PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official: Jumping off the bandwagon thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The official: Jumping off the bandwagon thread.

You know, I'm starting to get use to being a fan of the most hated team in the NFL. I think I like it. No more Boy Scout image to live up to.

Now if we do win another Super Bowl this year, they will probably call us the Evil Empire. For football, that would be totally cool.:rocker:

I love this attitude. Your posts are just what I need to read to get rid of this "down" feeling I get over every article spewed about our team & coach. Thanks, Nut!

I love this attitude. Your posts are just what I need to read to get rid of this "down" feeling I get over every article spewed about our team & coach. Thanks, Nut!

Glad I could help. If we take what we listen/read in the media and some of the posters here and take them seriously, we will want to stick our heads in an over.

The truth is no one knows what is going to happen. It's all speculation. Even those who think they are "connected" don't really know because there has never been anything like this.

I read from various poster how they don't feel the same about the team and how embarrassed they are to be Patriots fans.
Dead weights and good riddance. Hell, I've no problem with admitting that I was truly embarrassed when the Lisa Olson scandal broke and more embarrassed when the then owner of the team responded by calling her a "*****." But I got over it, came back around with a change in ownership and stuck with the team even though I had been truly disgusted and offended by the fiasco.

Videogate pales in comparison even if more damaging details were to emerge and it also pales in comparison to the other shameful chapters in Patriots-lore. In a sense I do understand, though I don't like it, the want of rivals teams and their fanbase to pillory this franchise in an effort to discredit its accomplishment of the past decade. I cannot and will not agree with those Pats fans who'll pillory our own team by feigning indignation and disgust on a matter where the facts and details have not fully emerged. Screw them and good riddance.

Lastly, let's remember that the poster child team in NFL history, the SF 49ers, a dynasty often accredited with having been the "class" of the league during their dynastic run, is not without its own warts, blemishes and accusations of having been "cheaters." The ties between the DeBartolo family to the mob aside, something that come into play when MLB rejected the family's bid to buy in the league, Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark led the league in cap rules cheating. I make this point not to deflect attention from our own videogate, but only to illustrate that the "cheater" label can be placed on any successful organization and for the most part, is altogether forgotten soon enough. Our three rings, however, will not be as easily forgotten.

Last edited:

There are plenty of questions to ask, I have a few. Such as, if they were warned about it, why did they continue to do it? I'd like to hear, if I can, the teams explaination for that. But, I have been through a lot worst things as a patiots fan since 1970, so I look at his as a minor bump inthe road.

But this thread is for those who have said they are so shamed by this "scandel":eek: , that they don't know if they can look at the team in the same way ever again. Just trying to see who is giving up their seats.

You make a good point.....I would love to know why our coaching staff continued to use a video camera on the field after being told NOT TO......It all comes down to that NOT CHEATING not anything else.......the media has blown this thing into an out of control monster.......So, in answer to the original question......I am WITH THE PATS FOR LIFE!!! GOOD OR BAD!!!...But I will give my opinion on things that I do not agree with or question, and will feel free to give my opinion on any part or player of our team.....In short, I am not a "rose colored glass wearer"........GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I knew it was a matter of time before this popped up.
Can't be mad at Belichick or we're bandwagoners.
Got it.

Well, I knew it was a matter of time before this popped up.
Can't be mad at Belichick or we're bandwagoners.
Got it.

Congrats!:rocker:

it is disapointing but i have been a pats fan since 7th grade and i am not gonna stop now.

Don't be too hard on people... it is like the stages of grief: anger, denial, etc. Almost everyone will be back, most who aren't weren't very dedicated fans anyway.

For me, seeing a lot of the national media reaction has actually been reassuring, because it's such an obvious over-reaction that it's a lot easier to defend the Patriots. At the same time, amazingly, the short time I listened to WEEI was a good thing since they were rational and balanced rather than hysteric (in extreme contrast to Felger, which I think will ultimately doom him in this market).

Don't be too hard on people... it is like the stages of grief: anger, denial, etc. Almost everyone will be back, most who aren't weren't very dedicated fans anyway.

For me, seeing a lot of the national media reaction has actually been reassuring, because it's such an obvious over-reaction that it's a lot easier to defend the Patriots. At the same time, amazingly, the short time I listened to WEEI was a good thing since they were rational and balanced rather than hysteric (in extreme contrast to Felger, which I think will ultimately doom him in this market).

I think some here have anger,self rightousness, adn disloyalty well ahead of grief or denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes