PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bucs game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official Patriots vs Buc's game thread

Demps needs a nickname. Speedy Squirt.

How about Fa-gogogo...or Faheywherethehelldidwegetthisguy!

Last edited:

Unfortunately, Seward does not play right tackle on the offensive line.
AS makes EVERYONE on the team better just by his presence ;)

So BB pulls Welker and Vollmer from the lineup, doesn't let Brady run his "top of the line" no huddle offense and then complains about stuff? C'mon people. We've seen this before. BB is doing this to shake up the rank and file so he can say, "We have a lot of work to do. We have a long way to go, We're not close to where we want to be...etc." He knows Cannon is a project at RT and that the no huddle offense can blaze up the field and that Welker in the slot plus a bunch of screens defeats QB pressures. The success of this offense has always been about pressuring the defense with the pedal to the metal and relentless pursuit of the endzone that gases defenses and sends them to the locker room at halftime looking for oxygen. Tonight was vanilla for a reason.

...and wait for Demps to get it. He'll be to the no huddle what nitrous is to drag racing.

Last edited:

you mean...DON'T cut Demps???...what am I gonna do NOW???

Call me lazy, but I don't feel like reading through this whole thread, nor searching through it. Can someone please sum up how Chandler Jones did in this game. I'm just a Jets fan comparing our two most recent defensive line draft picks.

AS makes EVERYONE on the team better just by his presence ;)
The torch has been passed from Adam Seward to Nate Ebner. :D

Didn't you get the memo? ;)

Call me lazy, but I don't feel like reading through this whole thread, nor searching through it. Can someone please sum up how Chandler Jones did in this game. I'm just a Jets fan comparing our two most recent defensive line draft picks.

He had 1 sack,which ocurred when the OL was called for holding......still got the sack......2 or 3 other hits on Freeman......fast down the line on run support,credited with 2 tackles and 1 assist.

Made one mistake on outside support,that I saw.
Terrific all-around game,played about 21/2 quarters.......He's locked in as patriot's starter at RDE,he played some at LDE,also.So,they're moving him around the formation.Very football smart,high motor(doesn't seem to tire).

BTW.....His new nickname is:"The Closer".:rocker:

he had a couple of tackles and a sack...played pretty well considering the rest of the D registered ZERO sacks...but BB was playing the D pretty straight up

Some serious velocity on an awkward throw

Sometimes arm is all that matters

But he squared his shoulders, even if the rest of his body couldn't get around for the throw.

He's actually managed to do something against first stringers.

He's actually managed to do something against first stringers.

Correct me if I am wrong...but is that a jab, a slight, a shot, at Quinton Coples?

yes you could say that...but Coples looks good playing aginst who he's asked to so you can't knock him really. A lot of us want to see him in extended action with the 1's to get a gauge of his wind...seems to get winded easy...could be conditioning. I don't know how you can, as a Jet fan, trust anything that Rex says, since every player is an all pro and the best at their position, but he really has been raving about Coples...maybe to cover up the glaring Wayne Hunter gaffe.

yes you could say that...but Coples looks good playing aginst who he's asked to so you can't knock him really. A lot of us want to see him in extended action with the 1's to get a gauge of his wind...seems to get winded easy...could be conditioning. I don't know how you can, as a Jet fan, trust anything that Rex says, since every player is an all pro and the best at their position, but he really has been raving about Coples...maybe to cover up the glaring Wayne Hunter gaffe.

I noticed the same. Maybe that's why Rex is giving him extended playing time this preseason. Get him in game shape. He still shouldn't be winded though.

I thought she called you the mailman?...doh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back