PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Practice squad forum

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I am not here to make any personal attacks on the people who run this site. I simply want to state my opinion. It is on the logic of having this kind of forum as part of Patsfans.com. First I want to post the reasoning of Ian himself so we can discuss those reasons.

"There has been too much "doom & gloom" along with posts that are dragging down the main forum, so this forum is created to give some of those people a place to talk about those discussions, and also gain a little more experience before coming back into the main forum. It's going to be a long season, and I'm getting a lot of complaints about this. As a matter of fact, it's irritating me as well having to read day in and day out how much this player or that player is "overrated" or "sucks". It's just getting to be too much, and it needs to end. If it continues with individual posters they will lose their ability to start new threads, and they could also potentially be confined here."

I agree with this. While i agree we should not have valueless negative emotional post or troll post over populating the main forum and dragging down what I think is a very good forum. I do worry we may turn posting into a popularity contest. Meaning if post are not positive or agreed to by most people they could end up here. While it is up to the owner of this site to run it as they please I do worry about this.

If we want this site to be as good as it can be I think this requires open discussion as well as ability to have unpopular opinions and thoughts. That doesn't mean post things which are obviously negative to get shock value or trolling for replies. It doesn't mean just making post that have no substance but negative anger. However it does mean if you have an honest opinion on the Pats and express it in a way that demonstrates such we should not simply move the post off the main board and here cause people don't like what you said. I don't think that is in the spirit of what this site should be or what this practice squad forum was made for.

I hope it is not used for those reasons in the future.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back