PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OFFICIAL Patriots vs. Saints Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few items:

Joe Vellano - 8 tackles to lead the team.

Ridley ... 96 yards on 20 carries

Ryan Allen .... 4 punts .... 52.5 yard average.:eek:;)

Gostowski ... 54 yard FG that had enough on it to be a 60 yarder.

Jimmy Graham held to 0 catches

Drew Brees first loss to the Pats.

Only bad call I remember is the false start.

They gave Hooman that catch that hit the ground... but that play ending up being inconsequential.

They didn't award Brees the timeout or call a delay-of-game penalty on the Brees INT. I don't think this was an unfair call, but the Patriots were fortunate for the play to work out the way it did.

Mayo is out, Talib prob has a serious injury, and Amendola is a frekin sissy.

You're certainly an internet tough guy with the Amendola sissy comment. He may be injury prone, but how about you take a spear to the earhole and then we'll see how well you do. Completely ignorant post.

Ridley is unquestionably the best RB we have. I don't know how people question that.

On the field right now? I think one could argue Vereen is better.

We've got to admit that there were some very very questionable and downright wrong calls in that game. And, furthermore, more of them benefited the Pats. With that said, there could have been holding calls on the RT ALL damn game. Ninko was held all day long.

There were two that I saw: the absolutely ridiculous False Start penalty, and the almost as bad OPI call on Dobson. What other calls would you say were egregious?

dennard would have tipped the td pass to the te.....9 times outta 10

we won

bring on ryan #2

Yeah, I disagreed with the announcers on that one. Dennard made. Pretty decent play on the ball, and just wasn't able to bat it away. And Gregory was started to break right to help out on someone (Colston I think)- Brees read that as went to stills. If Gregory had immediately gone for stills, the pass would have one the other way. The way that he played it, he at least forced Brees to make a difficult throw on a play that Dennard can usually cover.

Fans have no common sense. Brady has a subpar completion percentage, and they blame him rather than the rookie receivers. Sure, he's had some off-the-mark passes, like every QB, but he didn't suddenly start sucking overnight. He loses Welker, Hernandez, Gronk, Woodhead, and Lloyd, then you people say he's the problem. Use your ******* brain.

Same question for you as for DB: how many drops per game will it take before you agree that he's dropping the ball at an unacceptable rate?

1 drop a game is an unacceptable rate.

The better question is how long does a player's talent warrant giving them more time before we imply they're a bust. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say more than 6 games.

When it came down to the wire, Brady delivered.

Our defense and Ryan Allen also played a massive part in our win.

Must suck to have no brain and not know what you are talking about. First post of the thread said nothing about doom and gloom. Neither did the 2nd. Only pointed out issues in the game. I suggest you take your head out of your own arse and realize how pathetically arrogant you sound attempting to say that my initial post was doom and gloom. People like yourself who can't be bothered with reading comprehension and have to react like total jerks are the issue.

I suggest you don't say anything to anyone going forward because you only make a fool of yourself when you do.
This post looks like something someone who had gave up on his team would post. McDaniels really needs to stop abandoning the parts of the game plan that work. Line the RUNNING GAME. Ridley was doing excellent and, instead of running the ball during when they were down by 1, they went with 4 straight passing attempts and got nothing. Also, the passing plays that they gave Brady stunk during that drive.

Mayo, Talib and Amendola getting hurt isn't good. The play where Amendola received the concussion, Bush should have been flagged because he led with his helmet and hit, helmet to helmet, which is against the rules this year.

The pass-blocking for Brady was bad and got worse when Cannon went in. Not sure what the deal was with him but he blew one so badly that it led directly to the Brady sack. The game was NOT over at the point. You STARTED the tread and this was your second post. ******* bandwagoner. Your type of fans make me sick, enjoy the Pats win.

I hope danny a id ok
head trauma is scary chit

1 drop a game is an unacceptable rate.

The better question is how long does a player's talent warrant giving them more time before we imply they're a bust. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say more than 6 games.
He dropped 3 balls today.

They gave Hooman that catch that hit the ground... but that play ending up being inconsequential.

They didn't award Brees the timeout or call a delay-of-game penalty on the Brees INT. I don't think this was an unfair call, but the Patriots were fortunate for the play to work out the way it did.

So they got away with a delay of game and that is somehow something that favors the Patriots? It was hiked when he went to do the TO anyway if you look at it. The attempted TO was after the clock ran out.

You're certainly an internet tough guy with the Amendola sissy comment. He may be injury prone, but how about you take a spear to the earhole and then we'll see how well you do. Completely ignorant post.

On the field right now? I think one could argue Vereen is better.

There were two that I saw: the absolutely ridiculous False Start penalty, and the almost as bad OPI call on Dobson. What other calls would you say were egregious?
So Vereen is better because he had two games in his career that he came through big? I think Vereen was drafted before Ridley, and yet it is Ridley who is consistently out there producing for us.

Ridley is better and more valuable until Vereen proves himself over the course of the season. I think SV has a ton of potential but I'm not putting him on a pedestal above Ridley.

We've got to admit that there were some very very questionable and downright wrong calls in that game. And, furthermore, more of them benefited the Pats. With that said, there could have been holding calls on the RT ALL damn game. Ninko was held all day long.

Yeah, the saints did get kinda shafted by the refs. Nowhere near to the point that conspiracy theories become plausible, but there were some really bad calls and this time they happened to go one way for the most part. It happens, and this forum has gone ballistic over less when the calls we're happening to go against us.

He dropped 3 balls today.

If you're talking about Dobson then 3 is incorrect.

1 will be recorded as a drop - the first play. The 4th down was at full stretch on a dive and I have no clue where you get a 3rd one from.

Yeah, the saints did get kinda shafted by the refs. Nowhere near to the point that conspiracy theories become plausible, but there were some really bad calls and this time they happened to go one way for the most part. It happens, and this forum has gone ballistic over less when the calls we're happening to go against us.

Agreed.

10char

So they got away with a delay of game and that is somehow something that favors the Patriots? It was hiked when he went to do the TO anyway if you look at it. The attempted TO was after the clock ran out.

Off the top of my head, they didn't give Brees a TO that he was clearly calling for, they gave Hooman a catch that clearly hit the ground, and they called a false start on a pivotal 4th and 1 that was pretty clearly a NFI against the Pats. But again, that's just part of the game. Every team has games where they get the calls and games where they get screwed, and there isn't much of anything that the team can do about it. Hopefully Pats fans remember this game next time a couple calls go against us, and refrain from claiming some cast anti-Pats conspiracy exists.

I think it's funny when some of our fans are under the impression that the refs are out to get us. It's just that refs have well called games and poorly called games, no real motives. If anything the officiating generally favors the Pats because admittedly guys like Brady and Manning do tend to get preferential treatment.

So Vereen is better because he had two games in his career that he came through big? I think Vereen was drafted before Ridley, and yet it is Ridley who is consistently out there producing for us.

Ridley is better and more valuable until Vereen proves himself over the course of the season. I think SV has a ton of potential but I'm not putting him on a pedestal above Ridley.

I didn't say Vereen was on a pedestal above Ridley, I said on could argue he is better. Meaning, their value to the team is in the same ballpark.

Let me just say this. I haven't been more emotionally invested in a regular season game like this in years.

This game was the one I marked on my calendar and to me was going to be the true measuring stick for this defense. It would answer all my questions if they were good enough to be elite. And they answered the bell in a big way. I know they are now legit and worthy to keep opponents down when they need to.

Everyone knew the offense would also have to step up and they did. Hey could be better without the drops but we will take it. Can't wait for Gronkowski to come back.

I'm tired of the injuries. I'd just like to see this team at full health and do everything they are capable of. Looking forward to the return of Kelly. Not so sure the Saints have the success running the ball up the middle they had if he was in there. Also looking forward to Armstead suiting up to see what he can do.

That hit on Amendola was bogus. Where was the flag? Someone will be a little less rich in the pocket I'm sure.

Holding Bree's to 236 yards and Graham to 0 catches was an incredible feat. I'm used to this team letting QBs like Henne, Fitzpatrick and Kolb throw for 400+. Oh yeah,forgot about Colaton 1 cat h 16 yards. Simply incredible.

It was good to see Collie get in there and make plays. I know many we're hoping for his retirement but what do we know? If Brady can put him in a position to make plays without getting hurt then I think he is a great signing. He sure was for this day.

Talib is amazing, I'm pretty sure if we knew what we had he would of been locked up long term before the start of training camp. Godspeed to a very quick recovery.

I thought the play calling by the coaches was very good for the most part. The one thing that continues to bother me is Blount getting Ridleys reps. To me it is counter active to the running effort.

Alright well that is enough for now. I'm riding pretty high for now knowing we have a good shot to make some real noise the rest of the season. If they can stop a team like the Saints with all these injuries what happens when they get healthy and go up against the broncos?

Last thought. I know they would of lost this game at New Orleans, but once healthy, I would be open to a rematch on a neutral field provided they are healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back