PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pro Day Thread

Odell's cousin Terron Beckham had a monster pro day:

Doesn't play football, apparently he's a personal trainer but there were some teams present at his pro day. He's 5-11, 230lbs.

I hope we draft the German and stash him on IR for a year
We already have 2 Germans, why not get another one. I do worry about these workout warriors though. I remember the Jaguars drafted some 6'4" former QB trying to become a WR, he had ridiculous combine/pro day numbers, and got drafted in the 1st round. Can't remember his name, but he wound up being a terrible player.

Sure but workout warriors aint translate into playing QB. Beckham could become a nice WR/RB/FB etc.
The German reminds me of Ali Marpet last year, BUT if BB can turn a wrestler into a guard, ill bet he can do something with both Beckham and Boehringer. And with all those picks on the hand, why not?

We already have 2 Germans, why not get another one. I do worry about these workout warriors though. I remember the Jaguars drafted some 6'4" former QB trying to become a WR, he had ridiculous combine/pro day numbers, and got drafted in the 1st round. Can't remember his name, but he wound up being a terrible player.

Matt Jones. He failed because he was a cokehead. Not likely a direct correlation.

Matt Jones. I think his coke habit (both using and dealing) was the biggest problem setting him back.

Sure but workout warriors aint translate into playing QB. Beckham could become a nice WR/RB/FB etc.
The German reminds me of Ali Marpet last year, BUT if BB can turn a wrestler into a guard, ill bet he can do something with both Beckham and Boehringer. And with all those picks on the hand, why not?

Jamie Collins was a disappointment in college, but he had athleticism out the wazzou (and I suspect possibly a learning disability) and the right attitude. And BB turned him into all-pro. I know it isn't a perfect analogy. But if Beckham has the right attitude to go with that athleticism...wow. BB and Co. are the best teachers in the business. They would get the guy's full potential out of him.

A reminder that RB Devontae Booker is having his own pro day on Monday in Sacramento, according
to Gil Brandt. The only RB I would consider at 60/61 is Derrick Henry, but if Booker shows that he is completely recovered from his meniscus tear, then he is absolutely in the conversation at 91/96. His
fumbling will remain an issue of course, but like Jai Ajayi last year for Miami, he could become a 3-down
RB for us.

Last edited:
Re: LSU linebacker Deion Jones' pro day

A reminder that RB Devontae Booker is having his own pro day on Monday in Sacramento, according
to Gil Brandt. The only RB I would consider at 60/61 is Derrick Henry, but if Booker shows that he is completely recovered from his meniscus tear, then he is absolutely in the conversation at 91/96. His
fumbling will remain an issue of course, but like Jai Ajayi last year for Miami, he could become a 3-down RB for us.

I think Mike Reiss thinks Booker will be the pick.

I would wait until 91/96 before choosing a RB; there should be a lot of good ones still available there.

I would use 60/61 on a combination of LTs Spriggs or LeRaven Clark, WRs Shepherd, Miller or Boyd,
DE Shilique Calhoun or DT Robert Nkemdiche. Only if Derek Henry were available at 60/61 would I
use that pick on a RB.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back