PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats run is over.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Pa Patriot mentioned on an earlier thread that there was a huge

offseason ahead. I fully agree with his assessment. I think the offseason

will affect both the short and long term future of the team. We have

lost a lot of talent the last two years including Patten, Givens, Branch, Poole,

Law, McGinest, Phifer, and T. Johnson. Out talent loss is starting to

show. I think that we should open our wallets and re-sign Samuel and

Graham. Then, we should add a good free agent linebacker or two to

replenish our threadbare linebacking corps. With luck our draft will

also supply a couple of 2007 contributers. Maybe, if we are more aggressive

with our approach to free agency, we can prolong the run.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the end is here. Just like all good teams that had runs, it has to end (some quickly, some die a slow death). Face it, we really don't have a great team. We were totally outmatched in SD, but Marty ball and stupid mistakes kept us in it. We had a monster lead in Indy, and got beat up and down the field in the 2nd half. The ONLY reason we stayed in it was because of Indy's terrible kick coverage. We started every series close to midfield!

I know everyone wants to cry about the officials, but come on..... has any team benefited more from bad officiating more then us? Honestly, we wouldn't have went to two SB's if it weren't for the officials. If we can't get home field, then we're done. That's our real advantage. Indy dominated us in the 2nd half. They've learned how to win ugly like us.

I think we should start rebuilding. This patchwork team is about the 6th best in the AFC if you look at it realistically.

flame away........

Forever gets shorter all the time.:D

Finally, someone on here that isn't blind.

Did you know that the Colts only have 18 players on this team that was on their team that played us in the '04 Title game? I think that they've kept a better core. They're a young team (scary). I think this off season will be huge for both teams.
Just another Colts troll who neglects the numerous draft picks for the Patriots in 2007 as well as the abundant salary cap room at their disposal.

Do you not agree that we got lucky in the Oakland game? Rule or no rule, it was a once in a lifetime call.
We knew you were a troll, but now we know youk ar a Raider troll.

If you were a pats fan, you would know about the tuck rule because it was called against us earlier in the year vs the Jests. Once in a life time. Okay Fader.

So what happened to the Raiders? Will they suck forever or just for the next fifty years?

:wha:

I thought I was a Chargers fan????

We have numerous picks, but we are notoriously cheap....
I never stated you were a Chargers fan. However, I have definitely stated that you are a TROLL!

he is a major troll get use to it we are not going anywhere as long as Bob Kraft owns the team every year we will be in contention!!!

Unfortunately, the end is here. Just like all good teams that had runs, it has to end (some quickly, some die a slow death). Face it, we really don't have a great team. We were totally outmatched in SD, but Marty ball and stupid mistakes kept us in it. We had a monster lead in Indy, and got beat up and down the field in the 2nd half. The ONLY reason we stayed in it was because of Indy's terrible kick coverage. We started every series close to midfield!

I know everyone wants to cry about the officials, but come on..... has any team benefited more from bad officiating more then us? Honestly, we wouldn't have went to two SB's if it weren't for the officials. If we can't get home field, then we're done. That's our real advantage. Indy dominated us in the 2nd half. They've learned how to win ugly like us.

I think we should start rebuilding. This patchwork team is about the 6th best in the AFC if you look at it realistically.

flame away........
*sniff* *sniff* I smell troll...

The lame-o screen name gives you away troll.

I'm not referring to the rule if it's called correctly. I'm talking about the actual call during the game. Ask anyone other then us, and they will say it was a bad call at a terrible time. You just don't make that call in that game. I don't know how many times you watched the replay, but it was incredibly lucky.

and I can't stand the Raiders.

Wait, so you're acknowledging that it was the right call based on the rule (which it was), but you're still saying it's lucky?

People may hate the rule but it's still the right call. I've seen it called the same way in games since.

so are the chargers but everyone knows the pats philosophy has been to build through the draft not FA like the ******ed redskins keep trying, why do you think sd copied the pats front office philosophy? because it's worked

No, I'm saying that the rule was not meant to be used to make a call like that. The competition committee even met to discuss it because it was such a bad use of the rule. However, the teams desire to protect the QB's is more important then trying to further define the rule.

How does that rule have anything to do with protecting QB's? The QB is going to get hit regardless of whether it is a fumble or an incomplete pass. If he didn't the rule wouldnt even come into play.

The reason for the rule is to prevent refs from having to figure out the intent of the quarterback, whether he is planning to throw or pump fake. Mistakes are more likely to happen when refs have to make judgement calls and try to determine the intent of a player, so the league says "lets just call it the same way everytime to try to make it easier."

The rule has been called before the competition committee several times since, and guess what, it has been kept everytime. Clearly the NFL is sure that the positives of it out weigh the negatives.

Y'know how you can allocate players to NFL europe? Why don't we allocate the whole Patriots organization to Europe, because we can't compete!

:D

Y'know how you can allocate players to NFL europe? Why don't we allocate the whole Patriots organization to Europe, because we can't compete!

:D

There is a limit to the number of players you can send. ;)

Wow. This is about as quick as i've seen a troll basically 'out' himself.....pretty much with his first post!!

I wonder if 'forvever' lasts into double digit posts?

NM

Last edited:
I'm not referring to the rule if it's called correctly. I'm talking about the actual call during the game. Ask anyone other then us, and they will say it was a bad call at a terrible time. You just don't make that call in that game. I don't know how many times you watched the replay, but it was incredibly lucky.

and I can't stand the Raiders.

Of course you must have missed the blow to the head that preceded the strip??

Also, if you don't like that call, then surely you must not have liked the PI on Hobbs in the AFCG?? Or, if you did like that call then you must not have liked the non call in the end zone on Caldwell??

Or why don't you just admit - you don't like the Patriots and thats OK too because i sure as hell don't like you and I don't even know you.

You don't feel that we got lucky in SD? You don't feel that we were dominated in Indy? You don't feel that we got lucky to play (much less win) in two Superbowls? You don't feel that our defense is getting old? You don't feel that we've lost too many valuable players? You don't feel that the other teams feel that we are no longer invincible? You don't feel that Indy has always had the better team, but we just were lucky to play them at home and get the benefit of the refs?

That's all I'm asking.

OK fair enough

Nope, Nope, Nope, Yes (no one gets younger), Nope, We never assumed they did but I can understand why Charger fans think we're invincible, not by a longshot and Nope.

Do you really intend on continuing this charade in the hopes of finding someone on this board who knows less about the Patriots than you do?

Keep it up because you're making us all feel pretty damn superior!

Umm, Chargers fans DO understand that the salaries for draft picks are pretty cut and dried, don't they?

Once the #1 pick is signed to a contract everything else pretty much follows suit. The only Patriot MO was related to length of contract but the new CBA addresses that so its a non-issue now.

While the Patriots ARE likely to trade down to turn a 1st round pick into 2 starters from the 2nd round, that's not being cheap, that's being smart - finding quality and quantity and most importantly value in the draft.

Does any of this sound familiar too you as a someone who has been a Pats Fan Forever - or at the very least one day? (welcome to the forum by the way). Do Chargers fans even know ANYTHING about how the Patriots have built their dynasty?

Here's a trivia question for you - Is there any team that has been more successful than the Patriots over the last 6 years?

Oh and Chargers fans DO realize that the Tuck Rule was CAREFULLY reviewed before and after the 2001 season, when it was clearly determined that not only was it applied correctly in the Patriots game, but that it should not be changed and exists to this day exactly as it was in 2001.

Every Patriots fan knows this - I'm guessing a little issue like that slipped by fans of teams that, sadly enough, need to attempt to disparage other teams to better appreciate their own teams with excessive choking tendencies.

Last edited:
No, I'm saying that the rule was not meant to be used to make a call like that. The competition committee even met to discuss it because it was such a bad use of the rule. However, the teams desire to protect the QB's is more important then trying to further define the rule.

The rules committee met because the league is overly reactionary to the latest trend. Roy Williams of Dallas injures T.O. with the horsecollar tackle while Philly is on a Super Bowl run and they change the rules regarding the horsecollar tackle the following offseason although there was only one player in the league that it was a problem. The Pats and Panthers play overly physical in their coverage in the conference championships and the rules committee decide to make the 5 yard chuck rule a point of emphasis. Carson Palmer blows out his knee in the playoffs when Kimo Von Olhoffen hits him below the knee and the league create a rule that you can't hit a QB below the knee.

The fact that it has been five years since the tuck rule game and the league hasn't changed a single letter of the tuck rule means that the rule was applied correctly in that case and has been applied the same way before and after Brady was hit by Woodson. In fact, the Pats were on the other end of that same exact situation earlier that season when Vinny Testeverde had both hand on the ball, but he hadn't tucked the ball to his body when I think Willie McGinest stripped it.

By the way, you are such a good Pats fan and you have eight posts and they are all about how the Pats were lucky and the run is over and it is time to rebuild. If I was cynical, I would think you were a troll posing as a Pats fan. But I actually believe you are just a concerned Pats fan worried about his favorite team.

Who ever said the Pats were cheap. Both Brady and Seymour are one of the highest paid players at their position. In fact, over the course of Seymour's extension, he is the highest paid d-lineman in history. Corey Dillon has a nice contract. So does Colvin and Vabrel. Dan Koppen is one of the highest paid center in the league. Matt Light is paid well. Jarvis Green as a back up got a deal that was at the time more than a lot of starters at his position. In 2004, Ty Law was one of two or three highest paid players in the league that year.

The Pats are far from cheap. They are just not like a lot of other teams that are going to overpay for replacible talent. Yeah, they could have paid Vinatieri, but they got a cheaper replacement who was better than what Vinatieri gave us last year. Seattle paid Branch top 7 WR money to be their #3 WR. The Pats knoew he was a good WR, but clearly not worth the money he got. Neither were Givens (who was already becoming a bust in Tennessee before he got injured), McGinest, Law, Milloy, Woody, Andruzzi, and a whole host of other players that they chose not to keep because their value didn't match up to their contracts or contract demands.

The tuck rule applied in the Oakland game was terrible. You believe it was a good call? Honestly?

Honestly, I'm just thankful that you are a PatsFan forever. We know you will be rooting on the team in the finale next season when they are about to go 1-15. We need more people like you I say.

ok, sarcasm aside. You made your point. We all now know that you have too little time on your hands. Now please return to Indystar. Your attempt to steal ManningsArmy's very original idea has failed.

I have given your Colts all the credit in the world for winning the AFCC. It's tempting to sit here and make excuses but the bottom line is after watching the AFCC and the Colts win over a not very good Bears team, we all know the Colts championship is as flawed as any in recent years. Now please go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents