PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 3 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
A defensive draft, just as posters predicted.

OT, CB, RB, RB, QB, OG

Gahhh, we better pick again before the Bruins game starts

what do you guys mean when you he's not the type of O lineman the pats usually draft?

We usually go for the smaller, niftier on their feet ol. Not a road-grader like Cannon. We've never had anyone approaching 350lb. If he gets healthy, he'll be our starting RG in 2012. Jon Lester beat it. Hopefully, this kid can too.

Marcus Cannon, I like the pick. Its amazing though, only 1 defensive player in this draft so far!!

I love the pick...... Top-50 talent (won't play this year likely, but his cancer is very treatable). He was a second rounder aside from the cancer. Pick for the future, and a good one.

I think BB has more respect for the D then the everyone else does. We don't need to get younger there. We need to get healthier and more experienced. Perhaps a FA or two, but what we need on D won't be addressed in the draft this year.

This year is CLEARLY about the running game and OL in general.

what do you guys mean when you he's not the type of O lineman the pats usually draft?

The Pats like fluid, mobile athletes. Mankins and Vollmer are poster-boys for our thinking in terms of the O-line - big, nasty, excellent technicians, and can move like a linebacker. Cannon, whilst mobile for his size, isn't exactly mobile in itself. And he has issues with setting up in pass-pro.

I'll not argue with the pick, because I'm not BB or Dante Scarnacchia, but he's definitely different to what we normally go with.

Mankins, Neal, Connolly, Hochstein etc - all in the 6'4" - 310lb range.

I'll post up their triangle numbers in a bit and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:
With all these high upside great value picks, Romeus really could be the pick at 159 if he's still there.

Now if they can only resign Mankins, all the Pats need to do is draft a center next year and the transition is complete. Good thing they drafted Mallet, because he will be the only QB able to see over the O line

herzlich our next 5

he fits in our Super Bowl window:)

I like this pick as well.
Huge, yet light on his feet and fairly quick.
Presumably he projects to guard.
He may need the season for treatment, I have no idea.
Certainly taller than the typical Patriots guard. But, of course, he would be lilliputian compared to the new tackles.

This is sort of like trading another pick for next season.

Another Binky bites the dust. A lot of people around here wanted Klug as a late round pick here

Box is going to be heartbroken - Karl Klug is off to Tennessee.

Looks like Cannon might be a redshirt pick. Could we see another redshirt pick in Romeus next? :D

herzlich better be our next

For all the Herzlich fans, an honest question: if he hadn't played locally, what would have made him leap out at you as a Pats pick? He doesn't seem to fit the physical prototype, plus they're in excellent shape at ILB. I just don't see it.

I would be very happy with Romeus next.

A defensive draft, just as posters predicted.

OT, CB, RB, RB, QB, OG

I predicted our first 6 picks would be 2xOL, CB, possible RB, OLB or DE (only if a real stud is available early) and trade.

so, I was close.

For all the Herzlich fans, an honest question: if he hadn't played locally, what would have made him leap out at you as a Pats pick? He doesn't seem to fit the physical prototype, plus they're in excellent shape at ILB. I just don't see it.

Attacking the "Fan Boys"....I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST