PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Trick Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time Bill will have Edleman fake the pass to White, knowing that defenses will "not take the bait", so as they swarm the left side of the field, Edleman can instead pass to Gordon - who is now wide open after a defense thought they were genius for noticing the setup from before.

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia' - but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!' Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Fck this thread. AB would have thrown a perfect spiral to Gordon for 6. If it weren’t for this lawsuit.

I'm sorry but this is a little bit of a pet peeve. Last year posters were slurping Brown but had no idea he was our 3rd best OL'm on the team & at times was lost in space. He's a mammoth so asking him to makes plays against guys 150lbs smaller than him isn't it. Again its the Big body in space that really does the trick on these plays.

Asking a 300+ OL'm to make a block at full speed on a DB whos purposely cuts to avoid contact is naive at best & thats being nice.

The appearance of the "herd" of OL'm is the big takeaway here. Nobody is running head on to a herd of elephants. If a guy who weighs 100lbs less makes a play at the very end not really a big deal.

Also Wynn was our best OL'm by far last game.

Wynn was leading the pack, Thuney was behind him and picked out a target and made his block while Wynn just ran past all the defenders like HE was the ball carrier....I mean come on, look for someone to block next time.

The double pass was used early this season. Now all Patriot opponents will have to spend precious practice time preparing for it. Meanwhile, Belichick and Josh will have a variant of it ready to sucker the next team who thinks they see the same play developing.

Before his Patriot career is over I would like to see Brady catch a ball from Jules just to forget his SB drop.

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia' - but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line!' Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Inconceivable.

Wynn was leading the pack, Thuney was behind him and picked out a target and made his block while Wynn just ran past all the defenders like HE was the ball carrier....I mean come on, look for someone to block next time.
If you watched the play theres absolutely no one in front of him for abt 20 yards. He was the lead & had a solid wall, why in the world would he go east/west to look for work. That makes no sense. Others had that covered. If you look at it from another angle the DB slipped him at the end which again isn't a big deal.

I feel like this should be highlighted somewhere when it comes to x/o's, understanding each position.
OL'm are extremely athletic but in the context of who's on the field at times they're at a disadvantage bc the guys the face are always more athletic for the most part. They're expected to survive, not win the rep.

If you watched the play theres absolutely no one in front of him for abt 20 yards. He was the lead & had a solid wall, why in the world would he go east/west to look for work. That makes no sense. Others had that covered. If you look at it from another angle the DB slipped him at the end which again isn't a big deal.

I feel like this should be highlighted somewhere when it comes to x/o's, understanding each position.
OL'm are extremely athletic but in the context of who's on the field at times they're at a disadvantage bc the guys the face are always more athletic for the most part. They're expected to survive, not win the rep.

Why would he look east and west to make a block??? Because those players made the tackle. We'll have to agree to disagree but this isn't the first time he failed to make a block in space and I'm sure Belichick let him know about it.
It bears watching so we'll see if it's a blip or a problem. IMO he needs to do better because that play should have ended with a TD.

Last edited:
Before his Patriot career is over I would like to see Brady catch a ball from Jules just to forget his SB drop.

That type of play could end his career. I don't want to see Brady catching passes or blocking.

Brady is already #2 on the all-time list for most receiving yards after 40.

I don't think he is catching the #1 guy.

Why would he look east and west to make a block??? Because those players made the tackle. We'll have to agree to disagree but this isn't the first time he failed to make a block in space and I'm sure Belichick let him know about it.
It bears watching so we'll see if it's a blip or a problem. IMO he needs to do better because that play should have ended with a TD.
All due respect you dont know what you're talking abt. Its embarrassing. Some of this doesnt even make sense, like the bolded.

He was our best OL'm by far & has no problem in space.

All due respect you dont know what you're talking abt. Its embarrassing. Some of this doesnt even make sense, like the bolded.

He was our best OL'm by far & has no problem in space.

Who cares if he was our best O-lineman in that game? He wasn't on that trick play, but Thuney was because he did his job.

Wynn failed to make a block on the play in question. What was he supposed to do on that play....look pretty running down the field?

Ever hear "Do your job"??? His job was to block.

What the hell good did he do on that play as the LEAD BLOCKER when he DIDN'T BLOCK???? Talk about embarrassing yourself.

Brady is already #2 on the all-time list for most receiving yards after 40.

I don't think he is catching the #1 guy.

Let's hope that TB gets a chance to read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News