PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Redskins game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post you pre-game and during game keen observations, witty comments, knee jerk reaction, and rants on this thread. Please do not start other threads during the game.

With a win today the Patriots would virtually lock up the division. They have a 2 game lead over the Jets with the tie breaker, with 3 games to go after this one. So a win today this would end Rex Ryan's wet dream of winning the division.

Winning the division is the first goal of any team so it is important.:cool:

Let's hope for a good game with no injuries and a Patriots victory.

LETS GO PATS!!!

And to everyone else...

Nick%20n%20Fitzy%20puppet%20at%20shoot-145x113.jpg

... you know the rest.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a pass rush.

How's Washington's secondary? Most of the talk's been about the pass rush, regardless I haven't seen them play this year.

The GLobe had this, though I believe Landry is inactive:

Corners DeAngelo Hall (quick and fluid) and Josh Wilson (fast but small) are solid. Safeties LaRon Landry (he’s a rangy big hitter) and Safety Oshiomogho Atogwe (a speedy ball hawk) provides great support.

I'd like to see a pass rush.

This is the day for it, too, with LT Williams suspended and some FNG having to face Andre Carter. He'll get help, so I'm looking to see Anderson, Wilfork, and OldFNG Eric Moore coming-up with a sack each.

Last edited:
good luck to gronk!

Attachments

• gronk2.jpg
    gronk2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 403
With a win today the Patriots would virtually lock up the division. They have a 2 game lead over the Jets with the tie breaker, with 3 games to go after this one. So a win today this would end Rex Ryan's wet dream of winning the division.

According to NFLN on Thursday, a win today, coupled by a Jets loss would guarantee the Pats the division.. So let's go CHIEFS!!!!!

Gerard Warren and Mallett are the last two Patriots ruled out.

Does that mean Fletcher's back?

Okay, Fletcher's back.

G. Warren is a healthy scratch... which means Brace might be moving on up (we hope).

This is the day for it, too, with LT Williams suspended and some FNG having to face Andre Carter. He'll get help, so I'm looking to see Anderson, Wilfork, and OldFNG Eric Moore coming-up with a sack each.

Lets hope the Pats roll out a LOT of Carter, Anderson, Wilfork, and Love to start the game... I'd love to see the pats put up a ton of sacks today..

The Skins offense is missing a lot (Williams, Davis, Cooley, Hightower, Hankerson). but they still have a lot in Gaffney, Stallworh, Helu and Moss.

I think the Pats will see a steady stream of Roy Helu in an attempt to keep Brady off the field. It'll be up to the front 4 to hold him, otherwise it could be a long day..

Gerard Warren and Mallett are the last two Patriots ruled out.

Does that mean Fletcher's back?

Yes! Looking forward to seeing him out there.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS INACTIVES

(15) Ryan Mallett, QB
(25) Patrick Chung, FS
(34) Shane Vereen, RB
(55) Brandon Spikes, ILB
(63) Dan Connolly, G
(76) Sebastian Vollmer, T
(98) Gerard Warren, DT

WASHINGTON REDSKINS INACTIVES

(18) Terrence Austin, WR
(30) LaRon Landry, SS
(46) Ryan Torain, RB
(55) Markus White, LB
(58) Erik Cook, C/G
(92) Chris Baker, NT
(93) Kentwan Balmer, DE

Okay, Fletcher's back.

G. Warren is a healthy scratch... which means Brace might be moving on up (we hope).

Kinda surprised that they dressed E. Moore and benched Warren.. Why do I have the feeling we're gonna see a lot more 3-4 today than we have in the past...

I wonder if McDonald gets the start or does Wendell take over.. I thought McDonald played better than Wendell..

Lets hope the Pats roll out a LOT of Carter, Anderson, Wilfork, and Love to start the game... I'd love to see the pats put up a ton of sacks today..

The Skins offense is missing a lot (Williams, Davis, Cooley, Hightower, Hankerson). but they still have a lot in Gaffney, Stallworh, Helu and Moss.

I think the Pats will see a steady stream of Roy Helu in an attempt to keep Brady off the field. It'll be up to the front 4 to hold him, otherwise it could be a long day..

Replace "Helu" with "Welker" and that unit looks very familiar.

Replace "Helu" with "Welker" and that unit looks very familiar.

*LOL* Except that is SANATA Moss and not RANDY Moss..

little surprised with warren being deactive... he has been solid this year and last... but bill knows best

Sounds like Jammal Brown (Skins starting RT) just got hurt in warmups.

little surprised with warren being deactive... he has been solid this year and last... but bill knows best

Warren hasn't impressed me this year at all. If Brace is getting better, that'd be huge.

Not surprised that Eric Moore is active today. I think we'll be seeing a fair amount of snaps from him. He's always been a playmaker in one way or another. Hard-nosed and scrappy.

Happy to see him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey