PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official New Years 6 Bowl/CFP Thread.

Bama failed to cover the number . Any gamblers here?
That’s precisely the reason I don’t gamble on sports. I do, however, day trade a bit. That’s as close to gambling as I’ll get.

First time in a while Alabama failed to score 35 points.

Best game of the day coming up. A little bad blood. Recent close playoff game.
I think Clemson is eventual natl champ over Bama but OSU is no pushover. I expect competitive game with a little juice.

Devonta Smith should be our pick if he is available....unless we were to somehow trade up.

Devonta Smith should be our pick if he is available....unless we were to somehow trade up.
He will be going in the top 10. Maybe even the top 5. We won’t have a shot at him.

Ohio state in a frenzy, pretty jacked up. Clemson is relaxed, casual, chatting and laughing with each other.

Another game that's over before it even started.

Ohio state in a frenzy, pretty jacked up. Clemson is relaxed, casual, chatting and laughing with each other.

Another game that's over before it even started.

I had OSU upsetting clemson. Hope i am right.

Maria Taylor is yummy. ESPN can show her as many times as they please. My Nubian Goddess.

What’s the over/under for the amount of times the words “Brett Venables” are mentioned tonight? I’ll put it at 20 and take the over.

Maria Taylor is yummy. ESPN can show her as many times as they please. My Nubian Goddess.

What’s the over/under for the amount of times the words “Brett Venables” are mentioned tonight? I’ll put it at 20 and take the over.
I find that American networks love to have very attractive people on screen. I am not here to stop them.

He will be going in the top 10. Maybe even the top 5. We won’t have a shot at him.
Let’s play the game anyways. OTs and QBs move up a tad in the draft and the Patriots sit at 14 or so and they can take him or Pitts. Who do you prefer ?

Alabama Crimson. :cool:

I had OSU upsetting clemson. Hope i am right.

OSU has had a up and down season, they never got in a rhythm and have only played 6 games and missed their last regular season game. I wouldn't count on it.

Jesus.. Charlie Sheen looks as old as his dad does.

Im so sick of hearing “stars” don’t matter in recruiting.

they matter.

any given year usually about half or more of first round picks were 5 star recruits. Considering there are about 30 or so 5 stars in a given year... it matters. The rankings do a really good job with the first 25-40 players.

if you wanna beat teams with 10-20 5 stars on their roster you better have some of those blue chips as well. I don’t expect ND to be able to get that many but they need to start getting 1 or 2 guys in that top 30 or so every year if they wanna be legitimate title contenders. ****.

as much as I don’t think Kelly is great, hes got the program in a much better place then what it was

So glad TL isn’t coming to the AFC East

I think there should be something done to stop there from being only 3-4 college teams with a chance. An idea is limit full scholarships a school can give per sport. Say 30 full scholarships then 10 90% then 10 80%... It would allow some of these other football factories to have a shot to snag some of these top players.

I only worry it may hurt students, but I can't think of any other way to even out the talent. The hope is that there will be enough schools will to give full scholarships to high end players that everyone who deserves one gets one.

No answer for Etienne out of the backfield as I expected.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back