PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The one thing I don't want to see happen right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In 2007, BB activated David Thomas off PUP near the cutdowns, rather than keep him on PUP. Unfortunately, Thomas quickly reinjured himself, and ended up on IR—but not before the Pats had to cut another player to keep Thomas.

All I'm hoping is that if somehow Slater escapes IR today, that he doesn't end up there without making any contributions to the team. [Please note: it won't be his fault if that happens, but I just hope that if BB decides to "gamble" that way, it works out better than it did with Thomas.]

That elbow looked pretty monk'd up. He's going to IR, imo.

A foot injury is not easy to really judge..and I think that gamble was just one of those things...I think Slater's injury is a BIT clearer...it looked bad and I think unless they really know he may be on the field in a short window he will be IRed.
Also when one is moving about in normal life, a foot injury is a lot easier to be made worse than an arm injury....Just the way it is...I think Slater follows Bussey to IR.

In 2007, BB activated David Thomas off PUP near the cutdowns, rather than keep him on PUP. Unfortunately, Thomas quickly reinjured himself, and ended up on IR—but not before the Pats had to cut another player to keep Thomas.

All I'm hoping is that if somehow Slater escapes IR today, that he doesn't end up there without making any contributions to the team. [Please note: it won't be his fault if that happens, but I just hope that if BB decides to "gamble" that way, it works out better than it did with Thomas.]

for some reason, with Thomas, I've had a hard time forgiving him for that unsportsmanlike conduct pen. against the colts last season.

As a partial excuse, I would point out that the Thomas play was not some useless penalty away from the ball. With his back to the ball, he continued his block as the key man at the point of attack. It would have been very good, had the play not ended behind him pre-maturely, by backside pursuit...

Get over it. ;)

As a partial excuse, I would point out that the Thomas play was not some useless penalty away from the ball. With his back to the ball, he continued his block as the key man at the point of attack. It would have been very good, had the play not ended behind him pre-maturely, by backside pursuit...

Get over it. ;)

I'm over, just saying.

Im pretty much the type of guy to make an excuse for any patriots pen. so it aint their fault. I just recall him shoving someone way after the play was over. Oh well, that was 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back