PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Jets at Patriots Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding the Buffalo game, the Pats have score one 4th qtr TD this year

I don't get it. We all agree as fans Lloyd is a much better #2 WR than Branch. Gronk/Hernandez/Welker are still here. The offense got better,personnell wise, yet got worse on the field...

Remember back to pre season and all the talk of how Josh was making changes. Then there is his determination to utilize more varied personnel, whether they click with Brady despite being forced on him or whether they've earned it in game situations 7 weeks in... Too much thinking and not enough just getting in psynch and making plays. I kept seeing Branch and Edelman on the field and kept asking myself where is Welker... I'm going to be interested to see Reiss' breakdown of offensive snaps and sets.

And I don't care what anyone or any stat claims, this OL isn't playing particularly well consistently in either phase of the game. If it wasn't Brady they were fronting they'd be in deep doo doo. This offense plays tight. I think that happens when everyone is uncomfortable with their roles and usage. They have more than enough superiorly talented skill players but they seem reluctant to settle for just letting them play.

For one the gameplan is nothing if Ridley can't get more than three yards on a carry, Brady is missing open receivers, and the OL is having trouble pass protecting. For another, what would you, as an OC, have done differently today?

The lack of identity we have on offense is hurting our continuity.

I'm not an OC, but I do know that Brady is the best QB in the NFL and I would never call back to back screens late in the 4th quarter and take the ball out off Brady's hands. Especially when the Jets were not blitzing.

Excluding the Buffalo game, the Pats have score one 4th qtr TD this year

Excluding the games where we scored a TD in the second half, the Patriots have scored 0 TDs in the second half.

Not really sure anyone can flame away as what you are saying is true. BB's defense has sucked for far too long now. Why? beats me but if it's a coaching problem then that needs to be fixed. If it's not a coaching problem, then the people involved in player personnel need to be looked at.

Thanks man.....I am just not sure why CONSISTENTLY one of the games defensive minds of all time....has been carting out these kind of defensive weaknesses for several years now. I get the "Hey, Bend don't break baby.....we'll give you the 3 pts and the score once in awhile......but TRY to keep up with our offense" scheme.....I get that....and it has worked obviously for the Pats at times. However, WHAT if your offense god forbid....STALLS!!!????....OR the other team goes Toe to Toe with you on scoring....and your defense HAS to MAKE the difference???? BB is in this mindset the past SEVERAL years....and obviously overall, he has been successful. I just can't figure out though, how he could be so consistently BAD (check the stats...Pats have been LAST or next to last in both these areas) in The secondary play.....and PASS rush......If anyone can provide BB a defense on this....I would love to hear it. Not being confrontational....just trying to figure this all out,.....thx

Where are the ppl who had started threads that Brady is not clutch blah blah blah........kiss my a^^

Give me a break. If cromartie had caught what was handed to him it would be a different story entirely.

well the pats d bailed out the pats o and front office once again... as devin mccortey is a sive in special teams and d... but tom brady only has one wr in wes welker.. not going to do that against the big boys , let alone against the hapless jets

The word is sieve. And McCourty wasn't a sieve on special teams. He did slice through the vaunted Jets kick coverage as if they were a sieve on the return for a TD. Yes, McCourty had a fumble, but it was a good play by the kick coverage. I know that you have issues giving credit where it's due, so I'm doing it for you.

This team has more than one WR. Or did you miss both Edelman and Branch getting open and making catches?

What's not going to do it is McDaniels insistence of trying things with O-line personnel that just aren't good enough to handle it. Such as the 2 screen passes and the flea flicker. Plays that take a LONG TIME to set up aren't going to cut it when you are in a hurry up mode. In fact, they run counter to the idea of the hurry up.

The Pats didn't use the play-action pass enough again. And they should have. Especially with Vereen, Ridley and Woodhead all running pretty well against the Jets.

Excluding the games where we scored a TD in the second half, the Patriots have scored 0 TDs in the second half.

Excluding the game against Arizona, Baltimore, and Seattle, the Pats are undefeated. :)

Plenty to post about, and I'll get to setting down some points later. For now, I'll just note two things:

1.) The Patriots are not a good football team right now.

2.) The people who were insisting that records didn't mean anything should take a long, hard look at where the Patriots would be if the Jets were the team at 4-3 right now.

Last edited:
The lack of identity we have on offense is hurting our continuity.

I'm not an OC, but I do know that Brady is the best QB in the NFL and I would never call back to back screens late in the 4th quarter and take the ball out off Brady's hands. Especially when the Jets were not blitzing.
I'm not an OC either but Brady hasn't exactly been playing like the best QB in the league during late game clutch moments for some time now. Maybe that's why we are seeing the calls we are seeing?

Watching the offensive struggles for seemingly no reason is difficult. Watching the passes be completed 15-20 yards down field by "MARK I'm an interception waiting to happen Sanchez" is brutal.

I don't blame any single player or coach, I just don't understand the struggles. How our O makes things look so difficult at times.

On the plus side, it was great to see Vereen out there making plays. It seems we NEED a 2-3 back committee or the lead back (Ridley) will just be stuffed.

I think the D line and LB crew have been playing really well, Spikes is force and Ninko is probably my favorite underdog style player. Everyone on this board gets pissy when he's out there but time and time again over the last two seasons he ends up making critical plays.

Come off it. The OPI was pure BS. Stephen Hill did worse than that on several of his catches.

The 2 drops hurt, yes. But, the 8 targets is misleading. Especially when 2 of them were Brady throwing the ball away.

It was OPI. The replay showed it plainly. Lllllloyd knows better than to extend his arm like that.

Last edited:
Going to give Ninko some room, maybe about 2months without criticizing him. They guy is a winner, how many games has he won for us this season? Against Manning, he won us the game. Now he ice this game for us as well.
Should never have come to this.

I always felt Ninko's been a solid player because he plays disciplined and sets the edge. When he couldn't get the edge set in the Ravens game this year, it was Bad News for us. He fits the "Do Your Job" philosophy; you can build ~team~ performance from there.

He might not be flashy, but until we can get an upgrade, I'm happy with his play.

I'm not an OC either but Brady hasn't exactly been playing like the best QB in the league during late game clutch moments for some time now. Maybe that's why we are seeing the calls we are seeing?

McD's play calling late in games hasn't exactly been consistent with his play calling early in games.

I am not going to appologize for this win. Yeah, we got away with one today, and we looked awful at times, but we won. That is all that matters at the end of the day. In a 16 game season, you are going to have ugly games, but I take an ugly win vs a pretty loss any day.

Division games are hardly cakewalks, and the Jets came to play today. As much as we hate the Jets, you have to give them credit. They play us real tough today.

We got away with one.....totally agree with you. I will give the jests this....they took advantage of the gifts that we gave them, and their D without Revis...was surprisingly good......But, I really feel like if we had played to our capability on defense....this game should have NEVER have been this close....especially at HOME.....glad to have a win....but VERY uncomfortable with this team's future this year

The secondary is the worst I've ever seen on any team in any season. Bad coaching bad talent bad execution. I think you could replace these guys with practice squad / free agents and there would be no appreciable difference (except Wilson, who seems okay at least)

You clearly never saw any Texans games during their 1st couple of years. Or weren't paying attention to some of the Bills teams we've played.. Or some of the Browns teams that we've played.

As long as Spikes knocks someone out with a clean hard hit, I'm content.

Great post....I have EXTREME difficulty disagreeing with you on any point you make. Not a very confident Pats fan right now going forward.......Brady did make the plays tho to get this done and YES....Gost made the kick..........Our D on the other hand..continues to be a re-occurring, festering sore.....

Get a clue!!!
Brady and McCourty are sending thank you bouquets to Stephen Hill.
Brady was brutal on that drive with 4 minutes left. Looked like a college freshman with that forced throw to Gronk.
Just brutal. Got booed and deserved it.
And McCourty with that fumble. Ugh!!!!!
But the most brutal play of all was that drop by Stephen Hill.
Cost the Jets this game.
I cannot believe the Patriots struggled to win this game.
The only upside that I see is Gostkowski making those kicks.
Other than that this was a lousy game for the Patriots. Fortunately they have the Lambs before their bye. This team has an awful lot of work to do during their time off.
BTW Mark Sanchez is a borderline NFL QB. That guy has regressed over the past couple of years. Ugly!!!!

Lloyd was horrible. I really like him, but he certainly has to catch the fecking ball. Most balls thrown at him today was tough catches but he has to come down with at least 2-3 of them

Look I'm a lloyd fan too, but the drops today were all him. The pass in ot should have ended it! The ball hit him in the chest. Where were his arms?

The Patriots were 5-3 at the midpoint last year and nearly went all the way.

Getting the voice ready for next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back