PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pro Day Thread

Impressive for a 6'1 guy. Although he didn't even play at all last year and has some character concerns/red flags

Pencil him in as one our 6th rounders perhaps.

Belichick and Patricia at Georgia pro day. Jordan Jenkins?

Daniel Braverman's pro day results:

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.47 seconds
Vertical: 28 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 9 feet, 4 inches
Short shuttle: 4.2 seconds
3-cone: 6.86 seconds
Bench: 10 reps of 225 pounds

Nothing particularly special although that's a good 40 time.

So he's 6'4" nearly, 234lbs, ran a 6.49 3-cone and now....

He didn't look anywhere near that fast at the combine, though. I take pro day 40s with a grain of salt. Even so, I think he's got sufficient speed to operate in the NFL. Will be interesting to see where he goes, and if he stays at WR.

He didn't look anywhere near that fast at the combine, though. I take pro day 40s with a grain of salt. Even so, I think he's got sufficient speed to operate in the NFL. Will be interesting to see where he goes, and if he stays at WR.

He's a move TE as far as I'm concerned, although he needs to improve as a blocker. He's a Better Tim Wright or Joseph Fauria. He makes some amazing catches.

Apparently Reynolds had a 1.49 10 yard split which is smokingly quick.

I love Reynolds and really hope bb grabs him in he sixth. With him and drake from Alabama, you have 2 super versatile offensive playmakers.

I don't know anything about him, but BB does like athletic guys from Marshall.

QUOTE="manxman2601, post: 4588414, member: 29179"]I don't know anything about him, but BB does like athletic guys from Marshall.

[/QUOTE]

He's a very good blitzer. I think he'd fit in well on special teams, but I'm not sure he'd break the rotation at safety, and at 5'11 210 he's a bit small for LB. I think he duplicates what Chung brings to the table, but at a lower level of competition. Might be worth a late round pick, though, if BB liked what he saw when scouting Roberts last year.

Any news on how Keith Marshall did at the Georgia Pro Day?? Especially since he didn't run any of the agility tests at the Combine...

Shane Vereen did a 4.28 and 6.95. Ridley did 4.21 and 6.78. With no 4th, I might gamble at 96. Provided, I already have my T and WR.

I'd rather have Jonathan Williams with that 3rd personally. But if Williams is off the board, then maybe so. Would rather nab him on day three with a trade back. Like your Vereen and Ridley comparables though.

I'd rather have Jonathan Williams with that 3rd personally. But if Williams is off the board, then maybe so. Would rather nab him on day three with a trade back. Like your Vereen and Ridley comparables though.

It's more than fair to say Williams will be a better player in the NFL. I just think Marshall will be really good if healthy. A big IF.

Interesting pro day results, from NFL.com. Anyone seen any game tape of Zimmer? Absolutely phenomenal athlete for a 300 LB man. He sounds like he's made up, haha. Suspiciously good numbers.

Ferris State defensive tackle Justin Zimmer -- 6-2 5/8, 302 -- ran the 40 in 4.88 and 4.85 seconds. He had a 32-inch vertical and 9-foot-9 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.4 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.01 seconds. Zimmer put the bar up an astonishing 44 times on the bench press (the top number at this year's combine was 34, posted by Arizona State's Christian Westerman). Zimmer had a great workout at the pro day, and could be a free-agent possibility for a team following the draft.

Edit: Found a highlight tape. It's not every snap, so take it with a grain of salt, but man . . . he looks pretty explosive.

Interesting pro day results, from NFL.com. Anyone seen any game tape of Zimmer? Absolutely phenomenal athlete for a 300 LB man. He sounds like he's made up, haha. Suspiciously good numbers.

Ferris State defensive tackle Justin Zimmer -- 6-2 5/8, 302 -- ran the 40 in 4.88 and 4.85 seconds. He had a 32-inch vertical and 9-foot-9 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.4 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.01 seconds. Zimmer put the bar up an astonishing 44 times on the bench press (the top number at this year's combine was 34, posted by Arizona State's Christian Westerman). Zimmer had a great workout at the pro day, and could be a free-agent possibility for a team following the draft.

Edit: Found a highlight tape. It's not every snap, so take it with a grain of salt, but man . . . he looks pretty explosive.

Similar numbers to Kristjan Sokoli last year who I got excited about. Nice find.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back