PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Falcons POST Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so proud of you guys Amazing what you overcome to win

BB press conference on now- he sounds happy- well sort of.:D

The bad spot on the ball where the ref w/o the sideline view took the ball and moved it back 2 feet was egregious. Could have cost us the game. Glad we overcame. Like BB says, worry about what you can control, not what you can't.

Wendell is shaky under pressure. It's obvious. Still, we all KNOW they got that first down easily..the back judge came in to spot it and took it from the side judge...c'mon man, we all saw what he did....he doesn't make that call. What a joke. They say weird things happen in that stadium ...we SAW it tonight...replay not working!!!...oh wait, Falcons have the ball again...replay working!!!...what????????????????? you WAIT until it works on BB's call or DON'T use it again the whole game...WTF IS THIS...red light green light???

Every Sunday I biatch and moan about this Goondell...every Sunday some weird call screws one team and clearly helps another, yet all HE does is play this dog and pony show with the fines and hits and NEVER EVER does one thing about these obvious screwups. It's a billions dollar business...replay should have a back up monitor/monitors!!!! NEVER EVER should the system "not work"...ridiculous.
I thought i was watching the replacement reffs tonight, the ones that gave Baltimore the game early last season. IMO Wendell is The weak link in this line, not only did he botch that snap there was pressure coming up the middle a good deal of the time.

Wendell is shaky under pressure. It's obvious. Still, we all KNOW they got that first down easily..the back judge came in to spot it and took it from the side judge...c'mon man, we all saw what he did....he doesn't make that call. What a joke. They say weird things happen in that stadium ...we SAW it tonight...replay not working!!!...oh wait, Falcons have the ball again...replay working!!!...what????????????????? you WAIT until it works on BB's call or DON'T use it again the whole game...WTF IS THIS...red light green light???

Every Sunday I biatch and moan about this Goondell...every Sunday some weird call screws one team and clearly helps another, yet all HE does is play this dog and pony show with the fines and hits and NEVER EVER does one thing about these obvious screwups. It's a billions dollar business...replay should have a back up monitor/monitors!!!! NEVER EVER should the system "not work"...ridiculous.

I agree. Totally hypocrites about making the league safer. Dude lowers his shoulder and launches right into Edelman after he calls for a fair catch. WTF is that.. no flag? Then they almost take off Dobson's head. No flag. WTF? That whole crew of officials should be fined, heavily, for that bs they call officiating. I literally thought the league was rigged after I watched this game.

Its fun to watch a good defense again. I they can't score they can't win. ;)

Yup. Our defense is legit. And how about Michael Buchanan for a seventh round pick? One sack and he was getting close a number of times.

Julian is the best 700k WR in the league, what an offseason bargain steal. :)

Thanks Bro. You guys take care of those Dolphins tomorrow. Show no mercy please. :D

We'll do our part Bro. We are pretty good on both sides of the ball this year. Grats its a quality win.
Major cudos to your D very very impressive, but we held them to 17, something to think about

Re: Re: Chandler Jones Hurt?

Jones was out there. He was lined up at DT. Michaels needs to to get glasses..

I think it was the second to last drive and McMichael was referring to Julio Jones.

That aside it was a tough night for injuries all these players were injured or shaken up:

Wilfork
Dobson
Dennard
Bolden
Edelman
Solder

I agree. Totally hypocrites about making the league safer. Dude lowers his shoulder and launches right into Edelman after he calls for a fair catch. WTF is that.. no flag? Then they almost take off Dobson's head. No flag. WTF? That whole crew of officials should be fined, heavily, for that bs they call officiating. I literally thought the league was rigged after I watched this game.

Dude didn't launch himself into Edelman. He DID however, hold on to McCourty which kept McCourty "engaged" and then lowered his shoulder into Edelman. I agree with you otherwise. It should have been called because Davis was the one who kept he and McCourty engaged. Furthermore, it was a blow to the head which is supposed to be called regardless.

Wicked pissed that the ref's "judgement call" in not throwing the flag when Edes got clobbered on the fair catch. NFL hypocrisy. The cover guy was NOT pushed into Edelperson. He created the contact.

Is ESPN REALLY going with a title of "Patriots Survive" banner on Sportscenter? Are you FCKING KIDDING ME? HOW about...."Did the Refs ALMOST F/CK THE PATRIOTS?".....OR Falcons almost got a win with A BUTTLOAD OF REFEREE GIFTS!"......OR How about PATS WIN DESPITE REFS HORRIFIC BLUNDERS......Anymore?.....Fck tonights refs....this game was never this close.....and lastly.....GET RID OF *****FELD....Guy is a bust and a liability....

To extend what someone (poster here? media-type?) wrote last week:

Patriots fall to 4-0

Re: Chandler Jones Hurt?

I think it was the second to last drive and McMichael was referring to Julio Jones.

That aside it was a tough night for injuries all these players were injured or shaken up:

Wilfork
Dobson
Dennard
Bolden
Edelman
Solder

Bolden returned and then the Pats held him out.
Edelman returned and was fine.
Solder returned and was fine. Played the whole game and wasn't an issue.

This will be hung on Brady, but Wendell is clearly at fault for that fumble.

Also VERY impressed with what we saw of Boyce.

Oh, yeah, Boyce can get seperation, big time! I like the kid.

Who here enjoyed Gonzales getting totally frustrated as 2 LBs stuffed him at the LOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes