PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Washington Redskins are the only NFL team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lansdowne

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...that the New England Patriots haven't beaten since Bill Belichick took over as head coach. The Patriots have played every team and beaten them, but only had one game against the Redskins in 2003, which was a loss. I mean, unless you want to count the 41-0 thrashing the Pats dished out at them this preseason. But this is mainly accounting for regular season and playoffs.

The good news is the Patriots are scheduled to host the Redskins for a home game in the 2007 regular season, so that should take care of that. Though right now I'm not thinking about next season, I'm thinking about this Sunday. Just thought I'd point this out. :)

...above the salary cap for 2007?

I can't imagine there's another team which handles its cap so poorly

I realized this after the Green Bay game. Fitting that the only team Brady/BB haven't beaten is the closest one to me.

EDIT: BTW, I was at that game in '03 and I'm bringing some Skins fans up to Foxboro in the fall for some payback!

Last edited:
...EDIT: BTW, I was at that game in '03 ...

Me too, the only live game I've seen in the BB era. I was 100% convinced that BB's defense would shred Spurrier's pre-snap-read offense. They did, but not quite enough--fell behind and almost caught up, but failed to drive for a late field goal to tie. Could convert on a 4th and ~3 from their ~40. That game was probably the most-injured game they've had in this run, really it was remarkable that they almost caught up.

One of the most amazing Brady quotes was after that game--speaking about failing to drive for the game-tying field goal, he said something along the lines of "We know what we did wrong, it won't happen again." I was like, it's fine to be confident but come on! How can you say that!! Has it happened again?!? Still amazes me that he meant it literally.

Last edited:
...above the salary cap for 2007?

I can't imagine there's another team which handles its cap so poorly

What do you mean, poorly? He just proved that we can't beat them.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes