PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't call you a genius in a sarcastic way. Wasn't me.

If I wanted to get into a name-calling pissing contest i'll hang in the virus thread and rip in to people I could give 2 ****s about.

Dude are you okay? I direct quoted SBB saying that in my post? Igor wasn’t directed at you at all. You must have him on ignore.

The only reason you are going at BB is you are pissed Tom is done here and you taking it out on BB.

Way off. I’m not going at BB at all. I’m doing nothing but speaking fact. He’s a sub-.500 career HC without Brady. Blindly expecting him to keep this going without Brady, when winning a Super Bowl is EXCEPTIONALLY HARD, doesn’t jive with reality. It’s also somewhat disrespectful to how hard our past teams had to work. Maybe he wins without Brady, maybe he doesn’t. Hopefully it’s the former. But you need to reset your expectations. The man hasn’t won jack as a HC without Brady at the most important position on the field.

With Bill as HC and having control over the roster and stable ownership, the NEP are 14-6 without Brady. They could go 4-12 next year. They could go 11-5. There is no data from the last 12 year which points to the NEP sucking w/o Tom.

Bill was staring at two losing seasons in a row without Tom when he first started here. Had Bledsoe not gotten knocked out, you could make a very convincing argument that he wouldn’t have survived the 2002 season.

Whatever Genius you hate Bill.

Sure I do. Post some more pics for us. I’m sure we will all enjoy looking at a man who resembles a Triggerfish with insomnia.

IBBIT
Maybe now a mother****er can get some season tickets

Dude are you okay? I direct quoted SBB saying that in my post? Igor wasn’t directed at you at all. You must have him on ignore.

Way off. I’m not going at BB at all. I’m doing nothing but speaking fact. He’s a sub-.500 career HC without Brady. Blindly expecting him to keep this going without Brady, when winning a Super Bowl is EXCEPTIONALLY HARD, doesn’t jive with reality. It’s also somewhat disrespectful to how hard our past teams had to work. Maybe he wins without Brady, maybe he doesn’t. Hopefully it’s the former. But you need to reset your expectations. The man hasn’t won jack as a HC without Brady at the most important position on the field.

Bill was staring at two losing seasons in a row without Tom when he first started here. Had Bledsoe not gotten knocked out, you could make a very convincing argument that he wouldn’t have survived the 2002 season.

In the last 15 years BB is 14-6 without Brady. And to be fair one of those loses came with a 3rd string QB with a broken thumb.

Bill did go 11-5 with Cassell and 3-1 with Jimmy/Jacoby. Small samples for sure but in neither case did he have the preparation he has had now to move forward without Brady. I figure Bill knew this was the outcome back in August giving him plenty of time to recalibrate which is why we have seen a couple of new outside coaches hired. I am pretty pumped to see what happens. I would rather have Bill leading this than any other GM/HC. That's for sure.

In the last 15 years BB is 14-6 without Brady. And to be fair one of those loses came with a 3rd string QB with a broken thumb.
11-5 of it came in a season against an easy schedule with the core of a team that went 16-0 the year before against a harder schedule with Brady. Remind me what happened. They missed the playoffs that year, didn’t they?

Wow. The week is finally here where this question will be answered..!

Are you ready.? When the decision is made how do you react.? Do you go into flashback mode and start thinking of all the memories and games.. like your life flashing before your eyes. ?

Or do we take the tough guy Belichick approach . Cuz it seems the team is spending the cap money as another excuse why they can't resign Brady.

11-5 of it came in a season against an easy schedule with the core of a team that went 16-0 the year before against a harder schedule with Brady. Remind me what happened. They missed the playoffs that year, didn’t they?
Do you want a different GM/HC leading this team right now? If yes, who?

Leaving.... but where ya goin? Tampa, LA , or Vegas. ? Warm weather. That's a no brainier. Senior tour of NFL.

He gutted the roster in 00 and the team needed time to blend in 01. Remember?

Do you want a different GM/HC leading this team right now? If yes, who?
Nope. I want to give BB a shot to get it right. But I understand that winning in this league is exceptionally hard. It gets progressively harder without the GOAT under center. This is evidenced by the fact that BB has a sub-.500 record as a HC without Brady. Our expectations need to be adjusted accordingly.

And that’s literally it. But there are a TON of BB fans on here. They’re BB fans before they’re Patriots fans. That’s why they’re perseverating on that one part.

He gutted the roster in 00 and the team needed time to blend in 01. Remember?
I think he needs to do that again. And it didn’t need time to blend in ‘01, lmao. He needed a QB worth a **** to save his bacon.

I don't think anyone is going to compare the 2007 offense to the 2019 offense :eek:

Give the 2019 Patriots the 2008 offense they probably win the SB.

And even given Brady the Patriots might not have done any better than 13-3 in 2008. They lose to Miami(Wildcat game), Jets(34-31 OT game), and good chance against SD(Brady threw 5 ints against them in 2007.

So arguably Brady is 2 games better than a QB who hadn't started a game since HS :p

I don't even know what to say. I'm not too happy with Kraft or BB for letting him walk. Tom was never about the money and no one will ever convince me it was about it this time.

I think he needs to do that again. And it didn’t need time to blend in ‘01, lmao. He needed a QB worth a **** to save his bacon.
...and Tom did a nice job while the D carried it

...and Tom did a nice job while the D carried it
Tom made the clutch plays on offense when he needed to and saved the ‘01 team from a loss when the defense eventually broke down in the Super Bowl.

Tom made the clutch plays on offense when he needed to and saved the ‘01 team from a loss when the defense eventually broke down in the Super Bowl.
Thank goodness the D kept them in the game in the first place

Hahaha. Easy, friend. He went 11-5 with a QB who hardly even played in college. Who cares about the soft schedule ? He went 11-5 in the NFL with a green Cassel. That’s impressive.

Thank goodness the D kept them in the game in the first place
I can see you’re down. I am too, man. I’ll let this be the last word and leave you be. Tough week. I think you need to adjust your expectations a bit. Tough times are ahead before we get back to good times.

Hahaha. Easy, friend. He went 11-5 with a QB who hardly even played in college. Who cares about the soft schedule ? He went 11-5 in the NFL with a green Cassel. That’s impressive.
What was the end result? That’s probably what we need to set our expectations for. Acting like he’s just going to take a cap-strapped and talent poor team right back there, because he’s BB, does a disservice to how hard it is to actually win. If people don’t reset their expectations, they’re going to want to run him out of town if/when the team falls back to the pack a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back