PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Patriots vs. The Jests Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it's karma. I never like to mess with karma.

I understand but there was no way the Jets were going to win by playing smart, strategic ball with so little time left. This is what separates BB from the rest of the league. He doesn't draft talent, he drafts football smarts. Marshall recovers the onside kick but doesn't have the presence of mind to get behind the LOS before the spike, so he lost the game for them.

Whose fault is that? The Jets knew what they were getting in Marshall; top end talent but low football IQ. That is how they chose to roll the dices.

Are you sure you read here alot? I thought that was par negativity.
yeah, i thought this was worse considering that the jest almost always play us tough the amount of doom and gloom so and so sucks was worse than usual.
The o-line is banged up and playing against one of the best fronts in football.
Butler has been playing really well, his name was even mentioned as a pro bolw candidate. he has a rough game against a bigger strong reciever and now hes a bum.
LaFell hasn't played in a game since last year and is rusty, but he sucks, etc. Its a what have you done for me in the last five minutes mentality.

Coleman can play in this league. Impressive game for a rookie. Butler with a big step back today.

Butler
Ryan
Coleman

Is that group good enough to win it all? The trade deadline is less than 10 days away. Let's see what the coaches think.

Pats held tough on a rough day.

Was it that rough? They're not going to win every game 56-0. I think they played pretty well, had a couple of bad breaks, that's about it. It WAS the #1 defense in the NFL, and the Jets DID bring in a top 10 offense.

Jets couldn't run the ball for ****, and in the end barely threw for 50%. Defense had a good day, IMO. Offense had a great 2nd half.

I don't know what else you'd want.

Was it that rough? They're not going to win every game 56-0. I think they played pretty well, had a couple of bad breaks, that's about it. It WAS the #1 defense in the NFL, and the Jets DID bring in a top 10 offense.

Jets couldn't run the ball for ****, and in the end barely threw for 50%. Defense had a good day, IMO. Offense had a great 2nd half.

For the offense to not drop 100 balls I guess.

We are on to Miami, who seem to have improved..

Did we provide the blue print on how to beat Indianapolis??.. after the AFC Championship beat down, they have been exposed..

No, they sucked before they played us too. Colts are now 3-0 vs. the AFC South, 0-4 against the rest of the league.

Good win though the one on Thursday is just as important.

I disagree. Hanging the 2nd loss on the Jets is far more important than hanging the 4th loss on the Squish. The Jets schedule is easy for the next several weeks, so it's great to open a 2 game lead on them.

The secondary has me concerned. LBs and line covering some issues. Gotta figure out something there.

For the offense to not drop 100 balls I guess.

That'd be nice. Considering they did drop 100 balls, wouldn't that make the Patriots overall performance more impressive?

Lol was every win back in 03-04 pretty? Remember beating the Browns 12-6?

Jets are a great team. Rough day mostly for the wr's and butler. A day like this when they aren't executing fully for a game and against a really good team was needed. Harder on the fans but beneficial for the team.

That'd be nice. Considering they did drop 100 balls, wouldn't that make the Patriots overall performance more impressive?
Sure, but I don't think it's a stretch to say this was a "rough" game.

The secondary has me concerned. LBs and line covering some issues. Gotta figure out something there.

Fitzpatrick ended up 22 of 39 for 295, and he was like 6 out of 7 for 60-something yard on the last 2 garbage drives from the Jets.

I'm not all that concerned. Decker and Marshall are really good receivers.

Every team but the Pats is loaded with 6'2" talented corners that they're looking to trade.

They threw Melvin in there briefly. BTW, what happened to the old Chung? He's a pretty decent coverage safety these days. Not excellent, but certainly not a liability for a strong safety [please don't tell me we don't have two types of safeties, I don't care how they're used].

Sure, but I don't think it's a stretch to say this was a "rough" game.

When you play against good teams, that's how things are going to go (a lot of the time).

Jets are a top 10 scoring offense. Not a bad game from the D considering. They pretty much locked them down in the 2nd half again.

Edelman is as tough as they come, but he is dealing with something right now. Lefell looked every bit the guy who has not played in 7+ months.

Gronk and Brady are simply the best players at thier respective posititions

Game ball - Danny Amendola - clutch - this team is building depth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back