PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a convo my wife and I have about where to go eat.

If you had a resolution to that madness then god bless you. I'm still trying to get her to decide on where to eat dinner last night. We starved. The end.

If Tanny is not tagged come Thursday then I think it is pretty certain that Brady is going to the Titans. That is the first domino to fall IMO.

Well, I don’t really give the league any money apart from viewership. But aren’t you going to continue watching? I assume pretty much all of us are. The game is damn enjoyable.
You find the game enjoyable? I think it is a pretty awful product. The 90s football into the first half of 2000s was probably the best football I ever witnessed. This version of no defense and all the rules changes and college style is terrible. The NFL is fortunate that Mahomes has come along right now as there is a huge void in QB play with all the old QBs declining or on their way out (Rivers, Ben, Brady, Brees) and Rodgers already looking like just an above average QB. Last year's season had 2/3s of the league suck which made for terrible games week after week.

Once Brady hangs them up, I will struggle to watch the game at all.

I think the handwriting is on the wall. Brady really does want to move on. Pats fans better prepare. So many direct clues:

1) His father saying years ago that it would not end well
2) Brady turning down multi year extension from Pats last August
3) Brady saying "I have more to prove"...e.g. showing he can win without BB

He is gone and Pats will regret it more than he will. Brady will go to a team that will compete for SB. Pats next 2-3 years will be one of irrelevancy.

Did not have to end this way, but after years of getting lowballed and hearing that he is a "system QB", I do not blame Brady.

If Tanny is not tagged come Thursday then I think it is pretty certain that Brady is going to the Titans. That is the first domino to fall IMO.

The fact he isn't tagged yet suggests the Titans are seriously considering Brady...

and remember who left Brady out to dry in all this (BB and Kraft) so don't be "shocked" if and when he leaves.
I don't blame BB at all. He knew the league was out to crucify him and get him fired, so he rightfully needed to be very careful in what he said. Especially since he was being asked before anyone knew anything. Once he had a chance to talk with the team and figure out what had happened we got the fantastic Mona Lisa Vito press conference.

I think the handwriting is on the wall. Brady really does want to move on. Pats fans better prepare. So many direct clues:

He is gone and Pats will regret it more than he will. Brady will go to a team that will compete for SB. Pats next 2-3 years will be one of irrelevancy.

Did not have to end this way, but after years of getting lowballed and hearing that he is a "system QB", I do not blame Brady.
Specifically, what multi year contract did Brady turn down? More to prove? How about number 7? How about playing at age 43 and beyond? Toms father saying wont end well years ago? Really?

Last edited:
I don't blame BB at all. He knew the league was out to crucify him and get him fired, so he rightfully needed to be very careful in what he said. Especially since he was being asked before anyone knew anything. Once he had a chance to talk with the team and figure out what had happened we got the fantastic Mona Lisa Vito press conference.
I agree. The Pats were in a tough place. It was a witch hunt and the team was powerless to stop it. It is easily the most disgusting sports saga I have ever witnessed.

The fact he isn't tagged yet suggests the Titans are seriously considering Brady...
Have there been any tags yet? I’ve seen a few reports of players who will get the tag, but I’m not aware of any that have officially been done yet.

1. Brady didn't turn down a multi year contract. He wasn't offered one.

2. This doesn't end badly. Brady's father said that prior to three more championship wins. It may end but it can't end badly any longer.

3. Brady has more to prove. Great. He still wants to play. I hope it's here. If not I wish him the best.

One way or another I hope he gets another ring. I will never forget how he shoved deflategate right up Roger's ass.

Yep or they are using the TB12 scuttlebutt as leverage so they avoid using the franchise tag on a QB who is undeserving such as Tanny.

Yep or they are using the TB12 scuttlebutt as leverage so they avoid using the franchise tag on a QB who is undeserving such as Tanny.
Perhaps but that is dangerous as there will be teams very interested in Tanny. Much safer to just tag him and then work out the deal later.

Maybe, but maybe not. Players don't like being tagged generally because they understand if they're good enough for the tag, they can probably get similar money long term. Tagging could hurt long term negotiations even though it was ironically invented to help those negotiations.

Brady didn't want a multi year deal. Hmmmm.

Is it possible that he's just sick of Belichick's coaching style? Sick of not having a say? Would outside influences affect Brady? I look at his comment of "I am just the QB. I just work here" as him being ticked that he didn't have any input on who he threw the ball to. The other thing I look at is Gronk's comparison of Belichick to the Grinch. Clearly, Bill's style grated on Gronk. Does Gronk have enough influence on Brady to affect Brady's attitude regarding Bill? The old cliche "misery loves company". We've all seen coworkers get in a coffee clutch and complain about bosses. Would Brady be susceptible to this? A couple of text messages after a scathing coaching critque?

I can get Johnny Foxboro to make that throw.

I can see the text: God he sux. doesn't he know you're the GOAT? I can't believe he talks to you like that. He's nothing without you.

Does Brady just get to the point that he's had enough? That's why he's so sour after wins? That's why he looked relieved after the Tennessee loss?

There. I'm free of him and all his negativity.

I think it's certainly possible.

Perhaps but that is dangerous as there will be teams very interested in Tanny. Much safer to just tag him and then work out the deal later.
Maybe.

Like Tom, we don't know the market for Tanny but having him count $33.2m as the franchise tag on the 2020 cap is downright idiotic.

Brady didn't want a multi year deal. Hmmmm.

Is it possible that he's just sick of Belichick's coaching style? Sick of not having a say? Would outside influences affect Brady? I look at his comment of "I am just the QB. I just work here" as him being ticked that he didn't have any input on who he threw the ball to. The other thing I look at is Gronk's comparison of Belichick to the Grinch. Clearly, Bill's style grated on Gronk. Does Gronk have enough influence on Brady to affect Brady's attitude regarding Bill? The old cliche "misery loves company". We've all seen coworkers get in a coffee clutch and complain about bosses. Would Brady be susceptible to this? A couple of text messages after a scathing coaching critque?

I can get Johnny Foxboro to make that throw.

I can see the text: God he sux. doesn't he know you're the GOAT? I can't believe he talks to you like that. He's nothing without you.

Does Brady just get to the point that he's had enough? That's why he's so sour after wins? That's why he looked relieved after the Tennessee loss?

There. I'm free of him and all his negativity.

I think it's certainly possible.
There were multiple reports from last year which said the BB/TB12 relationship was as healthy as it's been in years.

I've certainly been in situations where I had a great relationship with my boss but felt underpaid, no longer embracing the culture, didn't enjoy the people I was working with or finding the job satisfying.

Depending on what we want to read into Tom's post-game pressers of gloom and doom, he didn't seem all that happy to me with his personal and the offense's performance as a whole. I'm sure hes been made aware of how he was outwardly projecting himself.

If he firmly believes the 2020 Patriots will be a repeat of 2019, I have no doubt in my mind he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots