PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Patriots vs Jags pre-season game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am enjoying the penetrating defense we are utilizing.. especially ...because we are not running anything complicated...... and Hoyer looks good enough ..to trade for a....2nd or 3rd pick ....:rocker:

Brady is over rated and becoming a PITA ...bench him...

Hoyer is looking like a very tradable commodity next year. If he is a RFA give him a good tender he could fetch a 1st or 2nd. He is too good to remain a backup.

It is very impressive the way he has developed/improved over the past few years, gone are the days of Bishop as a backup.

I would like to see some good thing from Mallett so he can assume the backup role next year.

Price creating a roster spot for himself, I already had Fletcher as a lock but he looks like he will earn a lot of PT this year. He has the sorts of instincts/smarts that reminds you of Bruschi, a nose for the ball.

Butler seems to be playing himself off the Team looking at the other CB, Dowling, Bodden, McCourty & Arrington as locks. Williams, Butler and Wilhite fighting for a spot.

Interested in seeing backup S this half too.

I'm most glad that guys who showed flashes last year (Price, Fletcher) are continuing to show development. This is HUGE. Many players have shown flashes before, then never progressed (or even regressed) before leaving the league shortly thereafter.

Shake and bake stevan ridley 8)

And just think back to the draft, how many posters were blasting this pick before they even saw this kid in camp! Looks like the Pats got a bargain. Tough, decisive runner who has surprisingly decent hands in the passing game as well. The Pats scouting department has to get its kudos. They look like they've gotten 3 good drafts in a row now - 2009, 2010, and 2011.

Never thought i'd see that on this board,,
well good then

19-9 halftime lead for the Pats. Hoyer has looked pretty good. So does this mean we're gonna see Mallet in the second half? Price and Slater have also looked good on offense. Where's Edelman and Tate though?

Hoyer is looking like a very tradable commodity next year. If he is a RFA give him a good tender he could fetch a 1st or 2nd. He is too good to remain a backup.

It is very impressive the way he has developed/improved over the past few years, gone are the days of Bishop as a backup.

I would like to see some good thing from Mallett so he can assume the backup role next year.

Price creating a roster spot for himself, I already had Fletcher as a lock but he looks like he will earn a lot of PT this year. He has the sorts of instincts/smarts that reminds you of Bruschi, a nose for the ball.

Butler seems to be playing himself off the Team looking at the other CB, Dowling, Bodden, McCourty & Arrington as locks. Williams, Butler and Wilhite fighting for a spot.

Interested in seeing backup S this half too.

Perfect analysis............agree 100 %

Good: Hoyer playing like he usually does=beast
Dane Fletcher- flying in like seau
Mark Anderson- decent pressure
Ridley- solid with a little wiggle
Taylor Price- superman
Nate Solder- i feared his pass protect prior to draft but is solid so far
St ACES- Tracy White and Slater with the tackles

Bad: D butler- same o same o
Carson Butler-first cut
whoever missed coverage on deji's ko
Gary Guyton- this is my personal hate for how he gets blocked by everyone unlike Dane

Mallet sucks. They should cut him right now!

Too soon? ;)

Taylor Price is the Real Deal

Yup, Taylor Price is the No. 4.

Looks like the Pats have 3 QB's better than Snatchez :D

Taylor GANG Price, what a beast

Another big catch by Price! This kid has some explosion in his game. And mallet delivered a laser on that out pattern.

mallet playing well ... where is that trade brady thread ...

:rofl: .................. :bricks::bricks::bricks:

Taylor Price, nuff said

here's a BIG Price fan...

priceisright%281%29.jpg

Ocho is just happy standing there holding his brand new Pats uniform lol

Aside from that delay of game, Mallett has looked solid. You can tell he is comfortable with the offense and has a pro arm. Should be interesting between him and Hoyer.

It's going to be fun going back to the Predict-The-Roster thread and ask those people that were declaring Price a bust that he should be cut what they think of him tomorrow. I realize this is just one pre-season game, played against some people that will be looking for a new job after Labor Day, but the number of people that were so eager to write him off so quickly was inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST