PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's a sixth round pick, and I shouldn't get upset over it, but ************ does Belichick's obsession with Special Teams get on my nerves sometimes...

Total reach on Ebner! I had him as a mid-7th. WTH, Belichick!

WTF!

Nate Ebner?

Meanwhile, Tommy Streeter was drafted by the Baltimore Ravens.

Nate Ebner, a special-teams standout at Ohio State, might have improved his stock as much as anyone. He was timed by at least one scout at 4.51 in the 40 and had a standing vertical jump of 39 inches. He is likely to be on the radar now for NFL teams seeking special-teams help.

OSU fans love him, FWIW. Kinda looks like a cartoon:

http://rugbymag.com/images/stories/sevens-crc/06_ebner.jpg

Ebner played more rugby than safety as Ohio State. He will compete with a special teams position at the end of the roster or for the Practice Squad.

You can never have too many rugby players on special teams.

I know it's a sixth round pick, and I shouldn't get upset over it, but ************ does Belichick's obsession with Special Teams get on my nerves sometimes...
The New England Patriots have more special teams punt gunners on the roster than legitimate NFL safeties.

BB takes a rugby player in case the NFL replaces the kickoff with the scrum.

Always ahead of the curve.

Well that sucks..

Must not sit on my ass all day watching the draft.

Denard, Winn and Minnifield must not be on the Pats draft board at all.

Nate Ebner
6'0
202 lbs.
40: 4.54
20: 2.64
10: 1.56

Bench: 23 reps
Vertical: 39 inches
Broad: 10' 08"
Shuttle: 4.04
3 cone: 6.59

The ones in bold really stand out to me.. Love to hear from some Ohio St. Fans on the kid..

BB's reaching now. Ebner is probably a team captain...of the rugby team.

Still I'm cheering for someone called Nate Ebner

Apparently the goal is to punt as often as possible next year.

We're drafting gunners in the second, and trading a second to draft a bunch of punt-team players.

Any chance BB got info on this kid from Vrabel?

Nate Ebner Ohio State 7's - YouTube

From this rugby vid, it looks like Edner might be a good FS, looks like he understands angle and is quite fast. Not sure how rugby translate to football. But rugby players run all day and are tough as nails.

Why when i google Nate Ebner i see Rugby stuff lol. Love BB always keeps us interested.

Very nice watch if your interested Nate Ebner Rugby Feature - YouTube

I'm sitting a couple miles from the Ohio State campus as I type this. Just here for the weekend. Ebner may have been the best special teams player in the draft, and was a world class rugby player. At the Ohio State pro day he displayed freakish athletic ability.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape that he had a 7th round grade, and BB took him in the 6th. Now drafting a player in the 2nd with a 7th round grade would be a different story....oh wait, I guess we did that too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes