PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The state of GDT and postgame thread moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an MBA. What do you call soliciting money from the public in order to run a message board? I call it publicly funded. You think that’s private? Right as always. You’re brilliant.

Private versus public funding usually refers to the reporting requirements. Private individuals, who are members of the public, can fund a venture that is both a private or public. The private or public label usually refers to the government requirements to publicly disclose the company's financials (public company) versus no public disclosure requirements (private company).

How dare you!!!!!

Why the hell are we losing all these moments we can never get back?

I got permanently banned from reddit for "homophobia" by making a light hearted sack or ball joke about Carl Nassib. The mods here seem pretty fair since I've made similar jokes, including moments ago after he got a sack, without issue. So I'm kinda surprised to hear posts are getting deleted in the game thread. I posted there today and didn't see anything outlandish before getting deleted. Even if something like "fire Belichick this guy sucks" is silly, I would hope those types aren't getting deleted.

I agree, but the "BB sucks" and "TB12 versus BB" comments (and threads) always seem to be the same posters and it is more than tiring. Trolling, IMO, is not something line "fire Belichick this guy sucks" but some posters say that over and over and over - at some point it is trolling and I do not mind banning that poster temporarily.

feel free to hit me up for a therapy session if you feel that you have been treated unfairly I am really good at helping people with a victim mentality

I agree, but the "BB sucks" and "TB12 versus BB" comments (and threads) always seem to be the same posters and it is more than tiring. Trolling, IMO, is not something line "fire Belichick this guy sucks" but some posters say that over and over and over - at some point it is trolling and I do not mind banning that poster temporarily.

There are homers.
There are Eeyores.
There are people in the middle.

That's how it's supposed to be. That's how it's been for more than 15 years.

feel free to hit me up for a therapy session if you feel that you have been treated unfairly I am really good at helping people with a victim mentality

How about those with superiority and or god complexes?

Private versus public funding usually refers to the reporting requirements. Private individuals, who are members of the public, can fund a venture that is both a private or public. The private or public label usually refers to the government requirements to publicly disclose the company's financials (public company) versus no public disclosure requirements (private company).
You’re talking about a company. I’m talking about a message board. This board is publicly funded. I.E., crowd sourced. I had assumed that most people were bright enough to know that, but I guess I’m expecting too much.

Just learned from this thread that my tax money is funding Patsfans. Why am I even donating?
Yeah. That’s it. Are you still a virgin?

Just learned from this thread that my tax money is funding Patsfans. Why am I even donating?
Realy? Patsfans isn't here to make money for cripes sake.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
What a dumb hill to die on. You know you're wrong, everyone else knows you're wrong, what is the point?
I am? Let’s retrace the post history..

It isn’t a public message board. It’s a privately ran and funded forum on the public internet. This isn’t a public utility paid for with tax dollars. There are plenty of other watering holes to piss in on the internet for the chronically negative.

The bold is important. If it was privately funded, Ian would be assuming 100% of the costs for running the board. He isn’t. Our donations go toward that. Hence…

I have an MBA. What do you call soliciting money from the public in order to run a message board? I call it publicly funded. You think that’s private? Right as always. You’re brilliant.

The whole conversation about public vs private was just a way to move the goal posts. We’re not talking about a company. We’re talking about a message board. It’s publicly funded. It used to be privately funded until Ian solicited donations to help run it.., from the public.

I guess they give MBA's to anyone these days if you think people paying for something makes it publicly funded

I guess they give MBA's to anyone these days if you think people paying for something makes it publicly funded
Because we’re talking about a company? Or are we talking about a message board?

You’re talking about a company. I’m talking about a message board. This board is publicly funded. I.E., crowd sourced. I had assumed that most people were bright enough to know that, but I guess I’m expecting too much.

I assume the PatsFans message board is a company. Ian can write off part of his home office, expenses, etc. Being a company does not mean the message board is profitable, it simply means Ian can take advantage of small business tax considerations. And it is a private company.

He should be the poster boy for spending the much money on an MBA

I assume the PatsFans message board is a company. Ian can write off part of his home office, expenses, etc. Being a company does not mean the message board is profitable, it simply means Ian can take advantage of small business tax considerations. And it is a private company.
Even if it's not formed within a corporate shield, it's still a private company. If the bar for being a public company was that you received money from the public, private companies or ventures wouldn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back