PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Unofficial Classy Bowl 2009 Discussion Thread (Chargers vs. Colts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
smileyorgrolleyeseg8.gif
@ that fumble. Colts season in a nutshell.

Sure would. Too bad we have way too many areas of need to address.

I can agree with that. Defense, defense, and more defense. The Pats are in good shape with their backfield as is, but Jordan might leave via FA and I personally don't trust Maroney.

ALMOST a pick! Crap.

smileyorgrolleyeseg8.gif
@ that fumble. Colts season in a nutshell.

I can agree with that. Defense, defense, and more defense. The Pats are in good shape with their backfield as is, but Jordan might leave via FA and I personally don't trust Maroney.

well yes but they did something to force the turnover. dungy teams have been known to go after the ball. SD shouldve known that.

Seriously, SD, hang on to one of those gift-wrapped ducks.

While I detest both teams I think I want SD to win this one. Colts always seem to need some help from the refs to win these games

Nice run by Sproles :)

The Chargers deserve a make-up call here for the fumble + recovery the refs robbed them of at the end of the half.

This no whistle on fumbles rule in the NFL thing has to come with a caveat. Since they always go to replay to decide if it was a fumble, the replay booth should be the only one making that determination. In other words, the replay booth should have more latitude to decide if it was a fumble without the impossible standard of absolute evidence. The one ref on the sideline clearly thought Sproles was down but in the interest of playing things out, the refs let it go. So then the replay booth has to see clear evidence that the refs' erred?

Bull.

I don't like the way this thing works.

I came into this game with equal hatred for both teams, and really I wanted the Chargers to lose because of their 8-8 record, but now seeing the refs leaning toward Polian once again, I'm rooting for the Chargers. I've seen this movie once too many times before.

Last edited:
iam surprised SD is still in this game with their suspect pass D and not so dynamic Off without LT.

there will be no make up call...call on the field takes precedence.

It shouldn't be that way.

Not on fumbles.

The refs are afraid these days to make the call in the interest of letting the replay booth arbitrate it. Judging a fumble seems to be the most difficult call in football. Let the replay booth have more latitude.

I hope people watching McNeil are developing a better appreciation for Matt Light.

I hope people watching McNeil are developing a better appreciation for Matt Light.

Light will never get the credit he deserves in this town. I'm not sayin' he's an all-pro but he's been real good for this team.

What a bad spot, they're lucky they got that.

This no whistle on fumbles rule in the NFL thing has to come with a caveat. Since they always go to replay to decide if it was a fumble, the replay booth should be the only one making that determination. In other words, the replay booth should have more latitude to decide if it was a fumble without the impossible standard of absolute evidence. The one ref on the sideline clearly thought Sproles was down but in the interest of playing things out, the refs let it go. So then the replay booth has to see clear evidence that the refs' erred?

Bull.

I don't like the way this thing works.

I came into this game with equal hatred for both teams, and really I wanted the Chargers to lose because of their 8-8 record, but now seeing the refs leaning toward Polian once again, I'm rooting for the Chargers. I've seen this movie once too many times before.

I totally understand your frustration; there are times when the call on the field is just so blatantly arbitrary that it seems absurd that it should have any influence on the ultimate decision. Take the Champ Bailey INT return fumble that in all likelihood went out through the endzone against the Pats in the postseason: the ref making the call on the field was nowhere near the play to see it, and yet it was his call that decided the call be cause there wasn't any conclusive view.

That said, I see why the NFL does it the way it does. The refs do need a default call to go back to when the replay really isn't clear; fans will have an easier time accepting the "oh well, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it" rationale than they would if the replay ref made a call the other way based on a replay that doesn't show them anything.

good job rivers....:rolleyes:

manning maybe MVP but the colts defense in the RZ has carried them this yr.thats two TD's chargers have given up now.

Jesus what a frustrating game. Chargers are terrible

This Colt team has got to be one of the LUCKIEST TEAMS in the history of the Planet! :eek:

now watch manning milk the clock in the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes