PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***THE OFFICIAL 2014 New England Patriots training camp thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said earlier in the offseason that Boyce getting it would be a godsend for the team. He has the speed to torch a lot of corners outside the numbers, which is something the Pats have been sorely lacking for some time now. His issues that need correction are his route running, ability to get off the jam, and tracking the ball in the air, from what I saw. So he has quite a bit of work he needs to do. But, as I said before, I am rooting hard for him to put it all together.

Those attributes describe Matthew Slater to a T except that Slater seems to be able to get off the jam.
Just sayin'.

Edelman, KT, Amendola, and Gronk the first team unit in the passing drill.

Is the Broncos in training camp too? How many passing yards Peyton already has in the 2014 season?

Can't wait to see how Jimmy G looks this camp. We could get a glimpse into whether he is the talent the franchise thinks he is.

Also, the Stork/Wendell fight for starting centre will be fascinating. Wendell was a human turnstyle last year, but can't get put of my head he looked excellent in 2012

@zuriberry: Kenbrell Thompkins with two fantastic catches. So far, leg up in the WR competition IMO. #PatsCamp

@erikfrenz: Kenbrell Thompkins with two incredible catches in a row in the back corner of the end zone.

Can't wait to see how Jimmy G looks this camp. We could get a glimpse into whether he is the talent the franchise thinks he is.

Also, the Stork/Wendell fight for starting centre will be fascinating. Wendell was a human turnstyle last year, but can't get put of my head he looked excellent in 2012

Wendell didn't look excellent by any stretch of the imagination in 2012. He looked slightly better than he did in 2013, but that's not saying much considering one could make a very strong argument that he was the worst center in the entire league in 2013.

@zuriberry: Kenbrell Thompkins with two fantastic catches. So far, leg up in the WR competition IMO. #PatsCamp

@erikfrenz: Kenbrell Thompkins with two incredible catches in a row in the back corner of the end zone.

Thompkins is going to make this team. There's no question about it. Whether he can contribute for an entire season is actually the question. Same with Dobson, Boyce, and Amendola.

im taking a break on my projects for business law and philosophy. Watching NFL Network and all they are showing is Peyton Manning. Seriously, are these guys at NFLN masturbating to Peyton right now? They have been showing him throwing the ball for the last 20 minutes.

Very good to hear I would like to see more of KT this season I think he has allot of talent.

im taking a break on my projects for business law and philosophy. Watching NFL Network and all they are showing is Peyton Manning. Seriously, are these guys at NFLN masturbating to Peyton right now? They have been showing him throwing the ball for the last 20 minutes.

They must think their viewing audience has a fascination with dying ducks.

Thompkins has plenty of ability, including excellent hands and body control. But IMO his biggest weakness as a rookie was in working against defenders, which you really can't judge progress on until the games turn real.

Wendell didn't look excellent by any stretch of the imagination in 2012. He looked slightly better than he did in 2013, but that's not saying much considering one could make a very strong argument that he was the worst center in the entire league in 2013.

Thompkins is going to make this team. There's no question about it. Whether he can contribute for an entire season is actually the question. Same with Dobson, Boyce, and Amendola.

Maybe excellent was overdoing it a bit, but I think he was far better in 2012. 2013 he sucked, granted.

Either way, I think if Stork is as pro ready as we are hearing, then he wins that position. Wendell then gets cut IMO, with the more versatile Connelly sticking

Maybe excellent was overdoing it a bit, but I think he was far better in 2012. 2013 he sucked, granted.

Either way, I think if Stork is as pro ready as we are hearing, then he wins that position. Wendell then gets cut IMO, with the more versatile Connelly sticking

If Stork is anywhere near pro-ready, he should win that "competition" in a laugher. Wendell is simply awful.

@OliverBThomas: Second-year defensive back Justin Green has had a couple nice pass breakups against Brandon LaFell and Josh Boyce.

@CESPN1: Brandon LaFell with now two drops.

The drops from LaFell out of the gates are not surprising. He's still learning a new, and complicated, offense. With that will come increased drops. I'm sure (and I hope) he'll fix that before the season.

Thank god for this thread, the off off off season, off off season, off season are all finally over.. there will be plenty of speculation, but hopefully we can all be more grounded in reality....

Thank god for this thread, the off off off season, off off season, off season are all finally over.. there will be plenty of speculation, but hopefully we can all be more grounded in reality....

But...but...Andre Johnson! Rob Housler!! *sniff*

I canceled that channel from my cable programming a long time ago. Their programming is as bad as Espn, IMO. I get Espn witout paying extra.

Mike Reiss's twitter feed is extremely useful thus far. He just tweeted a picture of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Thanks, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes