PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The season is over: Bears a "team of destiny" apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Belichick believes that most battles are won or lost before they begin, based on how well prepared the team is.

Lovie Smith just SHOWED us that his team is no longer a superbowl contender. Period.

Even my wife was saying the other week that 'The Bears have peaked way to early.'

As far as the media and their little 'teams of destiny', look no further than 2003. The Titans were the team of destiny with McNair being Co-MVP, of course it goes without saying that the Dolts were the team of destiny.

Brett Favre was leading the NFC team of destiny, because his father died. Than the Eagles were the team of destiny because they had almost been there before.

Then the Panthers were the team of destiny because they were the new '2001 Patriots', but on steriods. :D

At the end of the day, this crap never works.

As far as I am concerned, the Bears have already lost the battle for the Vince Lombardi trophy, with this serious gaff by Lovie Smith.

NE in 2001 was a team of destiny. Patten's fumble that wasn't. Brady's fumble that wasn't. A tipped pass on third down against the Jets that fluttered and settled right between the defenders into Brown's hands on the drive that scored the winning FG. Blocked FG returned for a TD. Patriots in the year of 9/11. An immaculate reception by Brown for a TD against the Falcons. The greatest kick there ever was. The SB being held in the Superdome for the 3rd time, with the other two hosting an unlikely Pats team.

See it works sometimes. ;) :singing: :rocker:

But it won't for the Bears.

Oswlek said:
NE in 2001 was a team of destiny. Patten's fumble that wasn't. Brady's fumble that wasn't. A tipped pass on third down against the Jets that fluttered and settled right between the defenders into Brown's hands on the drive that scored the winning FG. Blocked FG returned for a TD. Patriots in the year of 9/11. An immaculate reception by Brown for a TD against the Falcons. The greatest kick there ever was. The SB being held in the Superdome for the 3rd time, with the other two hosting an unlikely Pats team.

See it works sometimes. ;) :singing: :rocker:

But it won't for the Bears.

Yeah, but you didn't see BB running around saying we were a team of destiny. I can't even picture it.

Question: Do you feel like your Pats are a team of Destiny this year?

Belichick: Team of Destiny? I mean, I just hope we can play better against the Bills this week, I mean, a strip sack two minutes into the game, tipped passes, letting them run through our defense. I mean, I can't comment on how the stars will align or anything like that. I think we need to prepare for a good Buffalo team that will be playing with a lot of motivation this week, they are a dangerous team with an explosive offense.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Question: Do you feel like your Pats are a team of Destiny this year?

Belichick: Team of Destiny? I mean, I just hope we can play better against the Bills this week, I mean, a strip sack two minutes into the game, tipped passes, letting them run through our defense. I mean, I can't comment on how the stars will align or anything like that. I think we need to prepare for a good Buffalo team that will be playing with a lot of motivation this week, they are a dangerous team with an explosive offense.

Ah..askgha..Playoffs? What are you talking about? Playoffs?! Are you kidding me? PLAYOFFS?!

I just hope we can win a game!

BTW, Bill, the Bills did *not* have and explosive offense in 2001.

2006, 2001, it don't matter.

Belichick would answer about the same. He might even re-use his own material, just for the benefit of the media! ;)

Bears won the game with their D --- their D's turnovers. That won't happen every week. It reminded me of the way Denver beat us in January. Play the game again next week and there probably won't be so many turnovers, but they DID happen in the game, and when Urlacher forces a fumble I have to think there was some skill involved. (Didn't actually see the game!)

Pats726 said:
The Chicago media has been winning the Superbowl for weeks...believe all the hype...team of destiny...that was some pitiful showing at the end...from the Cardinals who may be falling even more to the regs, who started teh whole collapse..The other NFL teams waiting saw how normal the Bears are..I think the only destiny is they will NOT win the big one..tyhey are beatable!!

Yup, i was listening to ESPN radio and a Chicago sports reporter was spewing stuff about how the bears were destined to go 16-0 and the Superbowl was theirs. I almost swerved off the road!! Did he not watch the game? they were manhandled by a weak Cardinals team for 3 quarters and had NO offensive TDs!! whatever!

Jay

shakadave said:
Bears won the game with their D --- their D's turnovers. That won't happen every week. It reminded me of the way Denver beat us in January. Play the game again next week and there probably won't be so many turnovers, but they DID happen in the game, and when Urlacher forces a fumble I have to think there was some skill involved. (Didn't actually see the game!)

Urlacher was the 4th guy in on the play where three other defenders had stopped James and were holding him up. Urlacher was then able to run over, use both his hands to grab James' right arm and rip it away from the ball.

The strongest man on Earth would have fumbled in that situation. The whistle should have blown.

Watched that game last night. Grossman was atrocious. They seem like a team that thrives on the big play. Take that away and they are very beatable. They also can't run the ball either. Not as worried about the game come November now.

Arizona was just as bad. And I'm not talking about the fumbles. How mant FS penalties?? All those avoidable penalties killed those drives.

Leinart looked great. Play calling was excellent for the most part IMO. Rolling the kid out, using the shot gun formation. They should have won the game. I feel bad for him and their defense they played the best game of the year.
He drove into FG territory against the "best" defense in the NFL.

Oswlek said:
The Bears are still the best team in the league right now. Their offense was pitiful yesterday, but it isn't that bad. And their D is still a game changing force.

Nonetheless, I think that Carolina and Philly both match up well with Chicago right now to the point that I would be surprised if Chicago beat either of them, home or away. Chicago has a run D to die for, but I still don't believe in their pass D. A team that has a dynamic player at either QB or WR can dominate them. They had no answer for Boldin and I think that Smith and McNabb would give them fits as well. Both Carolina and Philly have defenses that could stop the Bears as well.

I have a feeling that NE will beat them, but only because I trust NE's passing game to improve. As currently constituted, NE would have trouble scoring 10 points on Chicago without some key turnovers.
No...no they are not the best team in the league by any means. They have a schedule of junk teams and they should have lost to one of the junk teams last night. The Cards choked and Grossman played like ****. I am sick of the bandwagon for Grossman, he is getting major attention right now, he just proved why he is a mediocore QB last night. Sure Tom Brady has had 4 INT games but I remember some of those games he also threw 3 TD's. Grossman did nothing, the ground game did nothing. It looked like the usual Bears offense but worse.

The Broncos are better. The Colts are better(even with that humorous run defense), The Patriots are better. There are a bunch of better teams. The Bears hype is crap. I think we will win and Grossman will be intercepted a few times.

You know whats great even though I dont care too much for stats...

Grossman had a 100.something qb rating going into last night
Brady has an 82.6 or something. 1 game and Grossman drops behind Brady. Gotta love that ****.

i really hope that we will face the 'team of destiny' in the next Super Bowl...

incredible...: they won only due to the fact that they had in front the Arizona Cardinals...

shame on ARI that was , again, unable to 'close' the game earlier

i start to dislike a lot the Bears (ok - i never loved them expecially after 1985...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back