PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There is no way (Patt....err) Branch makes this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New England Patriots cut wide receivers Brandon Tate and Taylor Price in calendar year 2011. The New England Patriots roster transactions are contrary to your point.

Actually, those failed transactions are precisely why youth is needed. Had they worked out, there would be no need to bring in young receivers, because they'd already have them.

Unless Underwood blows the doors off everyone, he either gets cut or ends up on the PS.

WR's- Welker/Lloyd/Branch/Gonzo or draft pick/Slater/Edelman

Actually, those failed transactions are precisely why youth is needed. Had they worked out, there would be no need to bring in young receivers, because they'd already have them.
The failure was trading a 2012 fifth round draft pick for Chad Ochostinko. Brandon Tate was more productive wide receiver in the New England Patriots offense in 2010 than Ochostinko was in 2011. The New England Patriots also cut the primary kick returner on the team, as well.

The failure was trading a 2012 fifth round draft pick for Chad Ochostinko. Brandon Tate was more productive wide receiver in the New England Patriots offense in 2010 than Ochostinko was in 2011. The New England Patriots also cut the primary kick returner on the team, as well.

Now you're just trying to change the subject. Sorry, but I'm not going to bite. Go check Tate's receptions totals for 2011, and I'll leave it at that.

Reality: The Patriots youth at WR didn't pan out. It's time for more.

Last edited:
Branch was our #2 last year. He has lost a step or two. Lloyd is now our #2.

Ochocinco was our #3 last year. Branch (even with diminished skills) figures to be a better #3 than Ochocinco.

Our #4 WR position doesn't get much work. This position can be used for a developmental player or as a player whose primary role is insurance against injury. A healthy Gonzalez seems perfect for this spot, as does a draft choice. If we bring in a high draft cholice, Gonzo is likely gone unless he can beat out both Ochocinco and Branch.

BEFORE THE "FINAL 5 CHOICES
(The last 5 roster spots can come from almost anywhere)

OFFENSE (23)
QB 2
RB 4
WR 4
TE 3
OL 8
ST 2
2012 New England Patriots Offense

QB (3) - Brady, Hoyer, Mallett
RB (4) - Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Polite
WR (5) - Welker, Lloyd, Branch, Gonzalez, Edelman
TE (3) - Gronkowski, Hernandez, Fells
OT (4) - Light, Vollmer, Solder, Cannon
OG (3) - Mankins, Waters, Thomas
OC (3) - Connelly, Wendell, McDonald

I seriously doubt the New England Patriots would carry ten offensive linemen on the 53 man roster.

The New England Patriots cut wide receivers Brandon Tate and Taylor Price in calendar year 2011. The New England Patriots roster transactions are contrary to your point.

At least Deion Branch will open up and study the playbook, unlike another wide receiver "not to be named" currently on (but hopefully soon to be cut) the New England Patriots roster.

I think it's funny when people say stuff like this. As if you are around the players and know who is studying the playbook and how much...

Give me a break.

We can find lots of guys to disappear for large stretches and not make catches in the Super Bowl. I never want to see him in a Patriots uniform for another game.

So, of course he'll make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back