PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

There has never been a more clutch player in sports history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many many many many years from now he will grow old and pass on into the afterlife.
Future generations will wonder if he was real or was he a myth like Santa Clause.

I'm not going to argue as to exactly who's the most clutch. I'm just going to say that we've been truly blessed.

Ortiz
Brady
Orr
Russell
Bird
Vinatieri

And there are others who probably belong on that list, too.

Not really a baseball guy and only know about Williams by watching a documentary about him this past year.

Big Papi is definitely on that list. No doubt about it.

I posted this on a different thread, but the more and more I think about how the game unfolded, I want to keep posting this in every thread. :D

=================
I think what is stunning about Brady is the composure and execution after leaving 10 easy points (when he threw the first INT from the 2 yard line and later when they failed to convert the 4th and 1 near the 25 yard line) in a hostile environment, against the # 1 seed, then watch them come back in the second half and take a lead, have another unlucky INT that resulted in them scoring, and in spite of all this, go out and surgically do his duty calmly and efficiently in the remaining crucial drives @ end of the regular period and OT that gave him the W.

Holy cow! What an athelete! What a performance! What a man!

I thought I was lucky to see MJ do his magic when he was with the Bulls.

I am even more lucky to see TB.

What Brady has done - sorry, continues to do - in this 17+ years managed to put him higher than MJ in my eyes. Praying hard that he gets the sixth ring. And more. :)

GO PATS!!

Imagine being on the other sideline, at the end of the game, or at the start of OT, and Brady takes the field with a chance to win and enough time on the clock to move down the field. You know Brady's not infallible, but you also know that he's probably going to drive his team down the field and shove that ball right up your team's collective ass. It's got to be the sort of misery that accompanies root canal.

Those THREE 3rd-and-10 conversions in the OT are all you need to see.

3rd & 10 at NE 35
(13:40 - OT) (Shotgun) T. Brady pass short middle to J. Edelman to KC 45 for 20 yards (D. Sorensen).

3rd & 10 at KC 45
(12:51 - OT) (Shotgun) T. Brady pass short middle to J. Edelman to KC 30 for 15 yards (C. Ward).

3rd & 10 at KC 30
(11:57 - OT) (Shotgun) T. Brady pass short left to R. Gronkowski to KC 15 for 15 yards (E. Berry)

GOAT

Those THREE 3rd-and-10 conversions in the OT are all you need to see.

3rd & 10 at NE 35
(13:40 - OT) (Shotgun) T. Brady pass short middle to J. Edelman to KC 45 for 20 yards (D. Sorensen).

3rd & 10 at KC 45
(12:51 - OT) (Shotgun) T. Brady pass short middle to J. Edelman to KC 30 for 15 yards (C. Ward).

3rd & 10 at KC 30
(11:57 - OT) (Shotgun) T. Brady pass short left to R. Gronkowski to KC 15 for 15 yards (E. Berry)

GOAT

The bottom line is that kc did not press any of our wide receivers out of the bunch formation. Even romo predicted what would happen!

That TD to Dorsett and other throw to hogan I think were absolute dimes. Defender was draped on them and it was perfect. They were so good Romo is still talking about them to anyone that will listen

I never knew how people could put Manning ahead of Brady. Sure Manning did things but when you look at postseason success it's not even close.
Because Manning plays the aw shucks goober as opposed to GQ Brady... Much less threatening .. Even though in reality Manning is a silver spoon jerkoff that had every football advantage in the book his entire life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down