PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Thread - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll be lots of ball skills back there now with McCourty/Bodden/Butler. We'll see what happens with Springs/Wilhite/Wheatley.

Pats still have plenty of picks -- and may not be through trading. Edge rushers are still on the board. Getting the right players is far more important than the order of positions picked. Bank on that.

I am surprised, but it's a good pick. In Bill we trust. At least he didn't do something stupid like pick dunlap.

Anyway, read this writeup on this guy. Super intelligent, coach on the field, great ball skills, man skills, shut down corner, diagnoses plays before they happen.

they already have a bunch so I'm surprised but whatever, in bill we trust.

Devin McCourty, Rutgers, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

I like the pick. CB was a weakness. Wilhite is marginal and Wheatley is a bust.

I think its possible that the difference between McCourty and the 2nd tier of CB's is larger than the difference between the various pass rushers on the board.

I hate how people actually get passionate in their evaluations of drafts. People....NONE of you know jack sh!t. No fan does. Neither do most scouts for that matter.

Time will tell. Last year's draft appeared pretty good and hopefully this one will be as well.

Oh well, Hughes to the Colts.

Would have preferred he went early in the 2nd to one of the bad teams rather than Indy.

Oh well, Hughes to the Colts.

Would have preferred he went early in the 2nd to one of the bad teams rather than Indy.

yeah, saw that coming. I don't care for it much.

Some of our binkies are still out there. G. Tate - WR, OLB - Kindle, Sapp and Mosi.
Maybe a rb like Gerhart at 53. A couple of 3-4 de's - L.Houston and A.Jones.

Bradford has bust written all over him. Agree/Disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots