre-TB era again in the not too distant future.
BB is arrogant. There's no denying that. But he better understand that TB is not going to stand back there & fling it around for the next five years. Time is running out on his dominance and BB needs to add some difference maker type players this year and next. That's all there is to it. F()CK the future. I can go through a year or two without being a top team. I've done it before. And we'll need another great QB to have any success in the future. I want this team improved over last year now, not wait. Just do it, WTF, how simple is that? You have money. Spend it. Enough of the dink and dunk game. Throw the deep ball to a deep ball threat. Help Brady help the team. Everyone knows what our deficencies are. There's not that many. Get three good players and a couple youts in the draft and be done with it. We already have 'some' depth. I just want another Lombardi trophy. It's now or it could be a while. Just ask the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox.....and Patriots.

That's all fine and dandy but if anyone thinks this run of success will continue without one of the best QB's of all time you are surely to experience the pre-TB era again in the not too distant future.
BB is arrogant. There's no denying that. But he better understand that TB is not going to stand back there & fling it around for the next five years. Time is running out on his dominance and BB needs to add some difference maker type players this year and next. That's all there is to it. F()CK the future. I can go through a year or two without being a top team. I've done it before. And we'll need another great QB to have any success in the future. I want this team improved over last year now, not wait. Just do it, WTF, how simple is that? You have money. Spend it. Enough of the dink and dunk game. Throw the deep ball to a deep ball threat. Help Brady help the team. Everyone knows what our deficencies are. There's not that many. Get three good players and a couple youts in the draft and be done with it. We already have 'some' depth. I just want another Lombardi trophy. It's now or it could be a while. Just ask the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox.....and Patriots.

OK, I'll play. I DENY it.
I don't find that competence, knowledge and adhering to some core principles which include 'learning every day' and 'team first' as ARROGANCE.
It is those who can't or don't measure up and are jealous who find arrogance instead of admiration.

This 'arrogance' slime-fest is solely based on his media-interaction. he is maybe lacking in the PR department; but frankly that isn't my primary criteria for a coach evaluation.

Why, because he doesn't humor a bunch of egocentric football-moron mediots who want to ask the same stupid question over and over just re-phrased by answering with the standard blah-blah-blah??
Anyone who follows the team KNOWS that if a GOOD MEDIA MEMBER actually asks a useful question; he will go on for about 5 minutes citing references back to games in 1978 to give the guy an answer.

there are plenty of incidents to show BB donating time-energy-money (NOT PUBLICLY) to help out folks both with-in and outside the football community (just look at who he has hired when).

The arrogant line is a cheap insult and not valid to anyone who knows more than the cover of the sports page.

As forthe 'spend all the money'; THEY ALWAYS DO. As many have already said in this and every other like thread; the PATS have ALWAYS spent to the cap. I wont bother repeating what others have debunked before.

maverick,

Of course you didn't bring up Chad Jackson. You blamed McKid for Chad Jackson in about 3 dozen posts in the past week until Deus, DaBruinz, and I schooled you that Michael Holley wrote in his book that Urban Meyers influenced Belichick on Jackson. But you claimed to have many articles proving otherwise. The only reason I brought him up and will continue to bring him up is because you said you wouldn't provide proof that McDaniels picked Jackson because I would only ignore it and when we provided proof that he wasn't involved in that pick it was you who ignored those articles.

Also, you quote Holley's book on Maroney, but Holley blames Ben McDaniels, not Josh McDaniels for that pick. It was Ben's recommendation of Maroney that swayed Belichick to take him, not Josh's scouting.

As for O'Connell, you are just speculating. Yes, McDaniels' scouted him, but as Holley pointed out in War Room, Belichick has gone against his coaching staff when they have scouted players. The perfect example is Chad Jackson where Brian Daboll scouted him and thought he would be a bad pick.

As for the 5 ex Rams/Broncos, you fail to mention several things. Two of those guys were bottom of the roster guys and never expected to see the field in any significant form (Salas and Hoomawhatever). Fells may be a former Ram and Bronco, but never actually played for McDaniels so he knew nothing about him that Belichick didn't know. And Lloyd ended being a decent pick up having the best season for a WR not named Moss or Welker since 2005.

You have had a weird agenda against McDaniels since long before you were banned for your obsession with him back in McDaniels' stint here.

ALL Doubters should join the GANGGREEN board .....

We have been spoiled and now we are all certified GM's........

GET OVER IT....let the dust settle...and move on...

BTW they are having a great sale on Welker jerseys for all those Naysayers......

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes