PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[THE OFFICIAL] This Is Going To Be 1 Long Ass Year Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [THE OFFICIAL] This Is Going To Be 1 Long Ass Year Thread.

Actually, it started back in last year's super bowl game.

And the nightmare continues in different twists and turns.

I will periodically check in on the Pats, but, this is going to be a long year.

I'll be watching every game, I haven't given up hope quite yet;) but otherwise I agree-it's been varying degrees of ugliness since last Feb.

To MoLewisRocks:

I am a real fan.

You don't know me.

You don't speak for me.

I just admit to the truth.

It is what it is.

I know that what you just posted here is tantemount to admitting you are a frontrunner bandwagon fan. That's all I need to know. It really is what it is.

Last edited:

Is this "long a** year" really any different than 2002? We came off a superbowl win, and we expected similiar results. Same goes for this year. We came off a great season, and had high expectations. I still think they'll pull it together in time for the playoffs.

Now If you were referring to it being a long a** season, because of all the crappy threads about how everyone sucks, and we shouldve drafted so n so, then I agree. :rolleyes:

I know that what you just posted here is tantemount to admitting you are a frontrunner bandwagon fan. That's all I need to know. It really is what it is.

nah... wrong.

I wish they would play better though.

We only get a few short years on this good earth.

Pats are one of my favorite things on it.

I'm going to enjoy the season the best I can.

With the injury status and play of the o-line i will be surprised if Cassel can even make it through the season without getting injured himself.

The surprising part of this, is the defense has just collasped this year! Though the offense moving the ball one out of every 5 possesions is not helping them any. It drives me nuts seeing a 3rd and 7 and 9 times out of ten having it be a dump pass for 3 yards.

I think alot of people on this site need to come to grips with this team just not being good this season. Maybe im just use to disapointment living in massachusetts my whole life, but i remember a whole lot worse times then this in these parts.

We only get a few short years on this good earth.

Pats are one of my favorite things on it.

I'm going to enjoy the season the best I can.

Ditto.

10chas

Yep. It ain't over yet, but it sure looks like this might be the kind of season that separates the fans from the bandwagoners. If the Pats can come out of the Colts game 5--3 at the halfway point, they have a reasonable shot at a 10--6 season, which should still put them in the Playoffs. But, they're going to have to play a lot better than last night for that to happen.

So, the OP is generally right. We haven't had a season like this in a long while; it's going to be interesting to see whom the Pats can count on in bad times. A lot of folks who "discovered" the Pats and the NFL after 2001 are starting to show their true colors on this board.

To MoLewisRocks:

I am a real fan.

You don't know me.

You don't speak for me.

It is what it is.

Sorry, if you are not drinking the koolaid, you are not a real fan. Apparently being a fan of a team excludes the ability to critisize.

Yep. It ain't over yet, but it sure looks like this might be the kind of season that separates the fans from the bandwagoners. If the Pats can come out of the Colts game 5--3 at the halfway point, they have a reasonable shot at a 10--6 season, which should still put them in the Playoffs. But, they're going to have to play a lot better than last night for that to happen.

So, the OP is generally right. We haven't had a season like this in a long while; it's going to be interesting to see whom the Pats can count on in bad times. A lot of folks who "discovered" the Pats and the NFL after 2001 are starting to show their true colors on this board.

Agree completely. The colors are running for other teams in our area like the successful red sox or the upcoming Celtics and Bruins seasons.

So we shall see what we have left come November and December.

it's just frustrating. this would be a little more bearable had we won the superbowl, but we didn't and this was suppose to be our year.

the past 4 years have been nothing but missed opportunities.

it is going to be a frustrating season because IMO i think Cassell will be middle of the pack. he will make just enough plays to stay the starter

and i do think they'll win next week. but lose the following.

i expect 9-7, 10-6 at this point.

they've regressed in terms of emotional fortitude and having letdowns following a victory.
Realistically, I don't think we should be disappointed just because we are not a Super Bowl contender every year. Sure, the defeat in SB42 was a major disappointment, but that was LAST year, and every year is different. We have been very lucky with Brady's ability to stay on the field - he had the 3rd longest streak (including playoffs) in history before he went down.

I remember following this team for 42 years before they won their first Super Bowl. When they finally did win in SB36, I pretty much agreed with Bill Simmon's classic page 2 article, "Now I Can Die in Peace". Then they went and won two more Super Bowls in the next 3 years, and have been a serious contender ever since, including last year's historic season - SB victory or not 18-0 is unprecedented, and pretty damn good.

I'm not saying I don't care if they ever win another Super Bowl, because I do, but jeez louise, let's keep some perspective here.

To MoLewisRocks:

I am a real fan.

You don't know me.

You don't speak for me.

It is what it is.

you should know by now...guys (or maybe its a girl I don't know) like MoLewis "Can't handle the truth" (in my best Jack Nicholson voice)......people like Mo are still seeing this team going 12-4........everything is going to be fine....Matt Cassel is getting better every week....once we get steve neal back our OL will be perfect.......McDaniels, Pees and Capers are doing a great job....no problems with the playcalling/coaching.......and lastly.....this team would be playing the same whether Brady OR Cassel were in there.....sheesh.....rose colored eyeglass alert!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots